• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Fellowship Event 2023 Feedback

xivarmy

That's ridiculous. You basically get an extra Sunhaven Palace, assuming you progress far enough. As good as the building is I'd call that a pretty significant long term advantage.

Not to mention all the Grilling Groves and Legendary Lodge upgrades.

Whoever wrote that must have known they were telling a lie, otherwise they are really ignorant about the game.
Given the rate event buildings are still ramping up in power, there's a good chance that anything you win in an event still does not convey a longterm advantage (with some exceptions maybe where a building is absolutely perfect for your purpose). Because 4 months from now there'll be much better things to have won.

i.e. given you're considering removing your trees of vitality, how much of an advantage did st pat's really convey to you when they didn't even make it 4 months.

Twin23

Not being offered the gold event pass while others are able to purchase it is completely unfair. There is a noticeable big discrepancies in the reward system compared to other players.

I have been a devoted player of Forge of Empires and have greatly enjoyed my experience so far. However, this situation has caused considerable frustration and disappointment, as it seems that I am not being afforded the same opportunities as other players.

Just An Observer

I'd love to give this a try but the game is so slow and internal server errors keep popping up.
Internal Server Error...this was hitting me for a couple of weeks. Problem was solved by upgrading the modem with Spectrum being my ISP/cable provider. The modem I was using was a bit over 2 years old. It sure surprised me that it was obsolete so quickly! Upload speed went from 8Mb to 20...Download speed went from 11Mb to 120Mb. What was a marginal situation got turned around majorly!

OK, I've been playing this game for years, working my way through SAT at the moment, and this, like the St. Patricks event, is always a drag. Clearly I'm missing something. Since there seems to be a handful of folks here that seem to get it, somebody please tell me where I'm going wrong. Am I spending too much on overseers/managers? Should I focus more on moving in to new towns/banquets? Is the Max button useful or wasteful? Frankly, I'm lost. I'm sure there's one trick or piece of info that will clear the fog in my understanding of the game. Advice, please...for love of God....

xivarmy

OK, I've been playing this game for years, working my way through SAT at the moment, and this, like the St. Patricks event, is always a drag. Clearly I'm missing something. Since there seems to be a handful of folks here that seem to get it, somebody please tell me where I'm going wrong. Am I spending too much on overseers/managers? Should I focus more on moving in to new towns/banquets? Is the Max button useful or wasteful? Frankly, I'm lost. I'm sure there's one trick or piece of info that will clear the fog in my understanding of the game. Advice, please...for love of God....
You should only spend what you need to on managers. Other than carriage/banquet they primarily only are needed to pass tasks (and you can skip some of the more expensive ones asked for by tasks too). Carriage/Banquet *do* speed up your run significantly if you buy a higher level - but obviously if you run a lot of cities, that cost adds up.

You should generally prefer to do more banquets - when the tasks for the current banquet are too expensive or time consuming, it's time to make the currency to move on. You generally want to get to banquet 300, carriage 300, butcher 50 to make the currency to move on.

The max button exists to save clicks. Frequently you want to upgrade a manager to the next tier, max does it in one click (provided you have the currency to do so atm) - it doesn't change the cost of anything. It can also be wasteful if you have a lot of currency and click on the wrong button though (spend all your Q on the spice shop! whoops!).

Savvy187

Reskinned St. patty event. this will be the first event I skip altogether in 4+ years of playing. The lack of Innovation on display by Inno here is astounding. Fortunately people are happy to fork over money for absolutely no reason it seems, lol. I will continue to play this game in my limited free time as i do enjoy listening to people rationalize giving these clowns money, lol.

qaccy

Reskinned St. patty event. this will be the first event I skip altogether in 4+ years of playing. The lack of Innovation on display by Inno here is astounding. Fortunately people are happy to fork over money for absolutely no reason it seems, lol. I will continue to play this game in my limited free time as i do enjoy listening to people rationalize giving these clowns money, lol.
Took you 4 years of reskinned events to finally skip one? You make it sound like this is a new concept!

Ebeondi Asi

I got the Golden reward. many players who did not are pretty angry they can't have it. seems a case of schadenfreude?
The Golden rewards worked on me. i was going to soft pedal the Event, but with the Golden reward.. Might as well play it for real. LoL
PC buy the Golden reward first!!! then you get the Silver free. The silver first I don't know what will happen?

Last edited:

Ebeondi Asi

I take most good offers of Diamonds. Then can give me a 200% offer. anytime. twice days in a row, three days, four.. no problem by me.
I guess we all see what we want to see.

Ebeondi Asi

Wow you can do what you want. I would call it is rage quit. The imaginary straw that broke the camels back. And since you already knew they do not give refunds, it was a futile quest you decided to turn into a big deal, maybe unconsciously? You can change your mind after you think about tossing years of work over some trivial stuff. You have five days t ocool off I believe? But you are free to do what you choose. Gads.. LOL
On the other hand seems Foe was no longer right for you, maybe take up checkers? Good luck anyway. Whatever you finally decide

LoveNkind

You Tube--Mooing Cat--Fellowship Event

Ebeondi Asi

On a different note the Event running to 8.4 Q does seem easier than the St Pats. Maybe it is just me knowing what to do?
Agree go watch Mooingcat videos if you are confused on how to play the minigame

mellofax

FOE Team
Co-Community Manager
All posts relating to support tickets and refunds removed. This thread is for event feedback so please keep on topic.

Dursland

Someone just had an interesting take about the A/B testing.

"First people complained they introduce pay-passes, now you have people lining up and wanting to pay more."

Finally - first thing I've heard that makes any sense at all.

On another note I'm at 298 for Carriage on Town 2. Takes just as long as I remember in St Patrick's lol.

Pericles the Lion

It doesn't matter what the very highest person does - it matters what the edge of the top percentile player does.

I expect that to be closer to 21 cities (@ 30+ tasks each). And either way, we'll be able to see pretty early what the pace is to belong in gold, because very few people are going to "whale at the end" to move up unlike most events - this minigame does not favor sudden moves.

So if you start out at close to the best pace you're willing to go at, you can see whether or not that'll be enough - and decide not to spend to keep it up if you won't make it anyways :)
So, for a brief moment this morning I was in Gold League. :) Now, after a little more than 24 hours, I'm half-way thru city #2 and am 17 tasks out of Gold. If the whales continue at this rate the Gold cutoff is going to be over 750, at least on T world. Yours was good advice though. There's no way that I would try to keep pace with players spending to do 30+ towns. I'm going to dial my strategy back and be satisfied with one full Event building.

xivarmy

So, for a brief moment this morning I was in Gold League. :) Now, after a little more than 24 hours, I'm half-way thru city #2 and am 17 tasks out of Gold. If the whales continue at this rate the Gold cutoff is going to be over 750, at least on T world. Yours was good advice though. There's no way that I would try to keep pace with players spending to do 30+ towns. I'm going to dial my strategy back and be satisfied with one full Event building.
Carthage where I might be trying for it I'm at 47 and gold cutoff is at 56. It's just pulled ahead of me significantly in the last few hours. Be a few more days before I start to draw a conclusion though, because when I get my 3rd city (1st short one was done in under an hour; 2nd city with 4/4 managers is on the waiting for 8.4Q phase) started in ~4-5 hours time I'll jump up into gold again most likely.

I'm likely headed to 750 tasks there regardless to get 3 Palaces (assumes at least silver). My plan for that involves a slowdown to 1 a day after a frantic first week to finish city 10 (out of 24 I plan to complete). So that'll likely be the point where I decide if I'm safe for gold, or if I need to keep up the pace I started at to get gold, or if i'm not likely to get gold even if i do.

Easiest way to "show" 56 right now is if you went a bit further than i did in the first city (i.e. spent more on managers), but still ended it early and have done about the same as I did in the 2nd city (i've gained like 4 tasks in the last 8 hours - so even if you're 8 hours behind me on the 2nd city, that's not much of a difference taskwise) Which doesn't necessarily make them faster in the long run.