• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Feedback regarding Change of GvG Time

DeletedUser4770

Dear Players,

We are interested in your feedback regarding changing the GvG daily calculation back to its original time.
Thank you for your feedback and for your loyalty.

Sincerely yours,
Forge of Empires Team

DeletedUser23144

I DON'T LIKE IT NOW THE NEWER GUILD WON'T BE ABLE TO GET A FOOTHOLD INTO THE GVG CUZ ALL THE TOP GUILD WILL ALREADY HAVE IT SO IT NEEDS TO CHANGE BACK TO 10AM OR GET RID OF THE PROTECTION TIME PERIOD

DeletedUser12884

?? I would like to know who are the people that were complaining? Was it people from the top guilds? I liked having the clockchange at 10 a.m. Not impressed that it is getting changed back to 8 p.m. EST

DeletedUser23144

?? I would like to know who are the people that were complaining? Was it people from the top guilds? I liked having the clockchange at 10 a.m. Not impressed that it is getting changed back to 8 p.m. EST

YES THEY WERE THE ONES COMPLAINING ALONG WITH THE PROPOSALS THEY THEY HAVE OUT WHICH IM AGAINST

DeletedUser12884

I am not one to post alot of comments, I rarely complain about much in life. It seems to me though, that complainers are the ones who are catered to the most, not only in this game but in real life. . .

Why not cater to everyone and change the daily calculation times every week or move it on a continual basis of an hour each day. . . Then it is fair to everyone, not just the people who play from 7-10 p.m. EST

DeletedUser23144

I am not one to post alot of comments, I rarely complain about much in life. It seems to me though, that complainers are the ones who are catered to the most, not only in this game but in real life. . .

Why not cater to everyone and change the daily calculation times every week or move it on a continual basis of an hour each day. . . Then it is fair to everyone, not just the people who play from 7-10 p.m. EST
PUT THAT IN A PROPOSAL U WILL GET MY VOTE AND I USUALLY PLAY UP TO 12 HRS A DAY

DeletedUser19236

I DON'T LIKE IT NOW THE NEWER GUILD WON'T BE ABLE TO GET A FOOTHOLD INTO THE GVG CUZ ALL THE TOP GUILD WILL ALREADY HAVE IT SO IT NEEDS TO CHANGE BACK TO 10AM OR GET RID OF THE PROTECTION TIME PERIOD

It seems FoE just cant please anyone haha look to all FoE has had a ton of feed back nd this time they have actully listened to us the player who are loyal and dedicated to FoE because of everything it brings. Truly love this Game it has helped me and my father spend time together even though we were 3500 miles apart while I was stationed in Alaska. Yes the top guilds do have alot but they have also been here for some time and some from the beginning so it would be expected for them to hold mos land and if you want to survive then Build up your city start a guild or join a Guild Like Eagles Claw. We started with a rank of 263 woith 6 members and now we are top 20 and with 40 members finally. This game takes time, Skill. and strategy. You have too make friends and their will be enemies but thats the point of the game and I am sure the top guilds love being on top but they also want friendly competition so build up and give them a run for their money so to speak or make friends with. The biggest thing I would say is to stay loyal and look out for backstabbers but its about winning so when in GvG all is fair in love and war you.

Sorry bout the rant I knew their would be some to complain there are always some that will. Personally I like the switch back to 2000 it works the best for most working class and is not too late for the retirees so if you have a complaint have something to back it up and not just a whine. if there is a problem you are experiencing then present a solution of some kind to fix it and then maybe when the Devs or Mods read all of our messages they may get an idea they haven't thought about yet and that may fix the problem. Either sorry about the rant I just understand when a company does what it's employees ask for then they should be happy. Are there other problems yes could it get fixed most definitely. So try giving solution even if they don't listen right here and now you need to remember you are one of over a couple million players. So you will not make all happy but you can take the majority and listen hence the polls we vote on and etc. Ok I am done for now once again I apologize for the rant I just don't understand with something goo happens people complain and this time they let us know about the upcoming change in advance so we can prepare for it. So rant and rave all you I have said my piece. For the player with ALL CAPS I HOPE YOUR EYES GET BETTER THEY HAVE CAME OUT WITH SOME GREAT ADVANCES NOW A DAYS WHEN IT COMES TO FIXING EYES AND BLINDNESS BEST OF LUCK AND HOPE THE BEST FOR YOU.

Sincerely and Respectfully.

Poncho the Bear

DeletedUser7289

Thank you for putting the time back. While it was not a big deal for me personally (my schedule is completely inconsistent), the evening rollover worked much better for most of my guild members. Obviously, any particular time will be inconvenient for someone but the 8pm eastern seems to work best for the most people.

DeletedUser10415

Changing back to 8pm Eastern was a sound business decision, as the majority of the game-playing public are either in school or at work in the morning and through afternoon. That said, 9pm Eastern might be better still, as that would give players on Pacific time who work a 9-5 job or have after-school activities a little more wiggle room before recalc.

While I was neither for or against the change in the first place, I am quite active in GvG and have lots of GVG associates - 90% of which were very unhappy with the change to 10am Eastern, and are now quite pleased it is going back to 8pm Eastern. So, job well done, Inno.

