• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Feedback for the Guild Battlegrounds Update 2023

Emberguard

I think the 5% participation in GvG is more likely caused by it being PC-only.

(Shout-out to my #1 fan. LOL. I am glad you are enjoying.)

Yeah. In 2021 there were 33% players on PC according to the InnoGames website (that info isn't currently on there). So no more than 15% of PC users could have been using GvG back in 2021. While in 2019 Guild Expedition was said to be "10 times more" (so 50% usage?) on the announcement that gave the 5% figure.

Angry.Blanket

There is another factor as well, Player activity is highly over reported in this game. A player only has to log in once per month to be considered active by most. Looking at the player ranking board a very large percentage of players still have only 252 ranking points. Talking to a player once , he told me he logged into the game once a week and considered himself to be VERY active.

Amitola1

There is another factor as well, Player activity is highly over reported in this game. A player only has to log in once per month to be considered active by most. Looking at the player ranking board a very large percentage of players still have only 252 ranking points. Talking to a player once , he told me he logged into the game once a week and considered himself to be VERY active.
That makes sense. We consider a member inactive when they turn red but in both my worlds we give them another week before we remove them. I don't know what INNO considers active though.

Be Chuille

Not a fan. :p
Not you LOL. I was talking to a not-nice person actually. And it is no one in this thread, unless he has another name - which is likely, since he has dozens of alt accounts on H and Inno does nothing about it.

It was sarcasm. He seems to be obsessed with reading my posts, so figured I would say hi.

Johnny B. Goode

Not by a long shot. At about the same time the 5% number was shared by Inno, they also said that 70% of players were on mobile. That means 30% were on PC. Which means that 5 out of 6 PC players were not participating in GvG. (5% being 1/6 of 30% that were on PC.) So being PC only is definitely not the reason for the low participation numbers. Not the lack of rewards, either, because if I remember right those numbers were posted well before GBG was even introduced. The fact that a few powerful guilds controlled most GvG maps is probably the most likely reason. Nobody likes banging their head against a brick wall. (Yeah, yeah. Build up your guild. Blah, blah, blah.)

Orius Maximus

I think it all contributes really, the lack of mobile and the emergent gameplay that makes GvG unfun for anyone except the diehards. Most of the action takes place within an hour or two of recalc. Then because a guild can only get on the map at specific spots, guilds can lock those down and then control other parts of the map safely. Guilds are supposed to take losses on certain sectors, usually along rivers and mountains but that part of GvG is bugged, never worked right and likely will never be fixed so that screws up the balance. Doesn't matter how much you and your guild is built up if you keep running into a wall.

Then, unless you're a trusted guild member, you can't actively attack anywhere, you can only attack where guild leaders have a siege set up. If guild leaders are done for the day, you're SOL with nothing to do. GbG always has opportunities. Guild leaders can direct where they want players to go, and the attentive ones follow.

If anything, these changes to GbG are looking to be a net improvement because guilds had managed to learn how to wall off the competition there too. Now it's harder to pin guilds down and safely hold onto the middle. So far, my guild has increased GbG activity a little since the change.

Last edited:

Emberguard

Guilds are supposed to take losses on certain sectors, usually along rivers and mountains but that part of GvG is bugged, never worked right and likely will never be fixed so that screws up the balance. Doesn't matter how much you and your guild is built up if you keep running into a wall.
Would definitely be more balanced in GvG if you couldn't grey out the beach sectors

Orius Maximus

Probably. Last time I played GvG, there were guilds that controlled a third to half the map in some ages, and that would all be territory on the other side of the map from the beaches. IIRC, some of those sectors on the edges of the map were supposed to be taking something like 10% damage a day automatically (supposedly something like bandits hitting your sectors and causing losses). But like I said, that never worked right, so those guilds can hold on to that stuff as long as they can keep other guilds at bay. And when all the guilds at recalc would be fighting on the beaches, it could lock down the map for the rest the day. It wasn't always a complete blowout and some ages would be less active and have opportunities after the recalc rush was over, but not anywhere near as open as GbG is.

