• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Feedback for the Halloween Event 2023

xivarmy

I saw it called out in beta to fix, but they never did - go figure.
View attachment 20894
Workshop buildings? I know these are production buildings but why the change in syntax? Pretty sure there was a previous Halloween quest that did actually call them production buildings.
It's elvenar terminology. Presumably the same writer handles events for both - or possibly even copy and pastes the quest list.

Sharmon the Impaler

It's elvenar terminology. Presumably the same writer handles events for both - or possibly even copy and pastes the quest list.
The events are made seperately. They may even be farmed out to an IT shop in another country that makes the events for several games. They may not even have anything to do with Inno except for the events. (ergo the event comments will not be seen at all by them)

xivarmy

Could someone explain when to use the witch card. I get the red x connecting the icons now.
The witch cards have bonus against nothing. And penalty against nothing.

They can be used against things your deck is not good against (i.e. if you're using vampire deck, you're good against zombies, but won't have strong cards against other vampires or werewolves - and most of your strong cards will take extra damage from werewolves. if you have a decent witch that can fill in in a pinch at times).

Or against early cards where you don't need bonus damage anyways.

More or less, if they do enough damage, use them.

Pericles the Lion

Spend your teeth daily. (1-2 full clears of the dungeon). But hoard your keys for a daily special (beyond 1 gold chest a day because the first chest is doubled).

I think the time is probably slightly longer this year - i'm planning for ~10 minutes/day/world (2 full clear dungeons which take about 5 minutes each when i measured it - without pondering over things so longer if you're still getting the hang of things). And it probably took me 15+ additional minutes opening chests on the day when I dumped my keys on beta near the end.

I don't feel this event is complicated, but it's not fast either.
Are you planning on spending diamonds on teeth? The reason I'm asking is I don't think we get enough teeth to complete 2 dungeons every day (unless you've figured out a way to do a dungeon for about 350 teeth).

xivarmy

Are you planning on spending diamonds on teeth? The reason I'm asking is I don't think we get enough teeth to complete 2 dungeons every day (unless you've figured out a way to do a dungeon for about 350 teeth).
Depends on number of thieves I go for, but a dungeon costs me ~300-450. When I'm offered lots of thieves it's closer to the high end. I don't expect to do 2 dungeons every day. But 1 full dungeon a day will not use up the free teeth and I think it's closer to 2 a day than 1 a day on average.

I am undecided on buying teeth at this time. Leaning no though.

Tharkunn

Please leave your feedback for the new event below!
I just lost - I want to know how and I want a ref to review the instant replay.
I had just used a healt put and was at 14/14 health. A badie with 6 health was up. I drew a card and got the one where I sacrifice 1 hit point to make the other guy attack himself twice. And bam. I got the notice I lost better luck next dungeon.
Makes no sense. The other guy killed himself attacking himself and the most I should have lost was 1 HP. How the do i lose.
game is broken

HardWire

I just lost - I want to know how and I want a ref to review the instant replay.
I had just used a healt put and was at 14/14 health. A badie with 6 health was up. I drew a card and got the one where I sacrifice 1 hit point to make the other guy attack himself twice. And bam. I got the notice I lost better luck next dungeon.
Makes no sense. The other guy killed himself attacking himself and the most I should have lost was 1 HP. How the do i lose.
game is broken
you may have lost because you ran out of cards. That got me in beta a couple of times until it was pointed out to me. Change cards when you have one that is overpowered for that particular fight will help you use less cards. Also, when the ability cards come up, grab 2

Orius Maximus

So it's designed as a simple trading crack gam --- I mean trading card game? Could be interesting depending on how it's set up. What is irritating about a new event format though is having to learn the nuances when it's only going to be up for three weeks and wondering if you haven't made screw ups that'll lock you out of the main prize especially if there's little margin for error (of course to Inno these days, diamonds are the margin of error so buy more!). Something this complex is more welcome as a long term feature. The whales aren't spending on event gameplay, they're spending on the prizes unless they're someone that just likes to throw their money away.

I wish they weren't starting this event on the same morning as the start of a new season of GBG. Both the first morning of a new season of GBG and the first morning of a new event are pretty time-consuming, and it's going to be annoying trying to find the time for both when I should be getting ready for work.

Yes, I too do not like such bad timing. The strong guilds will be looking to start the day by establishing a foothold on the map, not playing an event. Inno should know their game's internal schedule, and this event probably should have dropped last Thursday or on Monday. Tuesday isn't good because it runs into the start of GE.

View attachment 20894
Workshop buildings? I know these are production buildings but why the change in syntax? Pretty sure there was a previous Halloween quest that did actually call them production buildings.

That got a what the hell from me too, though I was able to figure out that was production buildings from the hammer icon. Inno should correct that text though, especially if it is a sloppy copy paste from Elvenar.

The event text feels like it was mostly dialed in to me, though I wasn't paying close attention. It looked like a bunch of really vague hints. Inno's definitely not the effort into events they used to.

Then there's this:

Screenshot_2023-10-26-18-20-30-419_1.jpeg

DON'T block the hint text with the giant pointers. How am I supposed to read that? I mean these event tutorials are seldom good (again, diamonds), but seriously there's no reason to block the text like this.

This game looks interesting at least, and the new building is pretty good as long as I can win enough upgrades to get it to level 8.

It's a shame they wasted this format on a three week event, this would be great for Guild Raids (my card type is TROLL! :D)

Last edited:

Pericles the Lion

I haven't and will not spend a dime on this event. I never trust Inno when it's a new mechanic and I am sure I will find a few diamond traps along the way but nothing for Inno this time. The first is the strings of crappy cards when the redraw goes up exponentially. 350 teeth for 1 card when they are only giving 2X that per day
If you took the time to watch the videos created by UberNerd or MooingCat you would know that the redraw cost only goes up if you allow it to. There's an easy trick that can be used to keep it at 5 teeth.

Sharmon the Impaler

If you took the time to watch the videos created by UberNerd or MooingCat you would know that the redraw cost only goes up if you allow it to. There's an easy trick that can be used to keep it at 5 teeth.
Are you deliberately picking apart what you want to see ? Yes I have seen the videos and 2 more as well. People in here (the ones beside just you) may not have seen them. Inno deliberately makes the "tutorials" junk so people will make mistakes otherwise Uber and MC wouldn't have to make the real tutorial every event.

fizzle

worst most confusing event ever. This whole game is going down the crapper. Fragments. Reduced diamonds. Bad enough that everything is a money grab, now they try to confuse you into into dropping $ or diamonds. GvG is going away and likely many players will follow. What have you done to the game Inno? Probably time to try something else after ten years here.

LiaForge92023

Icon to enter the event is grossly oversized and blocks the castle plus makes it difficult to collect incidents in the upper left corner on PC or makes it necessary to zoom out to work with buildings in that quadrant.
Goods and blueprints are good in one city but not in the 2nd.
No count-down timer for auto-refresh of teeth, hmmm
Buildings, so far, in both cities all drive Happiness negative - not interested!
Rate some where between meh to just okay. Not worth spending $$$ on.