I will suggest that if there is imminent danger of a meltdown or whatever, and you need to alter the recalc time temporarily, that you let your FoE game community know ahead of time, and give them an estimate of how long the inconvenience is going to last. A little clear communication with your playerbase can go a long way.

DeletedUser17558

Pick a time and stick with it. It makes leadership look weak to make a decision and then cave to the vocal minority. Not one person in my guild complained about the time change, but we don't play to hold land, so it didn't really affect us.

DeletedUser16673

As in life... a vocal minority often over rules a silent majority.
The majority do not use the forum.
The majority do not play GvG but they are effected by it.
I thoroughly enjoyed the new time as long as it lasted.
I'd prefer a weekly or monthly change in the recalc....good for all, not just those entrenched in their 8 - 9:00PM adrenaline rush.

DeletedUser8944

Thank you INNO for seeing the light!!!!! We were going to lose a lot of players because of that time change to 10am, 8pm is a much better time for the Majority of the paying member of this game, who btw keep this game running

DeletedUser10789

I believe you all know where I stand on this issue, as it was my proposal that garnered all those 11+ pages of feedback, support and not so supportive opinions as well.
What you all fail to see is one MAJOR thing, it was NOT a minority issue it was a MAJORITY Issue and for those AGAIN whom do not understand it is all about us all WINNING.
Yes, we all WON. Why you ask, well, "the game" INNO saw an issue and a problem and is now in the process of fixing it to MAKE THE GAME BETTER. We have all experienced lag and performance issues, NOW "the game" and INNO will be fixing this issue. SO, how can anyone say this is NOT a WIN for all of us.?
Granted, 8pm. est., is NOT a perfect time for all, that is what the game decided to go from the start and guilds, players and GvG was based on this. I strongly suggest that is any of you want to float a proposal on a REAL TIME CHANGE, like 9pm. est or 10pm est., post it up and I will gladly support it for you. Not that my opinion means anything and I am just another voice here, 8pm. is far better than 10 am est or 7am est and we all know that is a FACT too.
Thank you INNO for doing what is right and for listening to us and your feedback. Me personally, I greatly appreciate that. Now, back to GvG all.

DeletedUser15572

I think changing back and forth with such a short notice is ridiculous. It has been accepted that 10 am is now the reset time, and back to 8 pm again....sigh. FoE need a twist in the game from time to time rather than being traditional, which makes the game uninteresting. Let me ask you, how many have complaint about the change of GVG time compared to those who have accepted or stayed neutral. I certainly doubt the number of complaints would have been any higher than 10%. Does that 10% makes so much difference compared to the 90% who have accepted the change that you now need to change it back again. I suggest you run a poll on reset time change and better fix it at a time preferred by the majority. Thanks.

DeletedUser11609

As in life... a vocal minority often over rules a silent majority.
The majority do not use the forum.
The majority do not play GvG but they are effected by it.
I thoroughly enjoyed the new time as long as it lasted.
I'd prefer a weekly or monthly change in the recalc....good for all, not just those entrenched in their 8 - 9:00PM adrenaline rush.

Please provide documentation as to this being a minority wish....The only way to judge the effect is by feedback, that feedback has been 90%+ negative...How do you know that the "silent majority" didn't want it changed back?

GvG never belonged involved with recalc...
Setting an arbitrary time during the day for dropping hex protection never made a bit of sense, simply lazy coding using an existing event, rather than doing it properly.
Hex protection should be attached and timed for each hex, with the timer running after the hex is taken. Perhaps even a bit of randomness in the timer, with say somewhere between 22-26 hrs protection time. Time displayed on the hex popup for all to see.
This would have been the proper way to handle it, hopefully Inno will consider it, but they haven't shown the willingness to invest in fixes, so I'm not holding my breath.

DeletedUser23235

Thank you inno for listening!
Also, many many people I know were not happy with it, but did not go to the forums 'cause they figured inno would not listen... they were wrong lol.

DeletedUser10415

{Blah blah blah} the vocal minority {blah blah blah}.

We're all the vocal minority. All of us here participating on the forum. The majority of players do not come here. They couldn't care less what changes are made or not made. They see FoE as a browser game they'll play for a few minutes here and there when they're bored. Though they probably account for a large percentage of the game's revenue, it's also a given that they're likely not spending much individually. Quite unlike the vocal minority, of which most have probably bought diamonds more than once, because they are invested in the community aspect of the game. Not just the forum, but in the game. They have friends on their friends list. They trade. They compete and/or cooperate for FP and BP on GBs They're active in guilds, some of which participate in GvG. Without them, the game would be lifeless, and thus not nearly as profitable. And so smart MMOG publishers try to keep the vocal minority happy, or at least not in open revolt.

And this recalc time change from 8pm to 10am did trigger open revolt. The vocal minority's ranks swelled. Players joined the forum who'd never participated before, just to voice their displeasure with the change.

In this case, within the vocal minority, yours is even a smaller vocal minority opinion, so if you don't think Inno should be paying attention to vocal minorities, why do you persist? That's a 'Having your cake and eating it too' situation.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser19236

hip hip horay time change rocks and so does EAGLES CLAW come join us and see what you like about