• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Feedback for Guild Expedition.. Level 5

Johnny B. Goode

I don't think you need to make tradeoffs. Inno is clearly aiming for GE5 capability with those new buildings.

Keymaster's Workshop, Phantom Tower, the upcoming Panda Shrine all offer boosts on both sides of the attacking/defending spectrum.

Fill your city with buildings like those and you won't lose out on anything. I'd wager we will see more of them in the future, and keymaster workshop means you can keep churning out Phantom Towers - which is the best option at the moment for two-way boosts.
And isn't the only way to get the Keymaster's Workshop to buy the premium line? Yeah, no longer F2P for sure.

I don't think you need to make tradeoffs. Inno is clearly aiming for GE5 capability with those new buildings.

Keymaster's Workshop, Phantom Tower, the upcoming Panda Shrine all offer boosts on both sides of the attacking/defending spectrum.

Fill your city with buildings like those and you won't lose out on anything. I'd wager we will see more of them in the future, and keymaster workshop means you can keep churning out Phantom Towers - which is the best option at the moment for two-way boosts.
Yea, I think this would be better if you didn’t need so high stats. If you need 1975/1975 to clear, the phantom tower (assuming you can get it), gives you about 25/25. If you get the same quality building each month (another dubious assumption), you’re increasing your defense stats by about 300 after a year of getting every event building. It would take so many of these event buildings to make this happen. Like I guess maybe the plan is two years down the line all the buildings will be so OP with military stats people can clear it without massively changing out their productive attack buildings. I just wouldn’t imagine that is the goal.

Be Chuille

Yea, I think this would be better if you didn’t need so high stats. If you need 1975/1975 to clear, the phantom tower (assuming you can get it), gives you about 25/25. If you get the same quality building each month (another dubious assumption), you’re increasing your defense stats by about 300 after a year of getting every event building. It would take so many of these event buildings to make this happen. Like I guess maybe the plan is two years down the line all the buildings will be so OP with military stats people can clear it without massively changing out their productive attack buildings. I just wouldn’t imagine that is the goal.
I am in FE, and finished the level fighting with 346/822. 180 of that was stacked potions, and 30 was a Tavern boost. I started out with much lower stats, and increased them as I went by adding boosts to my city.

Remember that boost is not the only thing to consider. We also need to relearn what troops to use. The units we are used to using to attack are not necessarily the best to use for defense. That was a learning curve that cost me some troops, but it was fun to have that challenge.

I used diamonds in the last stretch to heal troops for the second wave. I also used goods to buy some buildings in the last stretch. Hope to increase my stats some more so that is not necessary eventually.

Wildelk68

Agree with Big Daddy! Not only will it take years to retool as stated there would have to be more expansions added to accomodate a few Phantom Towers and as long term players know there aren't many opportunities to get those!

Be Chuille

Agree with Big Daddy! Not only will it take years to retool as stated there would have to be more expansions added to accomodate a few Phantom Towers and as long term players know there aren't many opportunities to get those!
There are some buildings that give both attack and defense boosts, and I believe there will be more of those.
Just need to be willing to replace what you have so that you can get both boosts.

How many complaining here have a city full of Stage of Ages? For some reason people like to collect those, when there are about 30 to 50 (depending on your age) buildings that give you more attack as well as defense per square.

CDmark

And isn't the only way to get the Keymaster's Workshop to buy the premium line? Yeah, no longer F2P for sure.
correct, if they made getting a Phantom impossible for F2P players, that would be a slap. BUT, some could argue having a new minigame and they don't understand it, they may not get the Phantom. That premium line is going to be a matter of patience. I don't mind them generating revenue via that method, F2P can get it (and not impossible but daily play is needed so annoying) but want more, ie 2nd one (not right away too), then pay. The keymaster is a decent building for BG collection too so some sacrifice there but has some decent attack stats(attacking and defending) which scale too, so higher age players get a bit more.

LoveNkind

SAVE FORGE OF EMPIRES--We love the game!

People cannot deal with something where they are more than half wrong. This game will cease to exist unless Inno fixes this debacle fast. And NOBODY could face the wall of hate that has been posted about this GE boondockle. So if you want FoE restored, post what you like here.
I LIKE making 64 GE encounters 100%. I am okay with the defense challenge. I love challenges. I love the serpent.
GE is my favorite part of FoE--partly because of the diamonds. They need to be restored.
I love the guilds.
I love the varied play and the fact that there is almost always something to do.
I admire Inno's success in balancing the necessity for paid players with the need not to ruin the free players' game with P2W (until now).
I like the world chat.
I love events. their challenge, their variety, the buildings.
I love the real history in FoE. We've had interesting lessons about Rosa Parks and other historical figures.
I LOVE FOE ARTISTS!!!!

