• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Feedback for the Halloween Event 2023

PJS299

Just did the math, and on the two worlds I regularly play in I will be able to get the full building, plus maybe some frags for silver/golden. I don't think I'll be able to get the Arcane, but that's ok with me.

I'm at 2100 progress in both worlds, and I can get 1000 progress right now (on both worlds) if I opened all of my boxes. This 1000 progress, plus any more keys I get, I was thinking I'd probably end up around 3600 or so.

planetofthehumans2

Anyone think that the monsters ranch kind of sucks next to a ritual flame or even level two flame? It's the same size with only 4% defense while the level two flame has 12%, even adding the attackers defense is still less % per square.

JJ597

The ritual flame gives only a defense boost, while the Monster Wares gives FPS, Goods, and 2 defensive boosts. IMO, it's no contest which is better.

Last edited:
You can control which card you use,
No, you cannot! The cards are shuffled and drawn randomly.
you can control how much health you have,
The cards that you cannot control are the primary factor that determines your health level. You can control health only by choosing how much game currency you want to flush.
you can control whether you win or not,
Wrong again. The entire process is like a slot machine. You have no control over a random process!
Actually one of the most controlled events ever!
That comment bears no resemblance to reality.

PJS299

Are we playing the same game?

No, you cannot! The cards are shuffled and drawn randomly.
Yes you can. You can redraw to get a new card, and you pick whichever card you want from your pile.
The cards that you cannot control are the primary factor that determines your health level. You can control health only by choosing how much game currency you want to flush.
You can control how much health you have. Not only that, but you can buy health potions, use ability cards, or even use certain cards that may make you lose more or less health when battling.
Wrong again. The entire process is like a slot machine. You have no control over a random process!
It's not at all like a slot machine. You pick which deck you use, pick which card you use, pick which health potion to buy, pick which ability card, and when to use it. You can choose to redraw from your deck, choose to shuffle the DS, choose when to spend your keys, and for what DS.
That comment bears no resemblance to reality.
You control this event. Compare this to the Summer Event, or Winter Event, or Wildlife Event. Those events are slot machine events. This isn't.

Dursland

The ritual flame gives only a defense boost, while the Monster Wares gives FPS, Goods, and 2 defensive boosts. IMO, it's no contest which is better.
He's talking about the Monster Ranch, not Monster Wares. Monster Ranch is that 2x1 building making store building fragments from the pass. I think it's also produced by the Laboratory?

I took a pass on it - the store building fragments did intrigue me at first but the stats aren't very good at all. It may not require road but 2 shroom thrones is more than double the red stats it provides.

Several things I like about the event, several things I don't, but Inno PLEASE make the sparkborn things lower in the priority of being aided. They are for some reason top priority so they must all be motivated before your other things like Eagle Mountains, Buccanneer's bay or tower of whispering horror

Pericles the Lion

Apparently not. I've been playing a game where there are no detailed instructions, and the trial-and-error approach misses important features.
I have to agree with @PJS299. The INNO tutorials, together with content released by @UBERhelp1 and @MooingCat (not to mention many informative posts on this, and other threads) make this one of the easier mini-games to play. Sure, it requires a little bit of brain power because we're not just randomly clicking on frogs or origami animals or football players but that's where the fun is (well at least for me). YMMV

Sharmon the Impaler

I have to agree with @PJS299. The INNO tutorials, together with content released by @UBERhelp1 and @MooingCat (not to mention many informative posts on this, and other threads) make this one of the easier mini-games to play. Sure, it requires a little bit of brain power because we're not just randomly clicking on frogs or origami animals or football players but that's where the fun is (well at least for me). YMMV
I have to agree , a 12 minute video on it and a few tips here is all I used. 450 teeth is almost a guaranteed dungeon win.

Yes, I owe everyone an apology for my ignorance on this matter. Without watching the second video by InnoGames, I was playing blind — a different game, as I wrote.

Dursland

I enjoyed this event. It was challenging and stimulating, and mistakes definitely taught you a lesson.

Also enjoyed what I got out of it, which was:

2 Batsy's Bars for the self aid kits, also 38% combined boost in 4 tiles. The first one gave me 32 self aid kits in 5 days. Pretty neat buildings.

3 Thundering Laboratories and parts for a fourth.

14 golden sparks planted with 16 more in inventory.

2 Arcane Tarot Card Caravans

And I expect to get the Spectral Steed.

That's it since I didn't go for whispering tower or monsterwares. Spent my keys on sparks and daunting towers.

Didn't really want daunting tower but had nothing else to go for and they are fun to stack for gbg open.

Currently in gold with 1000 point lead on us29 - 14,000 diamonds spent. Hoping that's all but am prepared to spend another 2,000 if I need to stay in gold league.

Oh I also picked up 9 Finish All Specials total. Very nice, really glad inno threw that in.

Last edited:

PJS299

While leveling my Sparks, this popped up:

Screenshot 2023-11-13 20.28.22.png

I know they cost population, but I've just never seen this before.

Johnny B. Goode

What is your available happiness ?
Irrelevant. The message said he had "too many citizens in employment" to upgrade the building. The building subtracts from your population, which I'm assuming builds as you age it up (because, you know, that's how most buildings work). Which means that he can't upgrade until he has enough idle citizens to be subtracted. The game doesn't care how much Happiness you have or how it will be affected when you try to upgrade/age up a building. You can probably go negative on Happiness if you wanted to. But the game won't let you operate with a negative number of citizens.

Sharmon the Impaler

Irrelevant. The message said he had "too many citizens in employment" to upgrade the building. The building subtracts from your population, which I'm assuming builds as you age it up (because, you know, that's how most buildings work). Which means that he can't upgrade until he has enough idle citizens to be subtracted. The game doesn't care how much Happiness you have or how it will be affected when you try to upgrade/age up a building. You can probably go negative on Happiness if you wanted to. But the game won't let you operate with a negative number of citizens.
With all the happy negative buildings in this event a lot of folks are running low on happiness. If the building subtracts more happiness than you have then I was wondering if Inno would just call them with the same pop up. Different reasons but same result

Johnny B. Goode

With all the happy negative buildings in this event a lot of folks are running low on happiness. If the building subtracts more happiness than you have then I was wondering if Inno would just call them with the same pop up. Different reasons but same result
If that were the case, then the message would qualify as a bug since it specifically says "citizens" and doesn't mention Happiness. Also, I just disconnected all my buildings in one city and went from 7715 extra Happiness (Enthusiastic) to needing 6415 Happiness (Angry) and got no popup.

Sharmon the Impaler

If that were the case, then the message would qualify as a bug since it specifically says "citizens" and doesn't mention Happiness. Also, I just disconnected all my buildings in one city and went from 7715 extra Happiness (Enthusiastic) to needing 6415 Happiness (Angry) and got no popup.
Go to negative happiness and then try to plant a building that also takes away happiness to see what the pop up says , that would be interesting