• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Feedback for update 1.233

Zatrikon

Other than the bi-weekly (every two weeks, on average) update announcements, there have been exactly 14 other announcements this year in 6 months. You don't have time to read about 2 announcements a month? Four including the update ones. Sounds like the problems on your end, not on Inno's.
If they aren't related to the subject I'm looking for, then no. I don't have time to read them. I don't have time to go on a wild goose chase hoping that a thread entitled "Mobile Ads" might contain information that I'm looking for that has nothing to do with mobile ads. This isn't brain surgery.

Pericles the Lion

How exactly is the Neighborly Helpers tab related to ads presented to mobile players? Or the new Tavern Boost tab?

And now there's some extra "special quests" that come up - also not at all related to ads presented to mobile players.
How about you stop pretending like you haven't read the Announcement. The answer to your question is there.

Johnny B. Goode

If they aren't related to the subject I'm looking for, then no. I don't have time to read them. I don't have time to go on a wild goose chase hoping that a thread entitled "Mobile Ads" might contain information that I'm looking for that has nothing to do with mobile ads. This isn't brain surgery.
"Thread"? No, just one post when it comes to announcements. So that's two posts per month, on average. You've read way more than that in this thread alone. Quit complaining and start reading announcements and it will actually free up time because you won't have to complain about being uninformed. And you're right, this isn't brain surgery, so I don't know why you're acting like it is.

Warrior Wombat

Troop training carousel is broken. Sometimes after the 2nd building but often after the first building, when you start training it does not progress to the next building.

1. information about reactions to a product, a person's performance of a task, etc. which is used as a basis for improvement.
"throughout this process we have obtained valuable feedback"
The training carousel got broken in the update, so can't this can be used as a basis for improvement? aka feedback?

LeCron

FOE Team
Community Manager
The training carousel got broken in the update, so can't this can be used as a basis for improvement? aka feedback?

Yes, in a way that the fact there's a bug is an upsetting issue, but not as a bug report. Bug reports are more complex, and we need information from the player that we can only collect when a ticket is submitted.

GeniePower

Yes, in a way that the fact there's a bug is an upsetting issue, but not as a bug report. Bug reports are more complex, and we need information from the player that we can only collect when a ticket is submitted.
Yet the process on beta is different: with the provided information the crew attempts to reproduce the bug (which is what we do at work also!) and only after failing to reproduce more information is requested

Johnny B. Goode

Yet the process on beta is different: with the provided information the crew attempts to reproduce the bug (which is what we do at work also!) and only after failing to reproduce more information is requested
Yes, but the purpose of Beta and the role of the Beta staff is different from this Forum's purpose and the role of this Forum's staff. The whole point of the Beta server and Forum is to iron out bugs and test new features/mechanisms. The purpose of this Forum is for players on the live servers to interact with each other and provide live server feedback for events/updates/new features. But if a bug shows up on the live servers (of which there are 27 compared to one Beta server) it is much more efficient for the player(s) affected to file a ticket with as much info as possible rather than just make general "this isn't working" statements on the Forum.

LeCron

FOE Team
Community Manager

Yet this is not Beta. Even though we're all Forge of Empires, we're different Communities, managed by different Staffs, for a different public (even though we can share players between us, which is great)... what the colleague said right above.

Cheers!

GeniePower

Yes, but the purpose of Beta and the role of the Beta staff is different from this Forum's purpose and the role of this Forum's staff. The whole point of the Beta server and Forum is to iron out bugs and test new features/mechanisms. The purpose of this Forum is for players on the live servers to interact with each other and provide live server feedback for events/updates/new features. But if a bug shows up on the live servers (of which there are 27 compared to one Beta server) it is much more efficient for the player(s) affected to file a ticket with as much info as possible rather than just make general "this isn't working" statements on the Forum.
but all bugs are pushed to live anyway, whether found on beta or not. Especially game breaking bugs like today (see feedback 1.234 topic) should warrant pushing back the release