• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Feedback for the Mini Challenges

Ebeondi Asi

Really everyone? Isn't the rewards for the mini quest something that GE5 was for? Someone in their feedback mentioned that and offered that the mini quests are an indictment on the failure of GE5. I agree with that.
failure? In my three Guilds most players (of 78 to 80 members) finish GE 5 and plenty finish GE 5 within 36 hours. Depending on the opponents. all Players of the Guild, when in a race finish GE 5
Most Guild member have no problem anymore finishing GE 5 fighting, and the rest are working hard to also be able to fight through GE 5. rather than finish of by Negotiating.
But probably most a weak small Guilds (usually 16 or 32 minimums) that do not even bother to require 64 (or GE 1 2 3 4 done.) might agree that "GE 5 is a failure (in their guild anyway! :p )

For comment by JBG below to his comment intrinsic value to the game is negligible
Rather than add another post i will comment the most valuable reward form GE 5 is The Forgotten Temple. won by finishing GE 5 every week times four. For that I gain an extra 220 Forge points everyday I play. And with the new two day Quest game having Forgotten Temple fragments as rewards that may become 440 FPs a day? not sure now often it will be offered.

Last edited:

Johnny B. Goode

failure? In my three Guilds most players (of 78 to 80 members) finish GE 5 and plenty finish GE 5 within 36 hours. Depending on the opponents. all Players of the Guild, when in a race finish GE 5
Most Guild member have no problem anymore finishing GE 5 fighting, and the rest are working hard to also be able to fight through GE 5. rather than finish of by Negotiating.
But probably most a weak small Guilds (usually 16 or 312 minimums) that do not even bother to require 64 (or GE 1 2 3 4 done.) might agree that "GE 5 is a failure (in their guild anyway! :p )
From what you've posted about those three guilds you're in, they're very similar guilds. So the fact that those three guilds do something is not an indication of any widespread trend. And your speculation about other guilds is irrelevant because you're only in one type of guild. It's no different than someone from a small, weak guild posting as if every guild were like theirs. The fact that your 3 guilds of "serious" players finishes GE5 is in no way an indication of that feature's success, or even of its intrinsic value to the game. I can tell you that its intrinsic value to the game is negligible, mainly due to the fact that most of its rewards merely make GE5 itself easier, with little to no impact on the rest of the game.

Xenosaur

We don't know for sure, but since it seems to be tied to GE it might be every Tuesday. Or it could be biweekly. Or monthly. We just don't know at this point.
Correct.
Here is the Live version of "when's the next one in live FoE": These mini challenges won't just be available between events, but also during them. Keep an eye out for upcoming challenges during the next event!

Here was the beta version of "when's the next one in Rival (the beta name for mini challenge)": These mini challenges won't just be available between events, but also during them. Keep an eye out for upcoming challenges during the next event!

In other words - we don't know x2 :)

Disgruntled Veteran

I understand that this is meant to be a challenge, but why not have this start and end along side GE? Lower level /weaker players may need that additional time. Why make this available to all players when only advanced players can complete it?

UBERhelp1

I understand that this is meant to be a challenge, but why not have this start and end along side GE? Lower level /weaker players may need that additional time. Why make this available to all players when only advanced players can complete it?
It's not supposed to be something weaker players can complete. I think the problem is the expectation. This mini challenge is not something that should come as a simple activity that you can do and forget. However, that's what historically has been the case in FoE. You usually get more than enough time for the questline, but the "challenge" here is that you don't.

Maybe that's a marketing error? But the idea seems to be that this is a questline where the quests are relatively easy, but the challenge is that you have a limited time and may need to use some inventory items to make it to the end of the questline fast enough. We'll have to see what the next one is like, though.

Disgruntled Veteran

It's not supposed to be something weaker players can complete. I think the problem is the expectation. This mini challenge is not something that should come as a simple activity that you can do and forget. However, that's what historically has been the case in FoE. You usually get more than enough time for the questline, but the "challenge" here is that you don't.

Maybe that's a marketing error? But the idea seems to be that this is a questline where the quests are relatively easy, but the challenge is that you have a limited time and may need to use some inventory items to make it to the end of the questline fast enough. We'll have to see what the next one is like, though.

I think it would be better if this unlocked at a certain era. This way lower level /weaker players won't ask for it to be nerfed. Or they can make it tiered to era ranges. Either way , my only focus is strengthing my city for now. Something I should have done long ago..

UBERhelp1

I think it would be better if this unlocked at a certain era. This way lower level /weaker players won't ask for it to be nerfed. Or they can make it tiered to era ranges. Either way , my only focus is strengthing my city for now. Something I should have done long ago..
Maybe. But especially with modern event buildings, city strength isn't related to the age you're in. The quests do scale slightly based on age (like goods requirements).