Be Chuille

This is a fighting game. Have we all turned into wimps who just want everything to come easily?
Let's take on the new challenge and beat it!
A game that is not a challenge is NOT fun. GE was getting boring when it became too easy. We needed a new challenge.
I was not sure at first either, but having beat it, I greatly appreciated the fun challenge.
It still will be a challenge ongoing for a while, as I learn and adapt. But it is better than being bored.

jathan123

There are some buildings that give both attack and defense boosts, and I believe there will be more of those.
Just need to be willing to replace what you have so that you can get both boosts.

How many complaining here have a city full of Stage of Ages? For some reason people like to collect those, when there are about 30 to 50 (depending on your age) buildings that give you more attack as well as defense per square.
And what else to Stage of Ages give, hmmm? Lets see... equal FPs to Shrines per square, and 15 Previous Age goods, in addition to population and happiness to surpass that population, which makes it insanely good for new players, and flat out superior to Shrines even without the attack bonus. Yes Shrines now have an upgrade kit, but how many F2P players actually have a level 2 shrine yet?

Be Chuille

And what else to Stage of Ages give, hmmm? Lets see... equal FPs to Shrines per square, and 15 Previous Age goods, in addition to population and happiness to surpass that population, which makes it insanely good for new players, and flat out superior to Shrines even without the attack bonus. Yes Shrines now have an upgrade kit, but how many F2P players actually have a level 2 shrine yet?
I am pretty sure that GE5 is intended to give a challenge to higher level players, which is fine. We all need something to work towards.
No higher level player has shrines. There are much more efficient ways to get FP and goods than Stage of Ages, including better buildings.
I'm not sure who started the rumor that SoAs are the best thing to build. :) I see way too many high level players with 1/2 their city SoAs.
But... everyone can do what they want with their own city.
Just don't complain about not having enough attack or defense if you are not planning well.
Google mooingcats Sortable Building Table to learn more.

jathan123

This is a fighting game. Have we all turned into wimps who just want everything to come easily?
Let's take on the new challenge and beat it!
A game that is not a challenge is NOT fun. GE was getting boring when it became too easy. We needed a new challenge.
I was not sure at first either, but having beat it, I greatly appreciated the fun challenge.
It still will be a challenge ongoing for a while, as I learn and adapt. But it is better than being bored.
And no, not everything needs to come easily. but when Inno starts catering to those who want everything easily (i.e. P2W) it makes everyone else feel left out and stepped on. As for the challenge level of GE5, sure but when high level players simply say its not worth it, between the cost and rewards (12k goods while in SAJM with extra turn and 3 resets to do the entire thing, according to one post I saw in a different thread, which his city can take, but the rewards arent worth it to do, and when other guilds arent bothering with T5 either, which from all reports, it also takes away the competition reasoning to do T5. Another post I saw was 250 Attack and 7000, 7000 Defense bonus to fight, and that only barely. Now if you get higher attack bonus, that will help. But if the rewards arent worth the challenge then why would you change your city to fit something thats basically pointless? And if you arent doing the T5 then you'll never get the T5 buildings which are supposed to be used to get your defense bonus up to be able to fight. As for the rumor about Stages? Because they are good for both FPs and Attack bonus, which until now were the two most important stats in your city, and they are also the easiest building to get and spam that gives decent bonuses to both, as far as I am aware.

And lastly, I am going to bring up a point that infuriated people from the Forge Bowl Event. FoE is a city builder sandbox. you shouldnt be forced to play one specific way or else lose very valuable stuff in a supposedly F2P sandbox game. i.e. you had to use a very specific strategy to get the final upgrade for the forge Bowl building if you werent using diamonds or money. Speaking of Diamonds, the most consistent and easiest way to get Diamonds is now gone for most players too.

In short, from everything I've seen and heard, this isnt a "New Challenge" its another money grab, like locking the bonus rewards behind money, rather then the equivalent diamonds, or like locking the mobile app, which has been a major draw for... how long? Since the games creation? behind ads. You may see it differently, in which case good for you! I am glad you can still enjoy the game! But the game is very quickly losing its draw for me, and several other players with this fixing of a not broken GE.

stymie of Suwannee

The Stages of Ages and the Winner Plaza becoming a standard prize was the first step in antiquating many buildings (and our dual stat buildings). Great buildings (SoA&WP), but quickly becoming outclassed by the last year’s Event buildings. And this will continue in another direction. Fortunately, like a couple year’s ago garbage train of event buildings, I am actually looking forward to more stuff to sell, better than hustling for next cool thing I’ll promptly have sell anyways. Dull my AA&D blade that provides 100s and 1000s of FP for more low end auction silver? No thanks. And then providing Attacker Attack buildings as the reward is a gross joke.

Be Chuille

The Stages of Ages and the Winner Plaza becoming a standard prize was the first step in antiquating many buildings (and our dual stat buildings). Great buildings (SoA&WP), but quickly becoming outclassed by the last year’s Event buildings. And this will continue in another direction. Fortunately, like a couple year’s ago garbage train of event buildings, I am actually looking forward to more stuff to sell, better than hustling for next cool thing I’ll promptly have sell anyways. Dull my AA&D blade that provides 100s and 1000s of FP for more low end auction silver? No thanks. And then providing Attacker Attack buildings as the reward is a gross joke.
True that SoA and WP had their time. But that is gone now. They are slipping down in usefulness. Same with Checkmate Square.
A city should be constantly evolving. Everything should be considered for its usefulness at the time it is built, and then reevaluate that often.
The age of the city, the players' styles, and many other things determine what to build, as we all know.
The worst thing we can do is build our city and decide that it is "done" now.

