• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

feedback for Winter event 2023

CENTAUR of SD

In 2023 Winter Beta Day 31:Winter Wonder Retreat Selection Kit - What is this? What does it provide?
The pic does not look like a lvl 1 Winter Wonderland.
Well - I found it in the "official" Inno announcement -
Capy's Winter Holiday Spa (3x2) negative happy and peeps but lots of positives
Magical Winter Snow Globe (2x3) negative happy and peeps but lots of positives

Last edited:

Athanofthered

Why do most of the winter buildings have huge happiness hits (Future age):

Snow Globe: -10,530
Holiday Spa: -10,530
Nog Emporium: -10,530

Inno wants us to spend money and diamonds on the events but then they punish us with happiness? My Future age city isn't even enthusiastic so putting these down may hurt a bit.

Aren't people usually happy during Winter / Christmas festivals?
It's most likely a clawblack on happiness so people will spend more money on it in the future.

Pericles the Lion

It's most likely a clawblack on happiness so people will spend more money on it in the future.
The consequence of an "angry" population is a 50% reduction in both coin and supply production. Except for very early era players, coins and supplies should not be a problem. If they do become a problem, the "angry" reduction can be offset by building the LoA (supply boost) and/or the SMB (coin boost). I doubt that there would be a need to spend money to boost happiness.

Athanofthered

The consequence of an "angry" population is a 50% reduction in both coin and supply production. Except for very early era players, coins and supplies should not be a problem. If they do become a problem, the "angry" reduction can be offset by building the LoA (supply boost) and/or the SMB (coin boost). I doubt that there would be a need to spend money to boost happiness.
I said that's probably the reason they did it not that it was going to be effective lol.

Xenosaur

Yup, they're going to rotate through all the "stuff" we make and take for granted, to test complacent city design, or non-resource hardened game strategies.
The aid brewing issues is again, challenging the core game DNA - this time via the concept (worth) of having a social structure (humans!) inside the game that theoretically cross-share responsibilities to aid/polish to mutual benefit. That has slowed to a crawl, and in some cases - stopped completely.

We should be like chimps that pick nits out of each other's fur - for mutual benefit. However, once people get their 15 nutcrackers - they won't have to..

Ebeondi Asi

inside the game that theoretically cross-share responsibilities to aid/polish to mutual benefit. That has slowed to a crawl, and in some cases - stopped completely.
The advertisements to be allowed to auto aid... Mostly to blame for that.
One hand fails to wash the other, because it was cut off by some idiot bean counter thinking "We can make some money off this by forcing players to watch advertisements".

Last edited:

Karen Isaacsdottir

I'm mildly curious ... A horizontal windmill on top? Why hire talented artists to create something so ugly and ridiculous?
The originals had candles; the heat rising from the candle flames would move the windmill. The functionality is clearer in this one:

Attachments

• 81587_XXX_v1.jpg
    81587_XXX_v1.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 1

jaymoney23456

The direction Coin production is heading with so many new buildings not have much, or none... , in a year plus... Coins will become a problem again for many players who did not prepare for the losses.. Just sayin'
It doesn't take many event buildings with coins to ensure you still get more than enough and some recent ones like the autumn vineyard bucccaners bay and more still give good amt of coins and many players have 10s of Gs of coins at least already built up

Sunslinger

Depending on where you are in the game it might be a better idea to go for two Golden Choc's, one if you land in Silver and the other when you get 460 progress. Diamond spending might be necessary to ensure Silver, we'll see after blowing the stack on Epic Winter Day. The Nut's Lvl 1 don't intrigue me atm, but the Lvl 2's do. The only way to get the Level 2 Nut's is to have the golden Choc's afaik. So long term and quality wise two Golden Choc's will produce a Nut Lvl 1 or 2 every 33 days, shorter with the BG.

Sharmon the Impaler

It doesn't take many event buildings with coins to ensure you still get more than enough and some recent ones like the autumn vineyard bucccaners bay and more still give good amt of coins and many players have 10s of Gs of coins at least already built up
I get 165 million coins per day and have 63.4 billion, coins will not be a problem.

Ebeondi Asi

I remember (as a newbie player) bragging to a Guild leader I had 38,000 Coins saved up.
I cherish that silly memory to remind myself what it was like when i started.

I now have between 600G and 810G Coins in my three Worlds (I want to reach a Trillion. )... :p

razorview

I’m in silver league, at least a dozen sets of chances for calendar key, and it’s only been in ONE set. Same thing being said on FB. Thanks Inno. So generous.

Now I also just noticed we only get 1 or 2 matches, not 3. Why not just call these mini games “We want you to spend diamonds”?
Same here. I've almost finished the 4th round of winter prizes and have not seen a single set of 3 matches.