• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Finally screwed over Constant sniper: Here is how

DeletedUser2196

If anyone has been watching my proposal, I was trying to get them to upgrade the ignore option in FOE to include banning players from donating to GBs. I was suggesting this because more than one person have been sniping my FP trading partners. Screwing them out of FP that they need to grow. Anyway, my proposal didnt gain any sort of positive response. Pretty it is dead in the water.

As I mentioned in my prosposal thread and in a different discussion thread. I tried everything to ask this guy to stop sniping my fp partners or to stop locking in on my gb. Asked nicely, threaten to snipe him back, tried leaving my gb at 100FP til level so my FP partner could level it himself and then sercure fast, etc. etc. Nothing worked... But just a few hours ago... I did something that made him lose out on 240FP that made me extremely glad.

My FP partner had just level my arc and was sercuring it when the sniper came in. So the previous night i had reposition my GB so i can easily disconnect it if I want. I let the sniper donate close to 1k FP.. he was like 100-300 from locking in first place. Once I saw him hit that 1k i disconncted my GB. He could no longer donate to it. We waited for about a hour and a half. I reconnected my GB and let my FP partner sercured first place!

The sniper got 2nd but he still lost out on 240FP. So this was a major lost for him. I am wondering now if this will be the deciding factor. Will he try to snipe my FP partners again on my GBs? Or did he learn his lesson? Time will tell.

DeletedUser24787

and you said my suggestion was a extreme seems it worked in your favor
just keep a look out since you will be due a force level so he can rush the top reward spot and maybe make up his loss on your current level

Algona

Nice job! And as I said in your Proposal thread, better to learn advanced play techniques instead of changing the game.

If you continue to trap the sniper everyone wins. Except him. Your Proposal would have taken away the opportunity for you to profit from your inventiveness and game play.

DeletedUser26965

Yeah I agree with not changing the game for this. The GB may be yours to do what you want with but no one, not even your trading partners, has a right to placement on GB's. I'm surprised no one mentioned disconnecting the GB to you, had I saw any of your posts on this that's the first thing I would have mentioned lol.

Last edited by a moderator:

qaccy

Nicely done. Glad you caught it and hopefully taught them a lesson since they weren't listening to your requests. You'll probably have to keep doing it though.

DeletedUser28670

You will have to thank the sniper for helping you level it :D

DeletedUser28670

See, this is why you didn't need that proposal. If that was implemented, you would have lost out on close to 1k of free help for the sniper.

DeletedUser26120

I am in a 3 way swap, all swapping to arcs and we had this same problem. One guy would come in and snipe us.

So we got together and waited until he'd donated a good bit then we both went and dumped a combined 500 fp to lock him out to 3rd.

There are ways to deter snipers even without disconnecting your GB. Good luck.