• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Feedback Mobile Chat

Kallikrates

This is a significant update the mobile version and is much appreciated. Any plans, however, to bring in any of the other desktop-only features to the mobile version, namely the 5 diamond auto-collection feature (screenshot attached in case I haven't described it properly) and GvG?

IMG_20200928_174517.jpg

Fast communication? The new message centre slowed things down a lot (often just close it and don’t bother opening again after several seconds of lag), does this help fix that?

Edit: Ok, seems to be opening pretty fast now.

Nice add on.

Last edited:

Kallikrates

Do you have feedback about the new Mobile Chat feature that will be implemented today?

The chat feature is looking quite good. Just one slight issue, though. The previous messages on the guild chat tab from the desktop version have been migrated with only time stamps but no date stamps. This makes it a little difficult to figure out a certain thread of conversation. Any way that could be fixed?

AwesomeAadi10

THANK YOU! Now I don’t have to go on a computer every time I want to go to the global chat for a goods dealer, and want to jump on someone’s GB when I have only 1 or 2 BPs left!

Agent327

This is a significant update the mobile version and is much appreciated. Any plans, however, to bring in any of the other desktop-only features to the mobile version, namely the 5 diamond auto-collection feature (screenshot attached in case I haven't described it properly) and GvG?

View attachment 17246

Only plans about GvG are sure. Never.

The chat feature is looking quite good. Just one slight issue, though. The previous messages on the guild chat tab from the desktop version have been migrated with only time stamps but no date stamps. This makes it a little difficult to figure out a certain thread of conversation. Any way that could be fixed?

Does not have to be fixed. Chat has never had datestamps.

Kallikrates

Only plans about GvG are sure. Never.

Oh, that's unfortunate. Would've been nice. But doesn't affect me too much personally coz I have never been too big on GvG. But regarding the auto-collect feature, it would be great if that could be considered for the mobile version in future coz its a simple and unobtrusive enough feature but is extremely useful and really changes the gameplay.

Ericness

This is nice for some I guess, but I'd rather go the other way and see chat die out. The global one is an absolute tire fire of toxic talkers, right wing lunatics, and spammers. Easy enough to ignore it at least.

Last edited by a moderator:

gianteagle

Haha.. all you mobile players will soon find out how utterly USELESS global chat is. It is 99% noob-nerds blabbing about irrelevance. (If you look up the cities of the global chatters, they will be almost all in bronze age)
the 1% is someone advertising goods deals, but it is instantly covered up by fluff, so you never see it.
enjoy!
exactly. there is no point in global chat on browser. THe forum is different because it sorts content but global chat is a useless feature

Tytan the Great

Agreed, global chat is just for fun and giggles. I spent 5 min there seeing people arguing about everything and anything. For guild chat, I’m gonna wait and see how it works during GBG. I’m on IPad, so I don’t know how the chat windows gonna effect the visibility of the map, and the actual fights. We shall see in 3 days.

Vger

Haha.. all you mobile players will soon find out how utterly USELESS global chat is.
I prefer Neighborhood Chat. Also USELESS, but it's much quieter there.
Really puzzled why Inno thought it was worth the effort to bring this feature to mobile. Would have been better to just kill the feature on PC and be done with it. Nobody would care.