Orius Maximus

I think that his problem was with the 245% attack. He may have only been taking one damage per hit but that's all he was doing to the opposing units. Neither army held any boost advantage. 7000% is not sustainable. It's cool that he was successful but I'm thinking that his strategy is a one-trick-pony.

I'd have to concur. 245% isn't that much especially in the upper ages, a player isn't going to break through high defenses with that. He was probably only doing 1or 2 damage like someone else already mentioned. A 7000% defense probably isn't worth the costs. It looks like boosting the defense attack bonus here is more important, and people were neglecting that because city defense was undervalued.

I'll have to take a look at my inventory and see if I have any buildings that boost defense attack that I've overlooked, though I think I might have built some of the more useful ones already. I don't want to spam too many Tactician Towers either. I'm still leveling up, and I want to make sure I have space for future needs.

armyant777

Usually when an addition to game is introduced, game balance should be a primary consideration.
Contribution to the overall gameplay should be improved. The new GE certainly did not consider that perspective.
As usual, the changes reduce the way to get diamonds from play. Basic economics says if you are not selling enough of something, the price is to high.
In particular, you are selling something which requires no tangible resourcs to create and is 100% profit.
A couple of more changes like this and you may as well wipe the servers. I only play in G world. there were 85K accounts there 3 years ago. There are now less than 50K. That should make you take a step back and evaluate your long term plans for this game.

Orius Maximus

Terracotta Army was already valuable. St. Basil's Cathedral is probably now more valuable. Deal Castle is possibly improved but it's still dragged down by that huge 7x7 footprint. In any case if I really need it, I can easily build it.

Unfortunately, I already have all the special buildings that boost attack defense that I had in my inventory, a Mikoto Bridge, the Buccaneer's Boathouse, and a Hippodrome. Other possibilities are the Athlon Abbey, Bear Mountain, Jolie Canal, and Gingerbread Bakery, but I don't have enough pieces for any of those. The Jolie Canal in particular boosts both attacks, so is arguably the most valuable. The Gingerbread Bakery gets an offensive attack boost when combined with other bakeries, but that bonus remains flat.

There's the Harvest Farm and Horror Circus sets, but as typical for sets, the defense attack boosts are flat and do not increase with age. So they have less of an impact in the higher ages. There's also the Celtic Forest, but that thing has pretty weak boosts for its size. I didn't keep that in my city for long.

I have some Tactician Towers and Globe Fountains, but I don't want to dump in too many of those. The towers at least are off road, so can fill in gaps.

The better existing defense attack boosts are probably the Hippodrome and the Jolie Canal. Maybe the Abbey and Boathouse too. That's not counting the current event.

Johnny B. Goode

There are much more efficient ways to get FP and goods than Stage of Ages, including better buildings.
I'm not sure who started the rumor that SoAs are the best thing to build. :) I see way too many high level players with 1/2 their city SoAs.
Well, Stage of Ages gives previous era goods, which is huge, and on top of that and FP it also gives attack boost. So stay away from them if you want, but I'll take as many as I can fit in my city.

As far as those saying that Deal Castle and St Basil's just got more valuable, they are just dreaming. The first encounter I faced in AF GE5 had 375% boosts. The paltry boosts of those two GBs wouldn't make a dent in that. And that's just the first encounter. Nope. And the other thing is that for negotiating, the trick has always been to start over instead of paying the 10 Diamonds for an extra turn. Well, starting over when you're using dozens, if not hundreds, of goods for each turn is just not sustainable for most players. (Heavy GBGers may disagree, but they don't realize that they're in the minority of players.)

Last edited:

TouchstonePlayer

No matter what boosts I activate, I can't complete the first encounter in GE5. We will no longer be wasting goods to unlock GE5 in our guild in the future. From what I've read, the months of development and testing have been wasted on a large number of players.

One of the problems I see for higher level players is that their city is maxed out on expansions. Now that the defending army boost is important, these players will have to take out buildings in order to put in defensive army boosts. Who wants to do that? Inno should have offered expansions along with GE5 release so that players have space to put the defensive structure required to get through even the first encounter ... or perhaps, like the space colonies, offer an offsite area where players can add defensive army buildings.

Cromis car Erin

I am not playing GE 5 period , this is just a bunch of greedy Inno BS that no one wants.
I tried it...didn't like it. Too costly, whether you fight or negotiate, and the rewards are definitely NOT worth the cost. Very disappointed. In fact with changes in GE, thinking none of it is worthwhile. The only reason I will do GE from now on is to support the guild.