Wwwoodchuck

The mini-challenges were an interesting addition. It was nice that they were optional, not mandatory as part of an event.

They did seem to be resource intensive. There was no way to strategically avoid using resources, or was there and I missed it? To run all the required productions, it was necessary to rush them, using a resource, or to make room to build more production buildings, which would have taken resources to store buildings. One would have also had to know what productions were coming up in the questline in order to be prepared for them. That would require an outside source, not something that could be garnered within the game. There would not be time to complete the quests just doing them as they came up, using no rush items.

I do not remember if medals were actually required to rush GE steps or not. Unless you knew ahead of time what was coming up after a run 24-hour production, someone would likely have done steps ahead in GE, so as not to lose the free chances. So would have had to pay medals to open more for the quests. Not real ‘skill’ required, it was more just something to do for a reward option kind of thing.

If enough users enjoyed them then they were worth having. Depending on the rewards, would decide if I did them again or not. I would not do them again for ‘GE rewards’.

Wwwoodchuck

Actually we all see that point clearly. A bunch of players want nothing changed and are crying and bawling having a sort of tantrum here in the Forum over what they see as horrible..
Others like the changes.
That simple.
I would add that the trend is for players , over time, coming to realize that the changes are fun. Really.
(the crying bawling crowd could also realize that.... If they would just give the new things a fair try. )
I would like to address this comment, if I may, as lately I could be seen as one who is “crying and bawling having a sort of tantrum here in the forum over what they see as horrible.”

I do not believe there are any players who would not like to see changes. Change can be good, it can also be detrimental and not all changes are fun or enjoyable. Take culling GvG. There is a subset of players who are very upset so that is not a change they will come to see as a change that was “really fun”!

There seems to be a good subset of players who use this forum to provide feedback. And I will agree… Some are not quite as tactful as others. But those that take the time to come and comment I would see as players who care enough about a game to come here and comment. Players who do not actually care and enjoy the game, or did enjoy it, would not come to post, they simply delete it and move on, Only Inno would know those numbers.

For my issues that I have been bringing up: “Fragment inventory control”, it has been over a year now so I feel that was plenty of time to have given them a “Fair try” without crying about an issue I saw coming from day 1. Agreed? I had hoped that Inno would have a solution to the growing pages of inventory of how to track and maintain these fragments. It has not and the issue has continued to grow. As more buildings are introduced that spawn children or that spawn other buildings that spawn children or still yet other buildings, the issue continues to grow unchecked. And from the feedback here, other forums and players, it is not an issue that only I am having. And yes, some players have no issue with it, but along the same lines, some players have no issue with removing GvG or everyone getting a special building for it either!

Perhaps If I had cried and bawled about this when fragments first appeared, Inno would have been made aware that it could be a future issue for some players and they would have addressed it already.

Pericles the Lion

I would like to address this comment, if I may, as lately I could be seen as one who is “crying and bawling having a sort of tantrum here in the forum over what they see as horrible.”

I do not believe there are any players who would not like to see changes. Change can be good, it can also be detrimental and not all changes are fun or enjoyable. Take culling GvG. There is a subset of players who are very upset so that is not a change they will come to see as a change that was “really fun”!

There seems to be a good subset of players who use this forum to provide feedback. And I will agree… Some are not quite as tactful as others. But those that take the time to come and comment I would see as players who care enough about a game to come here and comment. Players who do not actually care and enjoy the game, or did enjoy it, would not come to post, they simply delete it and move on, Only Inno would know those numbers.

For my issues that I have been bringing up: “Fragment inventory control”, it has been over a year now so I feel that was plenty of time to have given them a “Fair try” without crying about an issue I saw coming from day 1. Agreed? I had hoped that Inno would have a solution to the growing pages of inventory of how to track and maintain these fragments. It has not and the issue has continued to grow. As more buildings are introduced that spawn children or that spawn other buildings that spawn children or still yet other buildings, the issue continues to grow unchecked. And from the feedback here, other forums and players, it is not an issue that only I am having. And yes, some players have no issue with it, but along the same lines, some players have no issue with removing GvG or everyone getting a special building for it either!

Perhaps If I had cried and bawled about this when fragments first appeared, Inno would have been made aware that it could be a future issue for some players and they would have addressed it already.
I don't see what the problem is with managing fragments in inventory. At least not on PC and I don't know if mobile is any different. On PC there is a summary tab for all items. There are also separate tabs for complete buildings, for "consumables" (e.g. potions, rushes, selection kits, etc.), for goods, for blueprints, and for fragments. Every frag that you have is displayed under the Fragment tab. How much easier can the devs make it? It seems pretty uncomplicated as is it.

