• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Feedback for update 1.257

Johnny B. Goode

They already have a garbage can icon on all of them , just filter out everything that can be deleted and put them in their own tab and that would do what most are asking. The convoluted "solution" they put up ignored the main inventory window changes asked for. How does building a road in Ohio help with Florida's traffic ?
What they did is like fixing a garage being cluttered by building a shed and putting duplicates of some of the stuff in the garage there. Does nothing about the clutter in the garage, just adds another place to get cluttered.

On my "main" world I have fragments of 23 different items. Some days it's more, but I don't have any fragments of the GE level 1 or 3 selection kits right now. Of those 23 items, 11 will only be sold to the AD if/when assembled for a fraction of what the actual building would bring. Having to scroll past them in the main Inventory tab to get to useful items is complete nonsense. Either put them at the end or take them out altogether.

Last edited:

qaccy

Fragments are the thing making it more difficult to find inventory and it’s what many are asking to have taken out of the main inventory window.
Fragments only make it 'more difficult' if you aren't using the other tabs or more significantly, the search box. It's easy to flood your inventory with not only fragments, but everything else the game throws at you between things like GE and events. We already have the best option for filtering through it with the search bar, as far as I'm concerned. Any further improvements would more easily come from my end, if I just started actually getting rid of all the crap I have in there. But my inventory's up to 41 pages now, and I have no complaints over how the system's set up because again, I can just use the search feature to find what I might be looking for.

Ebeondi Asi

"I'm lovin' it!"

Oh, and don't forget that the abort recurring quests during aid-all bug still exists, could we get that fixed please?
That is not a bug.. That s a feature' now. Inno restricted using the Quest flipping to (apparently?) stop players from using the RQ aid xx players repeatedly while using the Aid all button. I had done the repeated aid xx players RQ a few times myself.. now one cannot do it anymore.
That is what I read. There may be other reasons I am unaware of?

Johnny B. Goode

Fragments only make it 'more difficult' if you aren't using the other tabs or more significantly, the search box. It's easy to flood your inventory with not only fragments, but everything else the game throws at you between things like GE and events. We already have the best option for filtering through it with the search bar, as far as I'm concerned. Any further improvements would more easily come from my end, if I just started actually getting rid of all the crap I have in there. But my inventory's up to 41 pages now, and I have no complaints over how the system's set up because again, I can just use the search feature to find what I might be looking for.
And if the fragments were removed from the main inventory window or put at the end, then it wouldn't harm you in the least and it would make it better for the rest of us. But thanks for your irrelevant input. (Using the search feature is a pain in the butt unless you're upgrading a building. Every time you use it for something else you have to clear the search field to go back to the main inventory.)

honey55

I would agree except items don't always have a like word in their title, like the ge level 1 -4 fragment awards. They don't even have the name of the item they make after you complete one, at least the one i did didn't. I just let my fragments build up unless i need one. It's just a bit of inconvenience. I have to use the search more than once to build a ritual flame and than to use the upgrade from the fragments.

LoveNkind

I don't know what feedback they were listening to, but this new tab does nothing to fix the problem of too many fragments in the main Inventory window. The real solution would be if you only had them in the Fragments tab and not in the main Inventory window. Massive fail.

I was one of those who asked for this. I am delighted to be listened to. Inno DOES care! My whole game is more enjoyable now.

I, too, would prefer only in the Fragments tab and not in the main Inventory window, but I get almost that effect by doing the buildings tab and then the consumables tab.
Johnny B. Goode, I think you complain too much and do not appreciate things much. We play games partly to learn life lessons. I hope you learn one from this comment and start a Gratitude Journal for your REAL life. You'll be a happier man!

LoveNkind

They already have a garbage can icon on all of them , just filter out everything that can be deleted and put them in their own tab and that would do what most are asking. The convoluted "solution" they put up ignored the main inventory window changes asked for. How does building a road in Ohio help with Florida's traffic ?
You can only delete one fragment at a time, which is extremely slow and boring. I am letting them all accumulate until full and popping them. Then you can throw them away thru AD.

Johnny B. Goode

I was one of those who asked for this. I am delighted to be listened to. Inno DOES care! My whole game is more enjoyable now.
Surely this is sarcasm. All they did was add another tab. The fragments were already at the front of the main Inventory, so how exactly does this help anyone?
I, too, would prefer only in the Fragments tab and not in the main Inventory window, but I get almost that effect by doing the buildings tab and then the consumables tab.
Which you could do before. Wouldn't it be better if you didn't have to almost get that effect? Getting that effect without the "almost" is what we asked for and we didn't get it.
Johnny B. Goode, I think you complain too much and do not appreciate things much. We play games partly to learn life lessons. I hope you learn one from this comment and start a Gratitude Journal for your REAL life. You'll be a happier man!
If you haven't noticed, this is a feedback thread. Not an only positive feedback thread. I appreciate when Inno does something right, not when they screw up a simple fix, which is what they've done here. The life lesson is that you don't have to appreciate changes that don't fix anything or make anything better. And when something is screwed up, it's alright to say that it's screwed up. Or are you still pretending that the Emperor really has new clothes on?

qaccy

And if the fragments were removed from the main inventory window or put at the end, then it wouldn't harm you in the least and it would make it better for the rest of us. But thanks for your irrelevant input. (Using the search feature is a pain in the butt unless you're upgrading a building. Every time you use it for something else you have to clear the search field to go back to the main inventory.)
What...the people who don't want to use the search? I mean, there're still all the pages of various upgrade kits, buildings, and other consumables that pile up through normal gameplay. Are you telling me you manually click through a dozen or more pages to find what you want instead of just using the search box? I can see why you'd be upset by fragments in that case, but it's not like you don't have other stuff clogging your inventory alongside them. The search feature is already the best solution to inventory management since it allows you to go to exactly what you want to use without having to page past anything, fragments or otherwise.

Johnny B. Goode

What...the people who don't want to use the search? I mean, there're still all the pages of various upgrade kits, buildings, and other consumables that pile up through normal gameplay. Are you telling me you manually click through a dozen or more pages to find what you want instead of just using the search box? I can see why you'd be upset by fragments in that case, but it's not like you don't have other stuff clogging your inventory alongside them. The search feature is already the best solution to inventory management since it allows you to go to exactly what you want to use without having to page past anything, fragments or otherwise.
A dozen or more pages? No. At least not before fragments went wild. And I only use search when I'm upgrading a building. That's the only time it's more efficient than just clicking through a few pages. Otherwise, you have to type in at least enough of your selection to actually get what you want, then use it, then reopen inventory and clear what you typed to get the main inventory to show again. You're telling me that all that takes less time than quickly clicking a few pages? Rubbish. A handful of seconds is what it takes me to find what I want, even with the fragments clutter. As opposed to at least 15-20 seconds to use the search box and then get back to the main inventory. Now 10-15 seconds isn't much, but the point is that it's just slower, so why do it?

xivarmy

What do you do when you don't know what you're looking for? When I'm doing a city remodel, I do actually click through the relevant pages to see what's there. You know what's not relevant? Incomplete fragment sets. Which is a bunch of pages of nope nope nope that *serve no purpose*.

It's great that you're happy with the facilities currently provided. Not everyone is. They may play differently than you. They may find the existing search to be counterproductive because it can't search for contents of things like an Epic Kit that they might want to use for their Mountain Reserve. And unless their suggestion causes you harm in some way you could really drop the "lol use search" responses you keep spitting out.

---

If you do see a problem with the suggestion that fragments need not be shown in main inventory (not "that's the way it is" but why you *want* to see them there), then that's a point of discussion. If for instance you want to see *complete* fragment sets when you do your lolsearch, you could make the suggestion that only incomplete fragment sets be hidden in main inventory - which would line up with the description:

1685125919921.png

Because incomplete fragment sets are neither usable nor placeable.

Ebeondi Asi

You can find Epic Wildlife Kit by typing in epi to find them. All items you can tyoe in a few letters... they do not have to be first or whatever, just so they are in a row. So I can find Epic Wildlife by typing in Epi or wild or ife
Same thing with players name. all you need a few letter or numbers.

Johnny B. Goode

You can find Epic Wildlife Kit by typing in epi to find them. All items you can tyoe in a few letters... they do not have to be first or whatever, just so they are in a row. So I can find Epic Wildlife by typing in Epi or wild or ife
Thanks, Einstein, we didn't know that. :rolleyes:

xivarmy

The point is if I'm looking to see if I have enough parts to put up a new Eagle Mountain, I have to do 2 searches at least to find out if I have enough. If the search for the Mountain also displayed the Epic Wildlife Kit because it contains the mountain, search would be more useful. But since it doesn't it *can* be faster to scroll through inventory without any search terminology and see both a couple pages apart from each other. Along with perhaps something else you'd forgotten that may also contain what you're looking for.

Graviton

Why don't you stop commenting on other players and comment on the game. This is not your personal forum. Some of us paid a lot of money to play this game and do not feel gratitude for being completely ignored.
Why don't you stop trying to police the forum? There are mods for that. Report and ignore.

P C C

Since nobody has mentioned it, I'll note that the implementation on mobile does remove the fragments from the main inventory tab and I think I like it. It also changed the order in which the remaining items appear in inventory. For now, that doesn't seem a plus. But maybe once I'm used to it I'll prefer it.

qaccy

What do you do when you don't know what you're looking for? When I'm doing a city remodel, I do actually click through the relevant pages to see what's there. You know what's not relevant? Incomplete fragment sets. Which is a bunch of pages of nope nope nope that *serve no purpose*.
...why wouldn't you know what you're looking for in your own inventory? o_O Now it really sounds more like a player problem than a dev problem, if players apparently can't keep track of their own things. If I'm opening my inventory, I know exactly why I'm doing it because I know what I'm looking for because it's my inventory. This isn't like browsing a shop where I'm deciding if or what to buy. I'm looking at stuff I already own. No surprises or mysteries here. I do indeed have a bunch of stuff in there that I'll probably never use, but it's also really not a big deal to just manually ignore it and use the stuff I want.

It's great that you're happy with the facilities currently provided. Not everyone is. They may play differently than you. They may find the existing search to be counterproductive because it can't search for contents of things like an Epic Kit that they might want to use for their Mountain Reserve. And unless their suggestion causes you harm in some way you could really drop the "lol use search" responses you keep spitting out.
The search works just fine, under the above assumption that you actually know what you're looking for in your own inventory. If you don't, is that really a problem that Inno needs to solve? This kinda just sounds more like whining to me over frivolous stuff that doesn't really matter. And yes, I'm aware of the irony. I just don't like the idea of the devs wasting time on said frivolous stuff in an attempt to satisfy a minority of players who in all likelihood will never actually be satisfied. I mean, when even a bonus day for an event is received with contempt, that says more about these players than I ever could.