• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Feedback for St. Patrick's Event 2024

xivarmy

The event is winding down and i still cant generate enough Q only T.

A bit late. But to generate Qs, you need to work your festival, shipping, and highest factory you've been able to unlock so far up. You should generate some Qs around festival 250, shipping 250, and fireworks 30ish. You should be targeting festival 300, shipping 300, and fireworks 50 to get to the 8.4Q and start over and do it again.

It takes ~a day with perfect timing and festival/ship managers at 3.

jaymoney23456

A bit late. But to generate Qs, you need to work your festival, shipping, and highest factory you've been able to unlock so far up. You should generate some Qs around festival 250, shipping 250, and fireworks 30ish. You should be targeting festival 300, shipping 300, and fireworks 50 to get to the 8.4Q and start over and do it again.

It takes ~a day with perfect timing and festival/ship managers at 3.
Usually takes a little longer than a day with ship and festival at lv 4. Would be impossible to do in a day with them at lv 3 unless you are using time skips.

Darkest.Knight

Ship/festival at 4 never takes a day unless u muffed it up somehow, never a whole day. Quite often though the timing will be off and have to catch it the night. For myself, I play my miners' ship/festival at 3 and it's takes 1 day; I'll easily complete the main building.

Pericles the Lion

Usually takes a little longer than a day with ship and festival at lv 4. Would be impossible to do in a day with them at lv 3 unless you are using time skips.
With both Festival and Ship at level 3 City 1 takes about 27 hours and the other two take about 23 hours without time skips or swift shammies. All could be done a little faster if the player was willing to sacrifice a few more tasks.

jaymoney23456

With both Festival and Ship at level 3 City 1 takes about 27 hours and the other two take about 23 hours without time skips or swift shammies. All could be done a little faster if the player was willing to sacrifice a few more tasks.
That is just false and then you get more ridiculous by claiming it could be done even quicker than that. As a wise man once said: you are entitled to your own opinion not your own facts!

xivarmy

With perfect attention and the best ordering I was able to find:

4/4 takes ~17.5 hours (i used these last fellowship when i was going for gold at the start to get in extra cities for the first week and a bit)
4/3 takes ~20.5 hours
3/4 takes ~21.5 hours
3/3 takes ~23.5 hours (I've been using this and 3/2 so far this event and am sitting in silver. the only timeskips i used being in rival)
3/2 takes ~28.0 hours

But it doesn't take much to add time to each of those - whether that be missing the time when you could've made a major upgrade or missing/shortening steps to help build up a stockpile that cutoff more time later or overinvesting into building the stockpile which is just a waste of time.

Which will with a normal amount of mistakes have 3/3 drift a little later and might occasionally require a 3/4 or 4/3 to pull it back earlier. But 4/4 does not take over a day unless you're making some big mistakes.

jaymoney23456

Ship/festival at 4 never takes a day unless u muffed it up somehow, never a whole day. Quite often though the timing will be off and have to catch it the night. For myself, I play my miners' ship/festival at 3 and it's takes 1 day; I'll easily complete the main building.
Quit with all the nonsense about how quick and easy every event is. IT happens for every event where some feel the need to come on here and make up stories about how good they supposedly are at the event. It sure takes a day and a bit more most of the time to do lv 4 ship and festival and fireworks to lv 50 which is the quickest you can get it done. Getting the main building would probably not even require doing 1 city per 2 days this year. So, that is not an argument in favor of your fantasy time for supposedly completing cities.

jaymoney23456

4/4 takes ~17.5 hours (i used these last fellowship when i was going for gold at the start to get in extra cities for the first week and a bit)
4/3 takes ~20.5 hours
3/4 takes ~21.5 hours
3/3 takes ~23.5 hours (I've been using this and 3/2 so far this event and am sitting in silver. the only timeskips i used being in rival)
3/2 takes ~28.0 hours

But it doesn't take much to add time to each of those - whether that be missing the time when you could've made a major upgrade or missing/shortening steps to help build up a stockpile that cutoff more time later or overinvesting into building the stockpile which is just a waste of time.

