• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

FOE Freedom!

JJ597

What is FOE Freedom, you ask! I'll tell you. It's a number of things, 1) reducing the number of cities you play GE in, due to diamond rewards being nerfed, 2) leaving a guild with minimum requirements for GBG, but aren't in the top 3 in Diamond League, so will never get the top level reward buildings, 3) Same thing with QI, if your not in the top 3, good luck getting those buildings. FOE Freedom also means, not playing the Anniversary event in multiple worlds.

AAA12AAA

What is FOE Freedom, you ask! I'll tell you. It's a number of things, 1) reducing the number of cities you play GE in, due to diamond rewards being nerfed, 2) leaving a guild with minimum requirements for GBG, but aren't in the top 3 in Diamond League, so will never get the top level reward buildings, 3) Same thing with QI, if your not in the top 3, good luck getting those buildings. FOE Freedom also means, not playing the Anniversary event in multiple worlds.
Get your self a solo guild. You can do whatever you want whenever you want. That is bald eagle level of freedom.
GM of solo guild Marketing (self appointed)

Roaddog88

True FOE freedom is playing the game for enjoyment and not caring about the others around you are doing. Upset you are not getting the diamonds you used to...QUIT. Having to pay to get the more advance buildings....BOO HOO. The company is trying to make money. Don't like the direction the game is going... Waa Waa. Put on your gamer pants and play or .....QUIT. You will not be missed. I have been playing on and off for a few years now and I am just sick and tired of all the bawl babies crying about the game. DONT LIKE IT......QUIT PLAYING. YOU WILL NOT BE MISSED.

Ebeondi Asi

True FOE freedom is playing the game for enjoyment and not caring about the others around you are doing. Upset you are not getting the diamonds you used to...QUIT. Having to pay to get the more advance buildings....BOO HOO. The company is trying to make money. Don't like the direction the game is going... Waa Waa. Put on your gamer pants and play or .....QUIT. You will not be missed. I have been playing on and off for a few years now and I am just sick and tired of all the bawl babies crying about the game. DONT LIKE IT......QUIT PLAYING. YOU WILL NOT BE MISSED.
AMEN !

Johnny B. Goode

Get your self a solo guild. You can do whatever you want whenever you want. That is bald eagle level of freedom.
GM of solo guild Marketing (self appointed)
A player would be better off joining a guild with no minimum requirements. There are hundreds of them.
@AAA12AAA is correct. A solo guild is way, way better than a guild with no minimum requirements (GWNMR for short). I am speaking from long experience with both. So many downsides to a GWNMR, even if you're a leader. Worse if you're not. About the only downsides to a solo guild are not being eligible for the GE weekly championship, and having no one else to help with QI. And of course GBG. Not one of those is better in a GWNMR, however. GE weekly championship? You're not going to get far there if no one is required to even minimally participate. They may not even open all levels, sometimes none at all. QI? Players in a GWNMR are not even going to understand how to play QI, let alone be effective there, so you'll be basically on your own there, too. GBG? You'll probably be fighting alone there, too, in a GWNMR.

Again, I have tried GWNMRs over the years several times. Leadership, when it exists at all, is poor at best. There's no dialogue. There's little GB support. It's like being in a solo guild, but you can't do what you want in GE or GBG because of the lack of participation by members and apathy of leadership. I always go back to being in a solo guild. And lament the Treasury goods I wasted in the GWNMR.

To me, there are only two choices in FoE. Be in an active guild with minimum requirements that are enforced, or be in a solo guild. Anything in between is just an exercise in frustration. Unless, of course, you're an even more casual player than I am.
None of the rest of your post has anything to do with the first line of it. That being said, if you don't like seeing complaints about the game, don't come to the Forum. You will not be missed. And definitely don't read feedback threads. And if all you have to contribute is your personal opinion of other players, then you really can just take that crap and stuff it. Take your own advice and quit crying about what others are saying and just play the stinking game if you still love it so much. There are already enough Inno fanbois/cheerleaders here ready and willing to jump on any negative feedback as it is. We don't need another one just repeating the same tired "get over it" BS.

