• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Feedback for the Guild Battlegrounds Update 2023

Jennie2019

If you’re at 975 or 950, you’re still in Diamond….so if you can white out the map and hold it, you’d have maximum VP and win your map. Then you move up to 1000 next season. Does this mean you’d keep all the VP you earned in the 1st season and could be at the top of the ranking (since the announcement says ranking is based on your current LP)?

xivarmy

If you’re at 975 or 950, you’re still in Diamond….so if you can white out the map and hold it, you’d have maximum VP and win your map. Then you move up to 1000 next season. Does this mean you’d keep all the VP you earned in the 1st season and could be at the top of the ranking (since the announcement says ranking is based on your current LP)?
It does for that season I believe. But you'll have to do it again in 1000 to stay there, because victories come before VP. And noone gets a "won championship" before 6 seasons are up.

xivarmy

So far I'm liking the feel of it.

My guilds are in platinum this round so can't really judge the changes as they matter in diamond.

But it's felt much lower friction getting out the gate. I didn't build the HQ building since platinum rounds are seldom fought next to HQ. But after taking the first sector, it was nice having different options to build your "camps" if some ages aren't as well stocked as others. Also nice that 2 building slots is enough to get a credible attrition reduction.

Of course the most important variable in the long run is how everybody reacts moreso than the theory of the changes. And that'll take some months to shake out. But so far I'm optimistic that it'll lead to a healthier state of the game.

Jennie2019

It does for that season I believe. But you'll have to do it again in 1000 to stay there, because victories come before VP. And noone gets a "won championship" before 6 seasons are up.
True. But if you did it a couple of times in a championship season, it would give you several wins, maybe even 3 If you manage it well.

xivarmy

True. But if you did it a couple of times in a championship season, it would give you several wins, maybe even 3 If you manage it well.
Yes, and that was a criticism of the system on beta at first at least. That for a guild that wasn't the best, 5th or 6th in 1000 to move to lower diamond, then win in lower diamond to get another 1st might be better than consistently finishing in 2nd/3rd.

Since then they added in some amounts of fragments for the 2nd and 3rd place guild - so I'm not sure how tight the math is atm and whether this metagame possibility is worth worrying about. Among the cases for it not being a huge worry is that if it is somewhat appealing and more than 1 guild is trying it suddenly those low diamond rounds could get fierce - thus removing the "easy 1st" anyways.

Regardless at the very least this is no recipe to wind up 1st in the standings later in the championship - which will require taking 1st almost every week. But it might be a recipe for a guild that isn't going to be 1st in 1000 but could potentially earn a lvl 1 of the tower doing regular rounds in low diamond.

Jennie2019

Yes, and that was a criticism of the system on beta at first at least. That for a guild that wasn't the best, 5th or 6th in 1000 to move to lower diamond, then win in lower diamond to get another 1st might be better than consistently finishing in 2nd/3rd.

Since then they added in some amounts of fragments for the 2nd and 3rd place guild - so I'm not sure how tight the math is atm and whether this metagame possibility is worth worrying about. Among the cases for it not being a huge worry is that if it is somewhat appealing and more than 1 guild is trying it suddenly those low diamond rounds could get fierce - thus removing the "easy 1st" anyways.

Regardless at the very least this is no recipe to wind up 1st in the standings later in the championship - which will require taking 1st almost every week. But it might be a recipe for a guild that isn't going to be 1st in 1000 but could potentially earn a lvl 1 of the tower doing regular rounds in low diamond.
Thanks for the analysis. I think it will take a few championships to answer all the questions.

GeniePower

The indicator for the amount of attrition reduction a tile has only shows up when that tile is open, which completely defeats the purpose of planning. This banner should be shown on locked tiles also.

xivarmy

Out of 449 battles and 29 negotiations, I did not get rewarded ANY diamonds. Totally ridiculous when I paid 625 diamonds to fast build for my guild.i think that some diamond rewards should be given. Very disappointed.
The chance for diamonds is lower than before but the amount is higher.

Someone on beta forum with rather large season-long samples pointed towards the diamonds per encounter being approximately about the same as before.

So bad luck on your part, but they're still available.

BigQd

I'm not liking this update as much as I thought I would. I have a feeling that it's going to kill gbg. Kill gbg and kill FOE. Without gbg, FOE isn't even worth playing. It's nothing but farmville with a different look. INNO got too greedy and screwed the pooch on this one. IMO

I can tell by looking at the scores in my world that one guild has no competition and is just holding all the tiles racking up the points. We're fighting for 2nd on our map, but the goods are going so fast, we probably won't be very competitive for much longer. The 4th and 5th place guilds appear to be on the same map and just swapping tiles, because their scores are pretty close. I estimate that the #1 guild that's just holding tiles will have over 1.5 million point lead over everyone by the end of this first season. The points difference between the top guild and 10th is already 8 times as great and will probably be 10 times by morning and about 1000 times by the end of this first season.

Epic Fail INNO

Last edited:
The chance for diamonds is lower than before but the amount is higher.

Someone on beta forum with rather large season-long samples pointed towards the diamonds per encounter being approximately about the same as before.

So bad luck on your part, but they're still available.
I know they are still available but the % is lower. At least for me.

Angry.Blanket

Three big guilds on my main, 2 are on the same map and 1 got small guilds that cant take the map back from them, so guess which one is ahead in the championship?

Sharmon the Impaler

I'm not liking this update as much as I thought I would. I have a feeling that it's going to kill gbg. Kill gbg and kill FOE. Without gbg, FOE isn't even worth playing. It's nothing but farmville with a different look. INNO got too greedy and screwed the pooch on this one. IMO

I can tell by looking at the scores in my world that one guild has no competition and is just holding all the tiles racking up the points. We're fighting for 2nd on our map, but the goods are going so fast, we probably won't be very competitive for much longer. The 4th and 5th place guilds appear to be on the same map and just swapping tiles, because their scores are pretty close. I estimate that the #1 guild that's just holding tiles will have over 1.5 million point lead over everyone by the end of this first season. The points difference between the top guild and 10th is already 8 times as great and will probably be 10 times by morning and about 1000 times by the end of this first season.

Epic Fail INNO
It's happening on most maps , see my comment #155 for the exact same thing. Inno is close to ruining GBG , many guilds are just not bothering now and leaving the maps monochrome.

Xeno War Princess

Staying with the same guilds in battlegrounds for 6 seasons will be devastating if teamed with aggressive guilds who take up the whole map. I do not see how something like this solves any issue.
Agreed. The new updates are OK. But I really won’t get to experience it if my guild is stuck with 2 very aggressive guilds fighting for first for 6 weeks. I just hope my guildies won’t quit on me.

xivarmy

Agreed. The new updates are OK. But I really won’t get to experience it if my guild is stuck with 2 very aggressive guilds fighting for first for 6 weeks. I just hope my guildies won’t quit on me.
You are not with the same guilds for all 6 seasons of the championship. Matchmaking has not changed (for better or for worse).

The championship is just kinda something like a league table where individual GBGs are like games. You'll get new games and at least some of the opponents will be different.