Lafawnduh

Probably. Last time I played GvG, there were guilds that controlled a third to half the map in some ages, and that would all be territory on the other side of the map from the beaches. IIRC, some of those sectors on the edges of the map were supposed to be taking something like 10% damage a day automatically (supposedly something like bandits hitting your sectors and causing losses). But like I said, that never worked right, so those guilds can hold on to that stuff as long as they can keep other guilds at bay. And when all the guilds at recalc would be fighting on the beaches, it could lock down the map for the rest the day. It wasn't always a complete blowout and some ages would be less active and have opportunities after the recalc rush was over, but not anywhere near as open as GbG is.
As for the AA map in GVG - several cities it's literally completely locked down by 2 guilds. Some actually have the skill to hold it in the fashion as it was intended (having numbers to finish the tiles) but at least 2 of them have "not allowed" programs that are point and walk away so they can use those same illegal software thinggies on the other maps. So many have quit because of that blatant use (which has been proven to mods, nothing done) in GVG and now it's happening in GBG. it's hard to find a balance where the game is fun without the frustration of bullies in groups or individually. With this iteration of GBG folks are dropping again like flies.

Just An Observer

As for the AA map in GVG - several cities it's literally completely locked down by 2 guilds. Some actually have the skill to hold it in the fashion as it was intended (having numbers to finish the tiles) but at least 2 of them have "not allowed" programs that are point and walk away so they can use those same illegal software thinggies on the other maps. So many have quit because of that blatant use (which has been proven to mods, nothing done) in GVG and now it's happening in GBG. it's hard to find a balance where the game is fun without the frustration of bullies in groups or individually. With this iteration of GBG folks are dropping again like flies.
In the meantime there is a thread in the Beta forum where a player using FoE Helper had their account suspended...WTF? Leave the real cheaters alone and go after an honest player? Makes no sense to me.

Amitola1

The goal isn't to get fights, it is to win. You win by owning the most land for the longest time.
Why do you insist on "trying to impose" your idea of what the goal is on other guilds. If that's your goal then so be it but DO NOT try to tell me what my goal(s) should be. You make it sound like "WIN AT ANY COST" even if it means "cheating" which has been addressed in this thread already. Do you also aspire to the philosophy that "you haven't broken any law if you haven't gotten caught"? I don't know if you cheat or not but it sounds like you wouldn't have a problem if others did to WIN since the goal, according to you, is to win and no other goal matters. I've lost count of the number of times you have made the "the goal is to win" statement. The goal of this game is to "HAVE FUN" PERIOD. If winning at all costs is your way of having fun then great. So please stop trying to convince all of us that winning is the only goal and way to have fun. That is YOUR idea of fun that is not, based on other responses" everyone's idea of fun.

honey55

Im sure you can make your goal anything you want. However, it is a championship, so i would assume that the games goal would be to win. You still could chose just to farm. Seems now there is the goal to win the season but also the goal to win the championship. If i understand it correctly i really only care about winning the season. It appears winning the championship means you have the highest ranking. I've never cared about my own ranking or my guilds ranking. I think it only gives you bragging rights and i think it costs tons if goods and diamonds. Am i missing some thing? Is there a reason to care? I may be wrong, but i think we would easily win the season without trying to take all the open sectors and building and diming. But if we want to actually win the championship, we need to take all we can. Surely, im not understanding some thing.

Angry.Blanket

Why do you insist on "trying to impose" your idea of what the goal is on other guilds. If that's your goal then so be it but DO NOT try to tell me what my goal(s) should be. You make it sound like "WIN AT ANY COST" even if it means "cheating" which has been addressed in this thread already. Do you also aspire to the philosophy that "you haven't broken any law if you haven't gotten caught"? I don't know if you cheat or not but it sounds like you wouldn't have a problem if others did to WIN since the goal, according to you, is to win and no other goal matters. I've lost count of the number of times you have made the "the goal is to win" statement. The goal of this game is to "HAVE FUN" PERIOD. If winning at all costs is your way of having fun then great. So please stop trying to convince all of us that winning is the only goal and way to have fun. That is YOUR idea of fun that is not, based on other responses" everyone's idea of fun.
The same exact reason you keep trying to impose your idea of what the goal is.
Then what is the goal, is it the pure greed of getting free rewards? Surely not! The goal of GbG is to win, Your goal for GbG is to get free rewards , therefore there is a conflict, remember every one can play the game the way they want. You have no right to tell someone else to quit trying to win. Please note the GbG leader board , Please note the GbG Championship.