Pericles the Lion

@AAA12AAA is correct. A solo guild is way, way better than a guild with no minimum requirements (GWNMR for short). I am speaking from long experience with both. So many downsides to a GWNMR, even if you're a leader. Worse if you're not. About the only downsides to a solo guild are not being eligible for the GE weekly championship, and having no one else to help with QI. And of course GBG. Not one of those is better in a GWNMR, however. GE weekly championship? You're not going to get far there if no one is required to even minimally participate. They may not even open all levels, sometimes none at all. QI? Players in a GWNMR are not even going to understand how to play QI, let alone be effective there, so you'll be basically on your own there, too. GBG? You'll probably be fighting alone there, too, in a GWNMR.

Again, I have tried GWNMRs over the years several times. Leadership, when it exists at all, is poor at best. There's no dialogue. There's little GB support. It's like being in a solo guild, but you can't do what you want in GE or GBG because of the lack of participation by members and apathy of leadership. I always go back to being in a solo guild. And lament the Treasury goods I wasted in the GWNMR.

To me, there are only two choices in FoE. Be in an active guild with minimum requirements that are enforced, or be in a solo guild. Anything in between is just an exercise in frustration. Unless, of course, you're an even more casual player than I am.

None of the rest of your post has anything to do with the first line of it. That being said, if you don't like seeing complaints about the game, don't come to the Forum. You will not be missed. And definitely don't read feedback threads. And if all you have to contribute is your personal opinion of other players, then you really can just take that crap and stuff it. Take your own advice and quit crying about what others are saying and just play the stinking game if you still love it so much. There are already enough Inno fanbois/cheerleaders here ready and willing to jump on any negative feedback as it is. We don't need another one just repeating the same tired "get over it" BS.
You are generalizing about guilds with no minimums. While you may have had some bad experiences with them years ago that does not mean that all of these guilds are inferior to solo guilds. Although I will agree that a solo guild may be preferable to a multi-player guild with absentee leadership and mostly inactive members, I don't agree that solo guilds are better otherwise. It's not difficult to find a multiplayer guild, with no minimums, with players that help with 1.9s, trades, aiding, and such.

Ebeondi Asi

I care. Only because you don't!! o_O
I think this player is the center of the known universe, His every word passed down from the Immortals on high.
Or just high from too many Edibles?
Either way his pronouncements are True.

Chill out, take a back seat. Enjoy the ride to the bottom. It may take years to hit bottom if you have a well developed City.

Johnny B. Goode

You are generalizing about guilds with no minimums. While you may have had some bad experiences with them years ago that does not mean that all of these guilds are inferior to solo guilds. Although I will agree that a solo guild may be preferable to a multi-player guild with absentee leadership and mostly inactive members, I don't agree that solo guilds are better otherwise. It's not difficult to find a multiplayer guild, with no minimums, with players that help with 1.9s, trades, aiding, and such.
Years ago. LOL. You have no idea, do you? Absolutely no clue. I have been playing for 9 years. I have extensive experience on multiple worlds over several years in all kinds of guilds. And yes, it is difficult to find a multi-player guild that has no minimums yet has players that help with all that stuff. It is exceedingly rare. Players that will help with that consistently are (not always, but predominantly) going to be in guilds with at the very least minimum requirements. Players that are in no minimum requirement guilds are there because they don't want to be expected to do anything.

There are three types of guilds:
Multi-player guilds with minimum requirements for the members. These will vary from light to heavy requirements, and will also vary in which features they are active in and how active they are. Leadership quality in these guilds will also vary, from very good to absolutely horrible. For the player who wants to be active and take advantage of every facet and feature of the game, this is the best type of guild, but care must be taken in choosing a guild to be a permanent home*.
Multi-player guilds with no minimum requirements. These are almost always inconsistent in how active they are in the various game features. Even with the best leadership, there is no guarantee from one week to the next how beneficial the guild will be to its members. This type of guild is fine for the player who only wants to dabble in the game**. Since there are no requirements for members, sometimes facets and features of the game cannot be fully participated in, such as GE levels 2-5.
Solo guilds. This type of guild is best for players who want to be in full control of their game**. There is obviously the down side of not having the support of other players, as well as not being able to participate in the GE weekly championship. However, that is offset by having complete control of Treasury expenditures and when and how much to participate in game features.

