• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Feedback for the Guild Battlegrounds Update 2023

honey55

Anyone who thinks this new GbG is a good idea is nuts! Having to win 5 out of 6 GbG maps leads to guilds that were friends fighting each other and ruins all the fun of GbG!!!!!!
Nothing but a money grap from Inno-hope it is worth it to make many get sick of GbG and the game itself. Players will end up quitting over this -many are already upset at the many changes made lately!!
Im not saying that i agree with all the changes. However, it was a greed fest before. Players that could be on all day, took most the fights in a guild and competed many times against guild members to get the most fights, using guild goods. So I'm not sure inno doing a money grab is any worse than players doing a fight grab so they can get tons of rewards. Personally i was pretty tired of gbg before the changes, always one or 2 on most guilds who are really fast taking most the fights even when not in a race. The guild I'm in hasn't complained. They have risen to the challenge. They help get treasury gbs up and raised. They make contests many enjoy competing in. We are up against 2 other top guilds this time so have had many races. Some we win, some we lose but our leaders just keep making plans no matter how were doing. It has challenged many players to beat their attrition this season because of the races. I beat mine today. I prefer this new gbg myself

Eadyth

Anyone who thinks this new GbG is a good idea is nuts! Having to win 5 out of 6 GbG maps leads to guilds that were friends fighting each other and ruins all the fun of GbG!!!!!!
Nothing but a money grap from Inno-hope it is worth it to make many get sick of GbG and the game itself. Players will end up quitting over this -many are already upset at the many changes made lately!!
Yes my biggest objection to the new GBG is how the process for acquire ToC affects the social aspect of the game. It hurts relationships. It would be easy enough for them to alter this.

Pericles the Lion

Yes my biggest objection to the new GBG is how the process for acquire ToC affects the social aspect of the game. It hurts relationships. It would be easy enough for them to alter this.
It's "Guild Battlegrounds". It was not intended to be a community swap meet. The intra-guild "social aspect" of the game is a result of Guilds taking advantage of the zero attrition exploit. Personally, I like the new GBG. My fight count is down by about 60% but the activity is much more enjoyable. Who really liked setting alarms for swaps every 4 hours and then only mindlessly clicking on auto-battle? The adrenaline rush from a closely won sector race is a blast.

Lothar123

On my current (high Diamond) map, it looks like 5 of the 8 guilds are competing to place low in the hopes of an easier group of competitors next time. It seems silly that more than half the guilds on the map are trying to do badly because they've concluded that doing so is their best path to success over the course of the championship.

Eadyth

It's "Guild Battlegrounds". It was not intended to be a community swap meet. The intra-guild "social aspect" of the game is a result of Guilds taking advantage of the zero attrition exploit. Personally, I like the new GBG. My fight count is down by about 60% but the activity is much more enjoyable. Who really liked setting alarms for swaps every 4 hours and then only mindlessly clicking on auto-battle? The adrenaline rush from a closely won sector race is a blast.
The name of the game is Forge of Empires, not GBG. It's a complex game of which social interaction has always been a part. GBG didn't even exist when I started playing. The revision to GBG has seriously damaged the social part of FOE.

There are things that I do like about the new GBG. I'm happy with the attrition cap. I hated farming every 4 hours in the past -- though that isn't totally gone.

I am not happy with the exclusive prize that must be won is a short period of time and thus making guilds care so much about acquiring #1 all the time and makes members no longer likely to visit a variety of guilds.

Eadyth

On my current (high Diamond) map, it looks like 5 of the 8 guilds are competing to place low in the hopes of an easier group of competitors next time. It seems silly that more than half the guilds on the map are trying to do badly because they've concluded that doing so is their best path to success over the course of the championship.
I don't consider this trying to do badly. I consider it to be strategy, doing less well for awhile so that overall you can do better later. Its not an easy strategy though. We need to win GBG 3x in a season and can only possibly do that in low diamond. Getting back into low diamond without falling into Platinum can be very hard. Getting back into low diamond if you play at all in high diamond can also be hard. So, I think if someone actually succeeds at this method, that its admirable. It appears we will not succeed at it this championship, but it's been an interesting learning process to try.

