• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Feedback for the Unit stacking Feature

LoveNkind

WOW!!! How creative and wonderful. The forum seems to attract whiners and complainers. They say the game is deteriorating and going bust. This incredible new feature proves that Inno is thriving. Those of you able to support the game, please do--Inno deserves it!

I did panic when I got an injured troop and it appeared right on top. Right, that's the first troop any military commander wants to use on the front lines--an injured one! Then I looked more closely, and discovered each troop has its own column, including injured troops by degree of injury. Attached and unattached troops get separate columns, making it easy to use your renewable troops first. That Thursday morning GBG Diamond League rush is going to stretch out the army choices fiercely--but it will still be faster than what we had yesterday.

You can also see at a glance whether you are running low on a troop type, and in real time, when you are choosing armies.

Well done, Inno, very well done, indeed.

Ironrooster

Came here to post this. I just got like 30 injured hovers and now the feature is far less useful when I have to scroll for rogues.
You can hit the light units button and just display the stacks for light units, rogues, and drummers - of course if any light units are damaged they will show up individually before the rogues

McBluefire

Gonna have the same feedback here as was done on beta since absolutely none of the concerns were taken into account. No idea why it was delayed if nothing was going to be done to make it better.

What's nice - you get to see all the units you have multiples of with a number over them indicating how many you have - don't have to scroll through 20+ of them.

What doesn't make sense - As soon as a unit is injured it is pulled out of the stack and placed to the right of it, pushing other troops off to the right. The wounded go in between the healthy putting the player right back where they were before the stacking was enabled, having to scroll right and left to reach additional units.

The bad - Having this option enabled creates overhead when opening the unit window which is noticed as lag when fighting. Considering the lag already complained about while in GbG for most players, this adds additional time to each battle.

How to turn it off - go into settings and look for "Stack Units" and uncheck it. Half baked solution's problems solved.

Last edited:
good idea, just implemented by people who must not actually play the game. if they fix the wounded troops issue, it will be a lot better

Dursland

There's no longer an overview of how many troops you have total. I can see I have 350 uninjured rogues, but there's no overview count of rogues - including the wounded ones. It used to be displayed on hover tooltip, now it's gone.

Ebeondi Asi

I agree the adding of injured troops to the right individually (thus pushing off the wanted slots past those injured troops) deeply harms any value to this otherwise great idea.
For players who always use jus one troop it is OK. fo all others i is a hot mess once the injured troops fill up the slots.
I have to agree this was done by someone who does not play the game.. Sad really
Aside from the injured troops part, it is a great idea

Last edited:

RedR0ck

People provided tons of feedback on beta server. You did nothing!
boost_panel_icon_angry_smiley-1f5aa4898.png

Pericles the Lion

I like the feature but not so much that as injured units are added to the right they push other stackable units to the right. Should be a way to keep all the stacked units to the far left even as injured ones are add.
I agree. See below.

After enough battles the Champions and Rogues will be pushed off screen by the injured SAJM units. At that point, I'll either have to scroll right to find the Rogues or click on the light unit icon to find them. Neither option is an improvement over what I was doing before the units stacked. The solution is to have all units (both aged and no-age) stack on the left ahead of any units that are injured. I'll probably disable stacking until this clutter gets fixed.

1684178944029.png

Like many others, I was pleased to see this When I logged in this morning. There was an initial moment of confusion when I thought I had somehow lost almost all o0f my troops, then i realized what was going on.

Stacking makes it much easier to select the troops I want, thus reducing the non-productive time in an intense fighting session. As far as wounded units, they should either be moved to the far right as others have suggested or make them into a stack, so that you would have a stack on unwounded troops next to a stack of the same units, but wounded. This would also solve the issue of knowing how many total units of a type you have, solving Dursland's dilemma in post 28.

jeffj2

Inno - you need to please fix this. I cannot access my undamaged Rogues.
This is a very poorly designed "improvement".
--
I just now got the "stacked" view (after my original post). I had to log out and log back in. We will see if it is an improvement.

Last edited:
So we will still have to click on the LIGHT Units tab to find the Rogues, but then we won't have to scroll right to find them. That at least is a little improvement. But it would be better if they stayed to the far left of the all units tab.

qaccy

Just like in beta, people are complaining about things that weren't the point of this update. The display for damaged units is exactly the same as it was prior to the update - directly to the right of the same healthy units. Nothing has 'gotten worse' here, because this is how it's always been. Nothing was changed about Rogues either, because it was also not the point of this update.

It should be stressed here that the point of the change was to introduce unit stacking. Nothing more, nothing less. This isn't overhauling or revamping the army management UI. It's stacking healthy units. That's it. Everything else regarding unit sorting is the same as it was before.

Ebeondi Asi

One other positive is you can see how many damaged left the next day. I use all one troop most of the time. I realized ic an see if I still have any not healed. Which does not matter a lot to me with 12,000 of them But for someone with few troops can mean a lot.

Last edited:

RedR0ck

Just like in beta, people are complaining about things that weren't the point of this update. The display for damaged units is exactly the same as it was prior to the update - directly to the right of the same healthy units. Nothing has 'gotten worse' here, because this is how it's always been. Nothing was changed about Rogues either, because it was also not the point of this update.

It should be stressed here that the point of the change was to introduce unit stacking. Nothing more, nothing less. This isn't overhauling or revamping the army management UI. It's stacking healthy units. That's it. Everything else regarding unit sorting is the same as it was before.
That is not the point! The point is if they ask you for FEEDBACK it means they want to know how they are doing or what areas should be improved (at least that is how normal companies do). Instead we are getting feature which obviously can be better presented but nobody cares. If it is normal behavior to you I'm sorry then.

CDmark

Glad I can deactivate the stacking. I think my main problem, the habit I have on where to look for units, especially rogues. After so many times knowing where to click on the scroll bar, it is hardwired in my brain. It starts out great when no units are injured. Then that rogue stack starts to stroll to the right. Once that stack is gone, that's where it breaks down for me. Now, I am not Speedy Gonzales in GBG, but it does make me slower, but not Slow Poke Rodriguez. Since I can deactivate it, then it is fine esp if it helps some others (unless I am racing them in GBG, no help for you...lol). If all injured units were to the right of stacked fresh units, I think it would be easier for me.
Even when everything is fresh and those stacked rogues are right in front of my face, I still want to click the scroll bar bcs I know exactly where to click, my hand/finger combo on the mouse is not cooperating with my eyeball.

The Lady Redneck

I think it will be great for new players. but it is going to take this old dog a while to learn this new trick. For the moment I have it active in my diamond farm where we do no fast fighting at all. Just to help me get used to it. But in my main world I deactivated it as for now I find the old method better in GBG and GvG.