• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Feedback for St. Patrick's Event 2024

Sharmon the Impaler

Earlier it was claimed that taking a manager to Level 2, twice, works to satisfy the promote manager to Level 4 task. I'm going to put it to the test and I need two cities, from the start, to see if it works. I have my doubts but it's worth a shot. I'll finish 30/32 tomorrow. If this hack works I'll save some PoGs, otherwise no harm done.
I just used Rival to fly through the city , I am curious to see if it works , highly dubious at best. Inno doesn't let many freebies like that slip through the cracks.

PJS299

I accidentally pressed the two-hour time skip instead of the Time Warp. Wasted 400 pots. I didn't level any building, and contacted support. Although they were very kind (We love you @Emberguard), they could not refund the pots. Very annoying. I had a plan on what to do, and could possibly make Silver, but not anymore.

Xcynda

Does any St. Patrick's Day building offer fragments for an Apothecary of the Highlands level up kit? (so, over some time, move from level 1 to 2 and 2 to 3) This would be similar to the upgrades on the Celtic Tavern and Druid Hut.

xivarmy

Does any St. Patrick's Day building offer fragments for an Apothecary of the Highlands level up kit? (so, over some time, move from level 1 to 2 and 2 to 3) This would be similar to the upgrades on the Celtic Tavern and Druid Hut.

No. The league rewards with multiple levels (like the grape stomping festival as well), the different levels are "stuck" with whatever you won. It's a way for them to extend the effects of the gold league building to a lesser extent to lower leagues. It's looking like this will be more normal going forward (next event has bronze to gold with different levels of the fragment maker too)

Pericles the Lion

I just used Rival to fly through the city , I am curious to see if it works , highly dubious at best. Inno doesn't let many freebies like that slip through the cracks.
It may have worked on the first SPD Rival but it doesn't work now. Progress made promoting managers on a city does not carry over to the next city when trying to complete an "Upgrade Manager to level 4" task. It has to be Level 4, two times level 2 doesn't work.

Xenosaur

First time playing SPD in the 4 or 5 years it's been a fan-favorite event here in FoE, that I went "the distance" in tasks, to almost the bitter end. Yup. did 37 of 38 of them. Would never attempt that without Rival's deliverables, forming the backbone of the lift to those extreme levels.

What a thrill that was.
Taking ship and fetival managers to level 5, @ level 300 and fireworks to 50 got the game engine to crank out 10.2Q (or so) shamrocks in 2 hours. I think it was 30Q in 8 hours.

Hats was spinning so fast, it was a blurrrrrrrr.

I didn't do the last 38th SPD task, which I think was to do 300 more level upgrades - probably would have taken a few years and a lot of money - LOL...

I didn't need to finish the last 2 Rival tasks (31 and 32).

What a blast to play at the edges of the game's "space and time".

This was actually fun to strategize on the integration of my event progress towards a goal, my preparation, my setup, my tactical steps, and the Rival rewards applied at the right times.

Really a lot of fun....

Darkest.Knight

I did the festival at 5 a few times but planned it out so I never needed a 5 ship; just needed to accumulate 4Q goods ahead of time. It's quite nice to generate 1Q/15 min, takes away from the boredom just a bit, lol.

Karen Isaacsdottir

First of all, most of the new features have no explanatory 'balloons' so that you click on a thing without knowing that the actual button to click on is somewhere else in the UI, and the little 'tour' didn't cover all the changes. Quick promotion button is not grayed out when unavailable. Who designed this? Who tested it? #fail.
Second, most of the prizes are small potatoes. Fragments are disappointing, 3 FP - small potatoes. Stop acting like it costs money out of your own pocket to give players little prizes of value - seems stingy when events should delight, not disappoint.
Third, Rival was poorly implemented this time; it's been done better in other events, and even l'il ol' me knows how to copy and paste code. Who tested this?

INNO needs to up its game, literally and figuratively.

Xcynda

Perhaps mentioned in earlier comments, but something nice/helpful I noticed is that the time skips seem to affect any/all productions happening at the moment -- so both shamrocks and, in my case, fireworks -- moving both productions by X hours.

xivarmy

Perhaps mentioned in earlier comments, but something nice/helpful I noticed is that the time skips seem to affect any/all productions happening at the moment -- so both shamrocks and, in my case, fireworks -- moving both productions by X hours.
Kindof. The time skip is not really a time skip. So your fireworks don't actually produce 2 hours of fireworks.

But you do get credit for 2 hours of fireworks for your task (though some people suggested earlier it might not really give you the full 2 hours even, but it does give you "some" credit).

But if for instance those fireworks were supposed to be building you a stockpile to be transported in a later step over those 2 hours, they won't with "time skip".