Angry.Blanket

The name of the game is Forge of Empires, not GBG. It's a complex game of which social interaction has always been a part. GBG didn't even exist when I started playing. The revision to GBG has seriously damaged the social part of FOE.

There are things that I do like about the new GBG. I'm happy with the attrition cap. I hated farming every 4 hours in the past -- though that isn't totally gone.

I am not happy with the exclusive prize that must be won is a short period of time and thus making guilds care so much about acquiring #1 all the time and makes members no longer likely to visit a variety of guilds.
An empire is a political unit made up of several territories and peoples, "usually created by conquest,
1 City is not an Empire.

Sharmon the Impaler

It stopped guilds from swapping back and forth 5-6 times per day locking everyone else out. The fight grab is a very real thing with 1-4 players having 1000s of more fights than everyone else in a guild , mostly 0 attrition sectors so it was bottomless. I had 17,651 fights in one season and the next highest was 7K last year. Doesn't really look fair to me even if I was the one cleaning up.

Eadyth

An empire is a political unit made up of several territories and peoples, "usually created by conquest,
1 City is not an Empire.
Huh? I'm not talking about 1 city. I'm not talking about the interelationship between people and between guilds. I'm not talking about your city or mine.. And an empire is made up of people, relationships, resources, systems .... Even conquest doesn't happen without these things.

Angry.Blanket

Huh? I'm not talking about 1 city. I'm not talking about the interelationship between people and between guilds. I'm not talking about your city or mine.. And an empire is made up of people, relationships, resources, systems .... Even conquest doesn't happen without these things.
But it doesn't happen without conquest. There must be battle. There must be enemies. You have to fight. The other guilds are the enemy.

Sharmon the Impaler

But it doesn't happen without conquest. There must be battle. There must be enemies. You have to fight. The other guilds are the enemy.
Two people on equal footing and station combine their resources using their combined strangth , get a third in the mix. This continues until they get some that don't like their plans so the burgeoning group attacks them and takes their resources and assimilates them into the group. (<<<< EMPIRE)

Eadyth

Since when does 1 guild an empire make? Why do we all have to be enemies? And it doesn't happen without people, relationships, resources .... I'm not saying don't have fighting in the game. I'm saying don't treat the other stuff like its unimportant.

Angry.Blanket

Since when does 1 guild an empire make? Why do we all have to be enemies? And it doesn't happen without people, relationships, resources .... I'm not saying don't have fighting in the game. I'm saying don't treat the other stuff like its unimportant.
You mean like a gold star for everyone, no matter how little they do.
The " people, relationships, resources " in your guild is used to beat other guilds,
What other use is there for all the " people, relationships, resources "? Just to get more free stuff ?

Sharmon the Impaler

60 - 80 cities combined under one identity sounds like an empire to me.

Pericles the Lion

That is what they use all of the alts account for. :) Use up attrition in one account after another.
The script has screen shots showing the settings for cheating in GBG. They can even set the delay, so it looks like they are hitting slower or at different speeds to avoid detection.
You seem to know a lot about it so I'll take you word for it. But the question remains. Why spend money on a bot subscription when all it will do is get a player to max attrition faster without increasing the number of battles they do. There is no return on the investment.

Angry.Blanket

It’s called “integrity.”
Where is the integrity in accusing players of cheating with out proof and accusing Inno of doing nothing about it with out proof ?
I have been accused of cheating, even though I am not,
I know of players that have been banned for cheating that were not cheating., and I know of players that were banned that were cheating, which proves to me that Inno is trying to do something about it.
I believe if you download the offending " bot" and use it will learn quickly that Inno is doing something about it. If they don't then you can post proof that they dont care and are not doing anything about it.

PJS299

Where is the integrity in accusing players of cheating with out proof and accusing Inno of doing nothing about it with out proof ?
I have been accused of cheating, even though I am not,
I know of players that have been banned for cheating that were not cheating., and I know of players that were banned that were cheating, which proves to me that Inno is trying to do something about it.
I believe if you download the offending " bot" and use it will learn quickly that Inno is doing something about it. If they don't then you can post proof that they dont care and are not doing anything about it.
If botting is cheating, and I don't like people botting, then why would I bot myself?