Which will with a normal amount of mistakes have 3/3 drift a little later and might occasionally require a 3/4 or 4/3 to pull it back earlier. But 4/4 does not take over a day unless you're making some big mistakes.
More nonsense. Its takes no mistakes major or otherwise to take a bit over a day to get done with lv 4 ship and festival manager. Also, no one is or should sit there all day long and look at the thing to get timers perfectly optimal. At that point you might as well call it your job.

jaymoney23456

More nonsense. Its takes no mistakes major or otherwise to take a bit over a day to get done with lv 4 ship and festival manager. Also, no one is or should sit there all day long and look at the thing to get timers perfectly optimal. At that point you might as well call it your job.
Also, claiming that having either ship or festival at only lv 2 and then getting it done in 28 hours is a mathematical impossibility. Takes 8 hours or so to even get 8Q produced at lv 3 ship and festival after you get them both to lv 300 and the fireworks to lv 50

xivarmy

Also, claiming that having either ship or festival at only lv 2 and then getting it done in 28 hours is a mathematical impossibility. Takes 8 hours or so to even get 8Q produced at lv 3 ship and festival after you get them both to lv 300 and the fireworks to lv 50
Ship at 2 can fully supply festival at 3 with both at 300. It only slows down the steps to get the ship to the next tier, particularly 300.
I get it, you think you're perfect and noone can possibly do better than you can. But you have multiple people saying they can do 3/3 managers in about a day. and that 4/4 managers can be faster than a day. If you care (and you really don't have to), you should look into what you can improve rather than railing at the "impossibility" of it all.

I agree that people shouldn't be glued to their screen 24/7. Part of why I hate this event is the amount of screentime it asks of me. Thankfully it's not quite 24/7 - I do have multiple windows in that 23.5 hr run where it doesn't make much of a difference if you're there for hours. As long as you're there when the clock turns over and you're ready to move to the next step. But even with that, it's not abnormal to make some mistakes/compromises which is why i said it'll often drift a little later from day to day - because perfect attention is hard to manage, but ultimately all you can do when modeling for a strategy - and then accept that the extra time the run ends up taking was the cost of such things as a good night's sleep. Or having fun doing things that aren't FoE.

Darkest.Knight

Love the mouths that like to hang out, lol. This event is particularly easy, w/o hesitation I'd have to say I'm pretty quick to move along; completed 625 Q's so far and 118 into Gold League. It would be nice to be able to look at others' stats, c how the Lipinski' are performing.

4/3 takes ~20.5 hours
3/4 takes ~21.5 hours
3/2 takes ~28.0 hours

xivarmy's numbers look about right to me. If u added a 5/4 and the rushes it's less than 12h.

jaymoney23456

Ship at 2 can fully supply festival at 3 with both at 300. It only slows down the steps to get the ship to the next tier, particularly 300.

I get it, you think you're perfect and noone can possibly do better than you can. But you have multiple people saying they can do 3/3 managers in about a day. and that 4/4 managers can be faster than a day. If you care (and you really don't have to), you should look into what you can improve rather than railing at the "impossibility" of it all.

I agree that people shouldn't be glued to their screen 24/7. Part of why I hate this event is the amount of screentime it asks of me. Thankfully it's not quite 24/7 - I do have multiple windows in that 23.5 hr run where it doesn't make much of a difference if you're there for hours. As long as you're there when the clock turns over and you're ready to move to the next step. But even with that, it's not abnormal to make some mistakes/compromises which is why i said it'll often drift a little later from day to day - because perfect attention is hard to manage, but ultimately all you can do when modeling for a strategy - and then accept that the extra time the run ends up taking was the cost of such things as a good night's sleep. Or having fun doing things that aren't FoE.
Your basic math is wrong though. Even just taking what you are saying for ship and festival at lv 3 at 23.5 hours and then you say that lv 3 for one and lv 2 for the other is only 28 hours. Lv 2 is 30% slower for both festival and ship at lv 2 compared to lv 3. add 30% to 23.5 hours and you are over 30 hours. So, you can criticize me and claim I am wrong but the fact is that your math doesn't even add up.

jaymoney23456

Love the mouths that like to hang out, lol. This event is particularly easy, w/o hesitation I'd have to say I'm pretty quick to move along; completed 625 Q's so far and 118 into Gold League. It would be nice to be able to look at others' stats, c how the Lipinski' are performing.

xivarmy's numbers look about right to me. If u added a 5/4 and the rushes it's less than 12h.
Its possible to get to 625 or even higher given you can get cities done very quick if you spend enough pots of gold on them. Seems wasteful to spend so much to get that high though given that the cutoff for gold is much lower than where you are at. Not sure I would brag about doing so lol

xivarmy

Your basic math is wrong though. Even just taking what you are saying for ship and festival at lv 3 at 23.5 hours and then you say that lv 3 for one and lv 2 for the other is only 28 hours. Lv 2 is 30% slower for both festival and ship at lv 2 compared to lv 3. add 30% to 23.5 hours and you are over 30 hours. So, you can criticize me and claim I am wrong but the fact is that your math doesn't even add up.
Shipping is ~30% faster at lvl 3 than 2 yes. But shipping is not the limiting factor at 3/3. Festival is. The ship oversupplies the festival by ~33% when they're at the same level and both at manager 3. So it's still capable of keeping the festival stocked without the extra 30% once you're at 300/300 and the last step (waiting for 8.4Q) is unchanged in time (~7 hours).

What takes longer is for a lv250 (or rather 270-290) ship to ship enough goods to get to 300/300. At 3/3 the festival will roll over to 300 first and then speed up processing the excess shipped goods and get you to 300/300 faster on the strength of your natural excess shipping. At 3/2, there won't be nearly as many excess goods, and you benefit from *almost* levelling the ship to 300 before the festival (290 being "close" to optimum).

So 16.5 (time to 300/300 at 3/3) * 1.3 + 7 = ~28.5 hours. Not terribly different than the numbers I quoted (and still an oversimplification).

Pericles the Lion

That is just false and then you get more ridiculous by claiming it could be done even quicker than that. As a wise man once said: you are entitled to your own opinion not your own facts!
The attached comes from the tutorial released by @MooingCat. As you can see, it shows the times required to complete the three different cities using his recommendations (including 3/3 on Ship/Festival). Feel free to make a fool of yourself saying that his analysis is inaccurate. He's only been finetuning this spreadsheet for as long as FoE has had the SPD event and everyone that I know depends on this spreadsheet to navigate the Event.

1710099434660.png

jaymoney23456

Shipping is ~30% faster at lvl 3 than 2 yes. But shipping is not the limiting factor at 3/3. Festival is. The ship oversupplies the festival by ~33% when they're at the same level and both at manager 3. So it's still capable of keeping the festival stocked without the extra 30% once you're at 300/300 and the last step (waiting for 8.4Q) is unchanged in time (~7 hours).

What takes longer is for a lv250 (or rather 270-290) ship to ship enough goods to get to 300/300. At 3/3 the festival will roll over to 300 first and then speed up processing the excess shipped goods and get you to 300/300 faster on the strength of your natural excess shipping. At 3/2, there won't be nearly as many excess goods, and you benefit from *almost* levelling the ship to 300 before the festival (290 being "close" to optimum).

So 16.5 (time to 300/300 at 3/3) * 1.3 + 7 = ~28.5 hours. Not terribly different than the numbers I quoted (and still an oversimplification).
It is not the case that ship is 33% quicker than the festival when both managers are upgraded to the same level. Ship is somewhat faster at the same level since it caries more shamrocks than the festival collects but the festival is a bit faster at each collection than the ship is bringing the shamrocks. The ship doesn't carry something like 35-40% more shamrocks than the festival collects at lv 300 which is about what it would take for it to be 33% faster.

jaymoney23456

The attached comes from the tutorial released by @MooingCat. As you can see, it shows the times required to complete the three different cities using his recommendations (including 3/3 on Ship/Festival). Feel free to make a fool of yourself saying that his analysis is inaccurate. He's only been finetuning this spreadsheet for as long as FoE has had the SPD event and everyone that I know depends on this spreadsheet to navigate the Event.

View attachment 21303
So I see people just take this as fact when they quote 23 hours when anyone that actually plays it and is not trying to make up stories can see that this doesn't work in actual gameplay (the time to finish a city anyway). I looked at mooingcat guides before and found that they aren't even the best way to play events especially considering one has to sit there and play the event like its their job to even follow the mooingcat guide. Perhaps the guides are useful to give beginners a sense of how to play an event but it certainly isn't some sort of infallible way to play an event.

Pericles the Lion

So I see people just take this as fact when they quote 23 hours when anyone that actually plays it and is not trying to make up stories can see that this doesn't work in actual gameplay (the time to finish a city anyway). I looked at mooingcat guides before and found that they aren't even the best way to play events especially considering one has to sit there and play the event like its their job to even follow the mooingcat guide. Perhaps the guides are useful to give beginners a sense of how to play an event but it certainly isn't some sort of infallible way to play an event.
You sure like to disparage what everyone else does. Here's where my main city is right now with no diamonds being spent. If your gameplay is so good, show us how you're doing.

1710100313821.png