• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Feedback for the Guild Battlegrounds: Optimization of the starting time

Kranyar the Mysterious

@LeCron You might want to preemptively stop the "wait for 10 minutes to start GBG to get a better matchup" rumors that I can see popping up like they used to for GE by making it clear that all matchups are determined at the same time and not when you start. Then at least we'll have an official post to point to when they do! :D

Xenosaur

@LeCron You might want to preemptively stop the "wait for 10 minutes to start GBG to get a better matchup" rumors that I can see popping up like they used to for GE by making it clear that all matchups are determined at the same time and not when you start. Then at least we'll have an official post to point to when they do! :D

that hilarious viral rumor - so many people believe (and swear that it works!!!....) that if you wait in GE, and do not start GE while the cup is grey, you get a better match up. It's so potent that some guild founders boot players that violate the "DO NOT START GE until the queen says so...." rule in the guild.

Emberguard

Ranger37

that hilarious viral rumor - so many people believe (and swear that it works!!!....) that if you wait in GE, and do not start GE while the cup is grey, you get a better match up. It's so potent that some guild founders boot players that violate the "DO NOT START GE until the queen says so...." rule in the guild.
:D:D:D:p:D:D:D

Xenosaur

It really is so funny to hear some of the fantasies passed off as the one and only real information.

.... and there is no way to convince people with a technical discussion of what's really happening and why. They don't believe it. Speaking to the technical underpinnings of what occurs when you're computing the matches of GE competitive pairing "equality" from a huge database of guilds across all worlds - makes people's eyes glaze over.

They'd rather believe the folklore that they've uncovered a secret FoE "Easter egg" in the game: By waiting - you do better!

And of course there's always the - you better do what the Queen Founder believes, and says to do - or be shot @ dawn! LOL...

Last edited:
it doesn't matter to me when the start time is, but I sure wish the guild size ( member number) could be matched up closer like they are in GE. so many times a very small guild of less than 5 members is thrown in with guilds of 60, 70, 80 members

Dominator - X

For some reason, this "announcement" just showed up for my viewing. It must be from about 2020. Since about that time, I have never been able to get in right at the start of GBG. That delay has been around for a long time. I have been clicking the Battlegrounds portal at 8:00 AM on the nose only to get a message that I will have to wait. After numerous clicks on and off, it will finally let me in. Many times, a good minute past the advertised starting time. So, I don't know how they claim this is new.

Johnny B. Goode

For some reason, this "announcement" just showed up for my viewing. It must be from about 2020. Since about that time, I have never been able to get in right at the start of GBG. That delay has been around for a long time. I have been clicking the Battlegrounds portal at 8:00 AM on the nose only to get a message that I will have to wait. After numerous clicks on and off, it will finally let me in. Many times, a good minute past the advertised starting time. So, I don't know how they claim this is new.
One minute past the starting time? Did you even read the announcement (which, by the way, was only posted last Wednesday)? The delay is up to 10 minutes with this new change. And whether your start is delayed with this change or not, all guilds on your map will be delayed the exact same amount of time, so there's no advantage/disadvantage as a result of this change.

Dominator - X

One minute past the starting time? Did you even read the announcement (which, by the way, was only posted last Wednesday)? The delay is up to 10 minutes with this new change. And whether your start is delayed with this change or not, all guilds on your map will be delayed the exact same amount of time, so there's no advantage/disadvantage as a result of this change.
I think the person who failed to read something was you, not reading my comment. It's still posted above if you need it for comprehension.

Johnny B. Goode

I think the person who failed to read something was you, not reading my comment. It's still posted above if you need it for comprehension.
Oh, I read it. You claimed that the announcement was from three years ago, when it was clearly last week. You claim to be "up to a minute" late getting in to GBG (probably because you're clicking so fast it's locking you out each time) when the announcement again clearly states that the wait would be up to 10 minutes. Maybe if you waited until 8:00:10 instead of trying to get in at the exact time it goes live, you'd have more luck. If you haven't figured it out by now, lag is common when features start. That's the reason for the change! Try reading the announcement. They clearly state that the reason they're adjusting the starting times is to fix the lag you've been experiencing. But instead of being grateful, you decide to take this opportunity to whine about the lag you've experienced.

Dominator - X

Oh, I read it. You claimed that the announcement was from three years ago, when it was clearly last week. You claim to be "up to a minute" late getting in to GBG (probably because you're clicking so fast it's locking you out each time) when the announcement again clearly states that the wait would be up to 10 minutes. Maybe if you waited until 8:00:10 instead of trying to get in at the exact time it goes live, you'd have more luck. If you haven't figured it out by now, lag is common when features start. That's the reason for the change! Try reading the announcement. They clearly state that the reason they're adjusting the starting times is to fix the lag you've been experiencing. But instead of being grateful, you decide to take this opportunity to whine about the lag you've experienced.
Oy Vey! You really should change your game name (again) to "Incorrigible".
Your takeaway from my original comment is not even close to its intent nor reality.

Pericles the Lion

GBG started on time in one world. +2.5 minutes in another. Both D1K. No serious lag on either battlefield. All things considered, I prefer this approach.

RedR0ck

The delay is still there Inno. It takes 1-2 sec between clicks in some cases it takes even more. It doesn't look anything has changed (?)

RedR0ck

Every Thursday at 8 am there is awful delay between the fights. It takes at least 5 seconds (!) per one fight. Inno do you think this is normal? When are you planning to fix this?
This is not just a few cases. People have been complaining about this for months! and you still can't do anything.

Last edited: