• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Feedback for the Mini Challenges

I quite like this new addition. You can easily complete the quests if you place a bunch of blacksmiths and have your productions ready to collect before the questline starts, and the rewards are quite good.

Xenosaur

Found a bug in mobile (iOS).
The green checkmark showing completion of a quest, or the entire event... next to the Baron (questgiver) (I've finished the whole thing in about net 35 minutes or so - interrupted by phone calls... lol).

In other words that GREEN CHECK MARK always stays illuminated - disregarding partial progress or single quest achievement/completion. It never stops being "on", and is still on...even though I'm done.

IT stayed on for all quests, as green, even when I was working on a quest and hadn't finished it.

As for the quest, a couple of observations:
1)It's extremely resource intensive., I didn't stop to make a perfectly accurate count, but I think I spent 2500-3000 goods into the treasury. Maybe 1000 FP on buildings, used 10-12 supply accelerators, mostly for doing multiple 24 hour objectives. As well, there were multiple complex and very complex negotiations.
2) I am not interested in doing it again. You've made FoE a slow game by fragmenting it, now you want us to spend things that take LONG durations to accrue in 2 days. No whipsaw required. I'll build my city and my game the way you taught me: SLOWLY. There is nothing I need from Rival that I can't earn over time.
It's especially egregious to make us use supply production accelerators at this pace when you haven't given us the ability to recover from that deep usage. Yes, I make them in buildings, but not at this rate you require for this mini-quest. It's not balanced. Anyone that goes down the primrose path of using their supply accelerators up will suffer when they need them for other important things in the game.

Last edited:

honey55

I finished it but have no interest in doing it again if it's the same. I prefer not to rush ge. I HATE negotiating and it was there alot. I rushed ge the last time it had ge negotiating so it auto completed, but that didn't help the so many complex negotiating. A waste of SAT goods in my view. I don't mind the 8 hour or 24 hour productions. The many battles were easy since gbg was active. About the rewards: Having an extra forgotten temple is only meaningful if i can always have 2 going at the same time, which isn't likely. The serpent statue i may place but not the chains. I'll use the store it. Probably would have liked getting 32 of those instead of anything else. I won't do it in my diamond world. Really used alot of resources for something that just gave mostly rewards that i get enough of already doing something i actually enjoy, ge5, instead of something that to me, was quite the opposite.

PJS299

This suddenly got a lot easier when I saw how many finish all supply productions I had. I totally forgot about them.

Guidarelli

Shameless monetization damaging to the FOE brand. Absolutely impossible to complete without significant diamonds expenditures. Transparently nothing more than a new pay to win revenue stream.

Big-Bendz

The quests required a total of 700 goods of any age be donated to the treasury and the spending of 520 FPs. I didn't count the number of goods used in the negotiations. It was a fair amount but should not have been a problem for any but very early players. I only needed 2 Finish All Supply Production items because I had a bunch of blacksmiths set first to 8 hour for the first 2 quests then 24-hour for the final 2. If I felt like using the full 2 days I could have gotten away with using no supply rushes. Full disclosure: I used info from the Beta Forum to prepare.
I think the amount is by age, because in Space age there was 1 donation of 600 and a second of 320. And I believe there are more donations. I don't mind because I have boatloads of lower level goods which I normally donate to guild anyway. Would be tough for a noob player or for those who don't get a lot of goods (heavy fighters).

Ebeondi Asi

Shameless monetization damaging to the FOE brand. Absolutely impossible to complete without significant diamonds expenditures. Transparently nothing more than a new pay to win revenue stream.
??? I do three Worlds fully. Mingame. zero diamonds. ( I did spend the usual medals to finish my 80 today)
I did stop at the 24 hr Quest to not have to use a finish all. But the rest of the Quests can be done easily tomorrow.
And yes the Treasury donations are adjusted by age. I am in Titan and the goods were 630. 360 Final was 900.

Last edited:

planetofthehumans2

Quest 11 was "recruit 7 units". I completed it with spearfighters. Quest 32 was "recruit 8 units from your age". Same as Beta I think.
I'm almost entirely sure I did it with spears on both fronts. Or maybe my traz came up for the second one.

I also couldn't figure out how to delete units on mobile, the button in the army management seemed to be gone unless you literally toss them out the window.

EcstaticWaffle

Yeah, I have a sentiment similar to everyone else's. 32 is insane, and very challenging. However, I can't complete it because Stage V GE works on a different mechanics. It works on city defender strength, which the original buildings did not offer any, so I can't complete. Was nice until 24... I think 24 should be the max, and completing all GE just to complete this is crazy, probably only complete 80% of GE? Love the rewards since I have not gotten any of those before, so kudos on the new buildings. But, yet again, they don't offer city defender bonuses. The serpent fins should offer both defender/attacker bonus, if Stage V GE is going for defender bonus.

Ebeondi Asi

Yeah, I have a sentiment similar to everyone else's. 32 is insane, and very challenging. However, I can't complete it because Stage V GE works on a different mechanics. It works on city defender strength, which the original buildings did not offer any, so I can't complete. Was nice until 24... I think 24 should be the max, and completing all GE just to complete this is crazy, probably only complete 80% of GE? Love the rewards since I have not gotten any of those before, so kudos on the new buildings. But, yet again, they don't offer city defender bonuses. The serpent fins should offer both defender/attacker bonus, if Stage V GE is going for defender bonus.
Ge 5 has zero to do with the 32 quests. if you finish the 64 then you autocomplete any tasks related to GE. The one flaw might? be if you have a task up like do five negotiations, to do, and do not finish that task then the rest autcomplete.
More than one player finished the 32 tasks in one hour or less in my Guilds. So IMO 32 is not a big deal.

Last edited:

Aristarchus1

Great little event. I finished all 32 quests and GE5 in less than 50 min, Tuesday morning with no prep.

I only spent
- 2-3 'Finish All Supply' kits
( Arcane Tarot is farming them)
- and 2 recruit unit packs (since I got dozens of those in the Hallo event.)

The prizes were decent for 50 min play. 1 extra Temple, 1 Mass aid kit, 2 full Feathered Statues lvl 3, and 1 Greater Ritual Flame.

My only complain is that it did not start at 11/28 at 8 am EST, as advertised, but probably 1 hour later around 9-10 am EST, and by then I had already done GE1 and GE2 as usual, so I had to face some more difficult negotiations in GE3/GE4. But nothing unusual.

Another great thing is that once you finish GE4, then all Rival GE tasks auto-complete.

Also, previously it was not possible to finish all GE1 to GE5 in less than 1 hour,
unless spending many millions of medals (30-50M) or Diamonds (
15 per extra stop).

But now the Rival provides gifts with tons of GE attempts,
so this week it was rather easy to complete all 80/80 GE tasks and 32 Rival tasks in less than 1 hour,
without spending many millions of medals nor any diamonds.

Special thanks to my Tarot Caravan for already supplying me with tons of 'Finish All Supply' kits, which basically nullifies the time limit. So, if you know how to play FOE it does not matter if the time limit is 2 days or 3 hours, as long as it is at least 1 hour

All 32 Rival tasks and all GE5 (80/80) are still doable in less than 1 hour
1. if you have 2-3 magic 'Finish All Supply' kits
2. if you are not a noob.

For the record, I am in Titan with 50K spare Titan goods, so I obviously I do not share the same view as many of the newbies here. About diamonds I only spent 50 or 70 of them for the Rival, not because it was necessary, but just because I wanted to pay some extra turns for the negotiations (10 diamonds each) because I was too bored to do the negotiations again. But if I was not bored, then diamonds are not necessary. It just takes about 10 more more minutes or so.

About medals, I spent about half a million, which doesn't even count, as real spending.
4-5 more 1.9 investments, and I get all those medals back with my Arc

Hopefully they will have this Rival dude coming every week,
this week I will have 5 temples active after 3 weeks, which means 100% more FP and goods from city

Last edited:

Aristarchus1

Ge 5 has zero to do with the 32 quests. if you finish the 64 then you autocomplete any tasks related to GE. The one flaw might? be if you have a task up like do five negotiations, to do, and do not finish that task then you will be stuck?
More than one player finished the 32 tasks in one hour or less in my Guilds. So IMO 32 is not a big deal.

Totally agree. The real challenge would be to have a time limit of 32 minutes for these 32 Rival quests. Then, it might have required some previous prep and alertness, to speedrun the Rival.

But still, there would be many speedrun shortcuts:

Example to spend 10-20 million medals or so, to fight and finish all GE4 64/64 in 10 minutes (assuming 5 second per fight encounter and 5 sec for gift collections after each fight (TOR etc). (and if you run out of medals, then 15 diamonds per turn is not really much, for established players

Then after these 10 min, only focus 20 min on all rival quests, and actually all negotiation tasks would auto complete since you did GE4 64/64 , so even 20 min is a lot of time.
Preping for 8-hour and 24-hour with ready to go blacksmiths would also save a few precious seconds and also save the Finish all supply kits

So one of the hardest tasks would be 14 won fight streak in a row, then I suggest
- NO TO GBG (because it has 2 waves per 1 fight therefore slower!! )
- NO TO hood, because some crazy folks have 4000 / 4000 blue stats and you might lose the streak when they defend their city
- YES to PVP then (or the map maybe). But PVP is easy, just pay few medals, and get the extra turns and finish the Fight streak asap ( probably max 2 minutes for 14 fight streak).
And to be faster in PVP , just do the easiest fights , so you don't have to change units so often as in the hardest top fights

Last edited: