• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Feedback for Open Letter to Our Players

DeletedUser4770

We are interested in your Feedback. Let us know any questions, concerns, or comments.

Thank you!
Your Forge of Empires Team

DeletedUser21023

Will the small event you mentioned be part of the Halloween event or separate?

DeletedUser

I really do hope that the Mobile version becomes actually playable and not a limited piece of doo-doo soon!

I'm ALSO hoping that the change in the development environment might mean a move away from Flash altogether!

DeletedUser8152

Nice to hear an update about what's in the works. I hope that it all goes well!

DeletedUser

I'm ALSO hoping that the change in the development environment might mean a move away from Flash altogether!
I think new development environment means new office or new furniture or something like this :)

DeletedUser11609

You need more feedback from your players?
Seems counter to what's been happening over the last year or so. You've had plenty of negative feedback on any number of changes, and ignored it.
Not sure posting an open letter means a bunch after all this time.....

No npc damage...worst idea ever.
Adding terrible lag to gvg and aid (you are essentially punishing players for not spending diamonds in GvG, once you have enough damaged troops displayed the game becomes unplayable)
Promising a real update for the apps for how long? (Hint: no communication from the apps, makes them useless for 90% of the game.)
The archaic mail system, 2 flashes for every message, including your own responses? No way to edit the distribution list? No way to filter mail or route to different boxes?
Ignoring the rampant cheating going on in the game.

I understand that Inno is a business and making money is part of the process. However I have limited tolerance for businesses who go out of their way to grind their customers every chance they get, while providing very little in the way of improvements.
Personally, I have really pulled back my playtime, and am having a hard time logging on much, many of my friends are having the same issue.
I realize since I have not been spending money on the game my opinion has limited value to you, however I would think it would be hard to keep the game going, if all you have left is the addicted diamond players...:D

EDIT:
My favorite line from the Open letter....

"We know that we've been testing your patience a bit, but now it's rather safe to say that we're really close to messaging's release!"

A couple months is testing people's patience....Years, is more like beating our patience to death, while refusing to respond to valid complaints....

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser10076

i've steadily losing interest in this game, ill see what the next couple of updates bring. I got one foot out the door.

DeletedUser9393

You say

"There are also other things, improvements that are clearly necessary and players from many language versions have been bringing them up many times"

Does that mean you will finally be fixing the ugly Quest graphics or rollong back to what you had ?

DeletedUser11609

Honestly. Another garbage event with no regular event buildings? And selling Champion retreats for $20?
If this is your idea of showing customer appreciation, I'd hate to see what you're going to do when you no longer appreciate them.....

DeletedUser17710

WHY do you folks who never have a nice thing to say about the game and give the developers a hard time continue to PLAY it and hang out in a forum that is about this game you feel is so lousy?

You folks are buzz-kills around here.

If you hate the game, think the developers suck, can't stand the rules, think they are ripping you off, etc. etc. FIND A NEW GAME to play. There's literally hundreds of thousands of different games human beings have created over the last few thousand years.

Buy a chess board or get a hold of a pencil and paper and start a game of hangman with your friends and family.

Why continue to play this particular game and give the developers a hard time?

Obviously a lot of folks DO like the game. I do. I play a couple hours each night and I always enjoy the game experience EVEN when I am getting beat up a little and if I didn't I would just STOP PLAYING it.

- - - Updated - - -

We are interested in your Feedback. Let us know any questions, concerns, or comments.

Thank you!

I think you folks are doing GREAT.

I started playing last February and I spend at least an hour each night playing and I would most likely play MORE if I had more time.

Keep up the good work

My suggestion (feed back) is- try to figure out a future change to make renovation kits a little easier to get.

DeletedUser13866

i just want to thank you for taking the players feedback and letting us know what is going on, wasn't sure if that proposal was going to actually get anywhere

DeletedUser11609

WHY do you folks who never have a nice thing to say about the game and give the developers a hard time continue to PLAY it and hang out in a forum that is about this game you feel is so lousy?

You folks are buzz-kills around here.

If you hate the game, think the developers suck, can't stand the rules, think they are ripping you off, etc. etc. FIND A NEW GAME to play. There's literally hundreds of thousands of different games human beings have created over the last few thousand years.

Buy a chess board or get a hold of a pencil and paper and start a game of hangman with your friends and family.

Why continue to play this particular game and give the developers a hard time?

Obviously a lot of folks DO like the game. I do. I play a couple hours each night and I always enjoy the game experience EVEN when I am getting beat up a little and if I didn't I would just STOP PLAYING it.

- - - Updated - - -

I think you folks are doing GREAT.

I started playing last February and I spend at least an hour each night playing and I would most likely play MORE if I had more time.

Keep up the good work

My suggestion (feed back) is- try to figure out a future change to make renovation kits a little easier to get.

You realize that your statements epitomize everything that is wrong with society today?
You recommend everyone keep their heads down and accept whatever scraps they are given? Don't we have enough sheep in this world already?
And you seem oblivious to the last 18 months, where Inno has ignored every single concern posted.
This open letter is an effort to try and show change, but until they actually do something, it's still meaningless....

"If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything" ???
Might want to remove that line in your profile, really does not seem appropriate...:)

DeletedUser20153

Messaging System MUST Be Fixed!

Thank you!

I've already seen many criticisms of FoE's messaging system, some going back to previous years. However, even though it is obvious that a lot of clever programming has gone into this game, the FoE messaging system remains one of the worst features of any cooperative game I've ever seen. Threads are completely dropped; there is no way to search through past threads/messages (usually in the 100's); there is no way to filter messages by keyword, poster, or any other factor. And so on. Compared to all the other features of this great game, why is this part so badly done? It negatively affects the playing of the game, and lessens the enjoyment of playing. Players don't see messages sent to them; or respond to messages that are already obsolete but look new; and none of it can even be accessed from other parts of the game without closing multiple windows. You should be very proud of creating this wonderful game, but you should be ashamed of your messaging/forum system.

DeletedUser17710

You realize that your statements epitomize everything that is wrong with society today?
You recommend everyone keep their heads down and accept whatever scraps they are given? Don't we have enough sheep in this world already?
And you seem oblivious to the last 18 months, where Inno has ignored every single concern posted.
This open letter is an effort to try and show change, but until they actually do something, it's still meaningless....

"If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything" ???
Might want to remove that line in your profile, really does not seem appropriate...:)

It's a FREE to play silly computer game. And it's FUN to play. They don't have to change ANYTHING.

I'll tell you what's wrong with society. Instead of this games participants thanking Inno for putting this game on the Internet and allowing folks to play this game for free, kids like you whine and moan about everything.

Like I already said. find another game if you feel this game is lousy. Or better yet once you get out of High School start your own computer game company, build a much better game than FOE and then allow hundreds of thousands of folks to play it for free. You can even start your own forum and then spend the rest of your life tweaking your game every time some crybaby whines about something.

DeletedUser17759

lotsoffish: what's your definition of "have to"? "gun to my head"? Then yeah, not many people have to do much.

P.S.: I *have* been playing more chess lately.

DeletedUser20509

Concern: attacks from advanced era players

Thank you!

While I realize attacks from other players are part of the game, attack from players with +4 age weaponry is neither reasonably fair from a gamers perspective nor possible to repel.

I suggest to limit the ages available to attack to -2 ages from attacker.

:mad:

DeletedUser9393

Attacks for points are no problem, but perhaps plunder should only be possible of players who are the same age or higher.

qaccy

I've logged in to this game every day since I started playing in November of 2013. While there are definitely some aspects that could use improvements, a lot also HAS been improved since then and you mentioned a great deal of the current issues in the letter. I look forward to seeing the game continue to grow and hope that all of the issues mentioned in the letter are actually worked on and improved in the near future. :D Especially GvG! lol

Rabbi.

Thank you!

After reading the open letter and the previous messages I have to write to say that I am very thankful to the InnoGames Team for releasing and improving this game... I have played for two years now and have spent some real money from time to time... not much to be honest.

But I agree that there must be angry players, there are tons of reasons to complain, and thanks to them the game has evolved... There is no need to exclude anyone from commenting... be it in a bad or good way... we are a communrty of players and as such diversity is a guarantee of improvement and development.

I am waiting to see the new changes but I love to play the game as it is right now since it allowes me to adapt to it... sometimes I can sit more often, sometimes less... but still I can log in and enjoy my Guild rolling over the map, or just changing and making my city more efficient...

Good job Inno but try to listen more and let us think that you really take us seriously.