The point is, you have no idea what other types of guilds are like. Yet you have so much of a "thing" against me that you dispute every single thing I say, despite your relatively short and limited experience, both with the game and with various types of guilds.

*While a player in this type of guild will be in control of their own city, they will have little to no control over the guild's actions or direction. Hence the need to find a guild with very good leadership.
**Obviously both some solo guilds and no-minimum guilds will have players who really have no clue about the game and/or rarely play except very, very casually.

Darkest.Knight

I'm reasonably consistent in play strategy but I'm not always in the mood or have time for the game, having essentially a solo guild serves my purposes. It's actually a 5 member guild w/just myself regularly participating, I leave them since their presence is meaningless. Just had a higher lvl joiner that hasn't immediately turned around and left, 2 players fighting will make it a lot easier, lol. Thought I'd check my guild standing, currently rank 47, I've improved since the last time I looked; Inno changes bumped me up some I'd guess.

lol, didn't realize I was being held captive, so I haven't really considered game "freedom."

Pericles the Lion

Years ago. LOL. You have no idea, do you? Absolutely no clue. I have been playing for 9 years. I have extensive experience on multiple worlds over several years in all kinds of guilds. And yes, it is difficult to find a multi-player guild that has no minimums yet has players that help with all that stuff. It is exceedingly rare. Players that will help with that consistently are (not always, but predominantly) going to be in guilds with at the very least minimum requirements. Players that are in no minimum requirement guilds are there because they don't want to be expected to do anything.
You may have "extensive experience" with multi-player guilds but it's not recent, not even close.

Johnny B. Goode

You may have "extensive experience" with multi-player guilds but it's not recent, not even close.
You have no clue. Absolutely none. Just because I don't advertise my every game playing move, you make assumptions about me. Almost all of them incorrect. Not to mention that the general dynamics of guilds does not change significantly. Of course, if you have evidence that they do, please share that evidence instead of just repeatedly and ignorantly attacking my credibility. Your credibility consists of always, without exception being an Inno cheerleader. Which means you actually have no credibility except in game mechanics. You are in one type of guild and have no experience in other types, recent or not. You really have no clue.

Pericles the Lion

You have no clue. Absolutely none. Just because I don't advertise my every game playing move, you make assumptions about me. Almost all of them incorrect. Not to mention that the general dynamics of guilds does not change significantly. Of course, if you have evidence that they do, please share that evidence instead of just repeatedly and ignorantly attacking my credibility. Your credibility consists of always, without exception being an Inno cheerleader. Which means you actually have no credibility except in game mechanics. You are in one type of guild and have no experience in other types, recent or not. You really have no clue.
Ever heard of ScoreDB? Amongst other things, it contains players' guild affiliations dating back to 2019.

Johnny B. Goode

Ever heard of ScoreDB? Amongst other things, it contains players' guild affiliations dating back to 2019.
LOL. Yeah, I've actually used that site at times in the past. Dubious reliability. For one thing, it only lists my current worlds/cities. If you had access to Inno's data, you would see that I've had way more than those 11 just in the past couple of years, let alone back to 2019. In fact, two of my cities just disappeared in the last week or so. And that doesn't even take into account the fact that I also have a Beta city, and a city on two other international servers under different names. But you keep on trying, I'm sure you'll be right some day.

Pericles the Lion

LOL. Yeah, I've actually used that site at times in the past. Dubious reliability. For one thing, it only lists my current worlds/cities. If you had access to Inno's data, you would see that I've had way more than those 11 just in the past couple of years, let alone back to 2019. In fact, two of my cities just disappeared in the last week or so. And that doesn't even take into account the fact that I also have a Beta city, and a city on two other international servers under different names. But you keep on trying, I'm sure you'll be right some day.
Nobody has access to INNO's data. However, when comparing ScoreDB's data with ForgeDB's there is a very strong correlation. ForgeDB has not been updated since late 2021 but it shows all of your current worlds as well as two minor cities on Dunsarund and Vingrid (both solo guilds) whereas ScoreDB show two new minor cities on Carthage and Angkor (both solo guilds). Point being, your knowledge of multi-player guilds is not grounded in recent (meaning the past five years) personal experience which renders your generalizations and stereotyping highly unreliable..

Johnny B. Goode

Nobody has access to INNO's data. However, when comparing ScoreDB's data with ForgeDB's there is a very strong correlation. ForgeDB has not been updated since late 2021 but it shows all of your current worlds as well as two minor cities on Dunsarund and Vingrid (both solo guilds) whereas ScoreDB show two new minor cities on Carthage and Angkor (both solo guilds). Point being, your knowledge of multi-player guilds is not grounded in recent (meaning the past five years) personal experience which renders your generalizations and stereotyping highly unreliable..
LOL. Wow, you just keep digging your hole, don't you? The "minor city" on Vingrid is and has been my main city for several years. And the "new minor city" on Angkor is at least my third different city on that world (same account, not push accounts). I have had multiple cities on almost every US server world over the last 9 years of playing, always on the same account and never two at the same time on the same world (which would be impossible anyway without using a separate account.) Sinerania and Vingrid are the two exceptions to that, as both are the original cities that I started on those worlds. Every other current city I have is at least the second city on that particular world. As recently as last fall I had a total of 15 cities in existence on the US servers, four more than I have now and 5 more than show on ForgeDB.

Your trouble is that you are relying on extremely limited data when you attempt to judge my credibility, whereas I am relying on extensive experience when speaking about guild dynamics. I see that you've been in many guilds on your 5 current worlds. How many of those were zero requirement guilds? Out of all the guilds you've been in, how many were ones you founded and ran? Were any of the guilds solo guilds?

Bottom line is that even if it were true (which it isn't) that all my guild experience was more than 3.5 years ago, you have not put forth any reason that guild dynamics might have changed since then. Honestly, the major change to guild dynamics happened long before you started playing, when the Arc took center stage in the game. And the change from Build menu buildings providing the majority of resources to event/special buildings and other sources doing it, thus making guild trading way less important, also happened before you started playing. Even GBG, with its farming of resources, predates your start in the game. So tell us what you think has happened in the last 3.5 years that has changed how the various guild types compare to one another.

Pericles the Lion

LOL. Wow, you just keep digging your hole, don't you? The "minor city" on Vingrid is and has been my main city for several years. And the "new minor city" on Angkor is at least my third different city on that world (same account, not push accounts). I have had multiple cities on almost every US server world over the last 9 years of playing, always on the same account and never two at the same time on the same world (which would be impossible anyway without using a separate account.) Sinerania and Vingrid are the two exceptions to that, as both are the original cities that I started on those worlds. Every other current city I have is at least the second city on that particular world. As recently as last fall I had a total of 15 cities in existence on the US servers, four more than I have now and 5 more than show on ForgeDB.

Your trouble is that you are relying on extremely limited data when you attempt to judge my credibility, whereas I am relying on extensive experience when speaking about guild dynamics. I see that you've been in many guilds on your 5 current worlds. How many of those were zero requirement guilds? Out of all the guilds you've been in, how many were ones you founded and ran? Were any of the guilds solo guilds?

Bottom line is that even if it were true (which it isn't) that all my guild experience was more than 3.5 years ago, you have not put forth any reason that guild dynamics might have changed since then. Honestly, the major change to guild dynamics happened long before you started playing, when the Arc took center stage in the game. And the change from Build menu buildings providing the majority of resources to event/special buildings and other sources doing it, thus making guild trading way less important, also happened before you started playing. Even GBG, with its farming of resources, predates your start in the game. So tell us what you think has happened in the last 3.5 years that has changed how the various guild types compare to one another.
I've said my piece. Thanks for playing.