Johnny B. Goode

I don't see what the problem is with managing fragments in inventory. At least not on PC and I don't know if mobile is any different. On PC there is a summary tab for all items. There are also separate tabs for complete buildings, for "consumables" (e.g. potions, rushes, selection kits, etc.), for goods, for blueprints, and for fragments. Every frag that you have is displayed under the Fragment tab. How much easier can the devs make it? It seems pretty uncomplicated as is it.
Yes, you do see what the problem with managing fragments is. You hit the nail on the head in a different thread with this post:

"Does anyone know where the "Finish Goods Production" and "Finish All Goods Productions" items even came from? I'm thinking they must have been a prize in an Event but I can't find where."

That is the crux of the problem with the ever increasing sources of fragments. The basic building block of a city building game is planning. You can't do that with fragments because they are coming out of the woodwork, just like those "Finish Goods" items you had that seemed to appear out of nowhere. Our inventories have pages and pages of fragments of everything from buildings to rush items to potions to upgrades to selection kits. Impossible to remember where they all come from, how long it will take to complete each of them, where to put/use them, etc. The best anyone can do is just assemble them as they complete and figure out then what to do with them. That's not managing, that's reacting. It wouldn't be an issue if there were only a few fragmented items to manage, but the proliferation of them makes reacting to them the only practical way to handle them. Theoretically, you could keep a separate record of all of it, but that is not a practical solution unless the game is your life. You know all this, but you are so deep in defense-of-Inno mode that you refuse to admit it.

Pericles the Lion

Yes, you do see what the problem with managing fragments is. You hit the nail on the head in a different thread with this post:

"Does anyone know where the "Finish Goods Production" and "Finish All Goods Productions" items even came from? I'm thinking they must have been a prize in an Event but I can't find where."

That is the crux of the problem with the ever increasing sources of fragments. The basic building block of a city building game is planning. You can't do that with fragments because they are coming out of the woodwork, just like those "Finish Goods" items you had that seemed to appear out of nowhere. Our inventories have pages and pages of fragments of everything from buildings to rush items to potions to upgrades to selection kits. Impossible to remember where they all come from, how long it will take to complete each of them, where to put/use them, etc. The best anyone can do is just assemble them as they complete and figure out then what to do with them. That's not managing, that's reacting. It wouldn't be an issue if there were only a few fragmented items to manage, but the proliferation of them makes reacting to them the only practical way to handle them. Theoretically, you could keep a separate record of all of it, but that is not a practical solution unless the game is your life. You know all this, but you are so deep in defense-of-Inno mode that you refuse to admit it.
The "Finish Goods Production" and "Finish All Goods Productions" that I was asking about are items, not fragments. I understand that managing a lot of fragments is a problem for you but it's not for me. I think that the "crux of the problem", for you, is not the organization of fragments but the simple fact that they have become more prevalent. You should get used to it, I really don't think that they will go away.

Last edited:

Wwwoodchuck

If a city produces a particular fragment it is not hard, at all, to identify which building produced it.
I am more than willing to listen if there is an easy way to tell! It sure would solve a lot of issues.

I look in inventory and I see I am a few fragments shy of a Granny Aurora’s Apple Tree. How could I find out where it comes from without searching another website/3rd part software or clicking on every building in my city to see what it produces?

For me, this example would be an excellent, simple Solution:

1701883820530.png

Pericles the Lion

I am more than willing to listen if there is an easy way to tell! It sure would solve a lot of issues.

I look in inventory and I see I am a few fragments shy of a Granny Aurora’s Apple Tree. How could I find out where it comes from without searching another website/3rd part software or clicking on every building in my city to see what it produces?

For me, this example would be an excellent, simple Solution:

View attachment 21069
These are produced by the Autumn Vineyard (L9, Rustic, or Vibrant). I've suggested this to you before. Immediately after you collect your city visit your inventory. Write down the name of every fragment that you just collected (the new additions will be prominently displayed). Then, at your leisure, identify the origin of each fragment and include it on your list of fragments. Do this for several days because there are buildings, like the Autumn Vineyard family, that produce more than one type of fragment. After a few days you will have compiled a list of every fragment that your city makes as well as where they came from.

Emberguard

These are produced by the Autumn Vineyard (L9, Rustic, or Vibrant). I've suggested this to you before. Immediately after you collect your city visit your inventory. Write down the name of every fragment that you just collected (the new additions will be prominently displayed). Then, at your leisure, identify the origin of each fragment and include it on your list of fragments. Do this for several days because there are buildings, like the Autumn Vineyard family, that produce more than one type of fragment. After a few days you will have compiled a list of every fragment that your city makes as well as where they came from.

So basically.... keep track of everything manually instead of the game putting that info available at a glance. It would not be a bad idea to refine the process of gathering the info.

Wwwoodchuck

Thank you for the suggestion of making this a manual process.

Last edited: