• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Feedback for the Guild Battlegrounds Update 2023

Amitola1

I don't consider this trying to do badly. I consider it to be strategy, doing less well for awhile so that overall you can do better later. Its not an easy strategy though. We need to win GBG 3x in a season and can only possibly do that in low diamond. Getting back into low diamond without falling into Platinum can be very hard. Getting back into low diamond if you play at all in high diamond can also be hard. So, I think if someone actually succeeds at this method, that its admirable. It appears we will not succeed at it this championship, but it's been an interesting learning process to try.
It is also a good strategy for guilds to avoid being promoted to Diamond or being demoted to Gold. It is probably easier to do this in Platinum though but it does give a certain amount of satisfaction to pull it off. I am speaking from experience.
Two people on equal footing and station combine their resources using their combined strangth , get a third in the mix. This continues until they get some that don't like their plans so the burgeoning group attacks them and takes their resources and assimilates them into the group. (<<<< EMPIRE)
An empire is in fact made up of all that @BlueAjah said but those are not solely the elements of one nation. It is the combined resources of the conquering nation imposing their will on the conquered nations.
Well since you are certain Inno doesnt care and wont do anything it should be ok for you to do the same thing.
It is never a OK to CHEAT. Bots, scripts and alts have been very poorly looked on in every "free to pay" game I have played. The difference here is INNO's lack of actually doing something about it. Cheating is cheating and there is 0 (zero, nada, nicht) honor or glory in it.

BTW. I have no proof of this and even if I did and submitted a ticket I found out the hard way that you don't discuss tickets in forums by way of a warning from the MOD. In addition to that the reply I got from my ticket was that they would not disclose any information about their investigation or any action. So asking someone for any proof would put that player in a very vulnerable position.

Last edited:

Angry.Blanket

The end does not justify the means period. You are wanting this player to violate their own principles just to prove something and then run the risk of being banned just so you can have proof.
No, I am saying they are wrong, flat out wrong,
Inno does do something about it, and if they want proof they can try it themselves and find out. If they are right then they stand no chance of getting banned.

Amitola1

No, I am saying they are wrong, flat out wrong,
Inno does do something about it, and if they want proof they can try it themselves and find out. If they are right then they stand no chance of getting banned.
I will take your word they are wrong. I will also take your word that you don't cheat also without proof. I do disagree that the player would be taking a risk of being banned because INNO could be selective in who they ban or don't ban for the same offense. So as it stands there is no real way of proving it either way.

Be Chuille

To prove that Inno doesn't do anything about it rather than just Accuse without any proof.
Inno says that they are trying to do something about the bots. The fact that they have not stopped them shows that either the programmers don't know how, and they need new programmers, or one or more devs are the one creating and making money from the bots.
Hopefully Inno does something about whichever it is. I have faith that someone in Inno wants to stop them. They just need to try harder.

Last edited:

Amitola1

I have been accused of cheating, even though I am not,
I know of players that have been banned for cheating that were not cheating., and I know of players that were banned that were cheating, which proves to me that Inno is trying to do something about it.
Again I will take your word on this.
Inno says that they are trying to do something about the bots. The fact that they have not stopped them shows that either the programmers don't know how, and they need new programmers, or one or more devs are the one creating and making money from the bots.
Hopefully Inno does something about whichever it is. I have faith that someone in Inno wants to stop them. They just need to try harder.
It is not as easy as you might think to actually do something about it and it is both time consuming and expensive to do it. As @The Angry Blanket he has known players for cheating some of whom were and other that weren't. I have personally seen a player who had donated to either another players GB or mine that was suddenly shown as "deleted". That only proves that they left the game but not whether they were banned or just decided to quit playing the game or decided to quit playing that world and continue on another world. Bottom line is as I already said INNO will not allow any of us to post that information here. I did that and was warned not to again and my post was deleted. That's just the reality of it.

Last edited:

Amitola1

I do appreciate the fact that many players and guilds do not like the changes to GBG and also some that do. I am a member of the latter group. I have found it useful to accomplish the goals I set for GBG which is to do all I can to avoid Diamond. INNO has made one obvious change for this season. When you pull up the building selection screen they have dropped the buildings they kept to the bottom of the list. I find that refreshing in that now instead being presented with two buildings that many players and guilds disliked with a passion. traps and decoys, you instead now find the new buildings that you can use to accomplish your goals. That is a simple change but at least PROOF that INNO is looking at making changes. If you are a GBG officer or above you don't have to take my word for it. You will see it every time you look for a building to either build or change.

Sharmon the Impaler

It can't be, by your own definition, you have to have conquered them, not invited them to join you. Did you go to each of your guild members and beat them into joining you? Seriously?
Do you have difficulty differentiating a game from reality ? In the real world, 80 cities working under one set of rules decided by a group of leaders that every city agrees to follow is an empire and in the real world would involve revolts and wars. Humans are the most violent and self destructive species to ever inhabit our beautiful planet that they completely do not deserve to have.

WillyTwoShoes

But it doesn't happen without conquest. There must be battle. There must be enemies. You have to fight. The other guilds are the enemy.
Here I have to take exception. Putting aside the Inno/foe team as our common enemy there are obviously alliances, friendships, working partnerships. I do get the gist of where you were heading there (I think) but there are partnerships, alliances, etcetera in that equation also. If I may, there is a certain amount of diplomacy you may be overlooking.

Then again maybe I'm just reading to much into your response. :(

Sharmon the Impaler

Here I have to take exception. Putting aside the Inno/foe team as our common enemy there are obviously alliances, friendships, working partnerships. I do get the gist of where you were heading there (I think) but there are partnerships, alliances, etcetera in that equation also. If I may, there is a certain amount of diplomacy you may be overlooking.

Then again maybe I'm just reading to much into your response. :(
This is a game , empires in real life will always eventually involve conflict. Humans are a very violent species and enjoy killing each other. The polite term for war before the Internet was called colonization.

WillyTwoShoes

You mean like a gold star for everyone, no matter how little they do.
The " people, relationships, resources " in your guild is used to beat other guilds,
What other use is there for all the " people, relationships, resources "? Just to get more free stuff ?
I don't want a gold star, at least not for GBG, that would probably cost me a couple hundred diamonds, have to be motivated, and come with a 14 day expiration. But you have to be aware that the GBG players are not as numerous as the passionate responders in this thread make it seem? There are really an awful lot of foe players that don't play GBG at all.

Eadyth

Do you have difficulty differentiating a game from reality ? In the real world, 80 cities working under one set of rules decided by a group of leaders that every city agrees to follow is an empire and in the real world would involve revolts and wars. Humans are the most violent and self destructive species to ever inhabit our beautiful planet that they completely do not deserve to have.
Fine, I don't care, call a guild an empire. Its not important to what I am saying. The game always had a social aspect to it as well as multiple other aspects. This has never been a fighting only game. It has always had a social aspect to it, just like empires. Inno's change to GBG such has affected the social aspect of the game in a negative way. I was hearing arguments that dismiss the importance of it. But its about "Battles" and "Empires" I am hearing. And I am saying that it's about more than fighting, that it always has been. When those other things about the game get damaged it is perfectly reasonable for people to protest. And I'm really tired of people trying to silence me just because they personally do not care about some aspect of the game that I do care about.

WillyTwoShoes

I do appreciate the fact that many players and guilds do not like the changes to GBG and also some that do. I am a member of the latter group. I have found it useful to accomplish the goals I set for GBG which is to do all I can to avoid Diamond. INNO has made one obvious change for this season. When you pull up the building selection screen they have dropped the buildings they kept to the bottom of the list. I find that refreshing in that now instead being presented with two buildings that many players and guilds disliked with a passion. traps and decoys, you instead now find the new buildings that you can use to accomplish your goals. That is a simple change but at least PROOF that INNO is looking at making changes. If you are a GBG officer or above you don't have to take my word for it. You will see it every time you look for a building to either build or change.
I noticed that myself. However I have a different take on it. I think its more like a grocery store owner who fronts their shelves. If your not familiar with the term "fronting the shelves" means moving the items your trying to sell out front in a prominent position so its the first thing the "customer" sees.