• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

FoE Soccer Event

DeletedUser13552

I see that you accumulate shots (one per hour) in much the same way that FPs are accumulated. For FPs, the upper limit is 10; once you have accumulated 10 FPs, the clock stops. But I think i have already seen the shot total go beyond 10. How many shots can you accumulate before the clock stops?

DeletedUser23363

I've traded in trophies for all of one golden chest in this game and all I got was a lousy shot package. If the developers had a stick in hand, they'd have shoved it up my *** and I wouldn't have been quite as unimpressed.

On the whole, it's a pretty lousy event for non-soccer fans, like me. Inno should keep the events to historical topics and not have the outcome so much based upon probabilities or percentages. There's not a single person in my Houndsmoor or Langendorn guilds impressed by the event.

DeletedUser14197

I've traded in trophies for all of one golden chest in this game and all I got was a lousy shot package. If the developers had a stick in hand, they'd have shoved it up my *** and I wouldn't have been quite as unimpressed.

On the whole, it's a pretty lousy event for non-soccer fans, like me. Inno should keep the events to historical topics and not have the outcome so much based upon probabilities or percentages. There's not a single person in my Houndsmoor or Langendorn guilds impressed by the event.

I too am not crazy about the event. I have set the game to no animations, so I don'at actually see the guy kick or have to wait for it. That said, someone on a forum said that if one was able to come on and use all their shots every day and if they simply did the safe one where you get 10 cups per shot, that one would have I believe they said, I could be wrong, but it seems like it was somewhere around 8000 cups by the end of the event. That is enough to get something worth having, probably a wishing well or hall of fame. There is no risk here. I am not sure if the time is worth the prizes or not, but it just depends what you are wanting. There aren't a lot of prizes I am too excited about, but there are a few.

Algona

Inno should keep the events to historical topics

I agree! I enjoyed all the historical Events! The thrill of exotic random prizes of coins and supplies and goods! So wonderful to work through an Event and get a Portrait and great Prizes like a Sundial, Sculpture, or Statue that only need Reno Kits to stay relevant...

Ok, OK, I kid. Thankfully INNO has started giving good prizes for completing the historical Events. But the one prize you win from such Events pales compared to the potential cornucopia of 'luck based' Events.

I've won a WW, Tree, Champ's Retreat, Reno Kit, and Graveyard, 100 or so Diamonds as the better Prizes in the random.quest Events.

I've won 10 WWs, 4 Rogue hideouts, 3 SoKs, HoF, 5 Reno Kits, 1 Watchfire, enough medals for 5 expansions, free mundane buildings, enough BPs for an Observatory among other prizes in the 'luck based' Events.

Are those Events exciting? Well, for a few days until I figure out the best way to approach the Event. Are they worth going through to me? Oh, hell, yeah. I can say I've enjoyed them. I certainly understand and sympathize with folk who don't enjoy these quests. But I sure hope INNO does not adopt an all random.quest line of Events.

someone on a forum said that if one was able to come on and use all their shots every day and if they simply did the safe one where you get 10 cups per shot, that one would have I believe they said, I could be wrong, but it seems like it was somewhere around 8000 cups by the end of the event.

I wonder what idiot said that...

DeletedUser8420

1st I am still having major problems with the acknowledgement box overlaying the grab prize box...I click on the ok to acknowledge winning the 10 cups and it clicks on the 20% increase chance box. grrrrr... considering I do almost exclusively the 100% why would I click on the increase chance box. duh! Finally I think I have found a work around on this ...but it is a real irritant to do so.

2nd I constantly see large cups being won listed in my hood but, the 5% chance seems never to go higher then 100 cups so where are these cups being won at? (this has happened since after the first couple of hours of the event started...in the beginning it was going up to near a 1000 but now I hardly ever see it over 100)

3rd...the prizes we can buy ...something worth while seems to be in 3,000 + cups range. So unless we buy cups for diamonds or until we save and are near the end of the game its nothing ....(ok there is the golden chest but, looking in it only descent thing is the reno kit but considering I tried it once and got a blasted blueprint...to me the chance of winning the reno kit is near none existent so I am saving the cups... if I don't have enough to get something outright then will spend it on the chest just to get rid of the cups at the end of the game)

4th as stated the amount of the cups being offered doesn't seem to go up and the % of chance to get something even when it does is near 0 anyway so just doing the 100% each time. The quests rewards are being saved so that future quests can be done...hold the shots packages until a quest comes up with # of shots needed to be taken to complete another quest in order to get another shot package....sigh...

Therefore this event is really BORING!!!! and just doing it because its there....

jkl51

I too am not crazy about the event. I have set the game to no animations, so I don'at actually see the guy kick or have to wait for it. That said, someone on a forum said that if one was able to come on and use all their shots every day and if they simply did the safe one where you get 10 cups per shot, that one would have I believe they said, I could be wrong, but it seems like it was somewhere around 8000 cups by the end of the event. That is enough to get something worth having, probably a wishing well or hall of fame. There is no risk here. I am not sure if the time is worth the prizes or not, but it just depends what you are wanting. There aren't a lot of prizes I am too excited about, but there are a few.

I was able to grab a Victory Tower the other day and then two more this morning. I'm going to be able to keep myself in medals with those and the Shrine of Awe. I also got 1200 medals before the Victory Towers. The other prizes seem to cost a fortune in cups, which I haven't been able to manage yet, so I like that there are valuable smaller prizes in the event.

DeletedUser25754

Here are some thoughts about how to get a lot of cups.

Focus on using your kicks efficiently to. Do the bare minimum when the odds are bad, play like crazy when the odds are good. Check on the game frequently to see when odds are good.

The expected return from the 100% shot is 10 cups.

The expected return from the 20% shot is 8 cups when it is 40, 10 cups when it is 50, and 20 cups when it is 100. If it is over 50 then you are better off in the long run taking the 20% shot than the 100% shot.

The expected return from the 10% shot is 8 cups when it is 80, 10 cups when it is 100, and 15 cups when it is 150. If it is over 100 then you are better off in the long run taking the 10% shot than the 100% shot.

The expected return from the 5% shot is 5 cups when it is 100, 10 cups when it is 200, and 20 cups when it is 400. I've seen it at 900 and I was shooting like crazy, but someone else got it. I've also seen it at 600 several times and I got it those times. I've never seen the others all that high, but sometimes I take them when I need to use some balls and they give the best expected returns.

So, a key idea is to watch for the odds being very good and shooting a lot then, otherwise doing whatever gives the best expected return.

Any other suggestions for getting a lot of cups? I've got 3k on one world and 1k on the other. I know some people have a lot more than I do, but I am fairly happy with how I am doing so far.

DeletedUser14197

I used 15 balls on the 20% shot and got 190 cups. So what does that make it when I started. I nearly figured I had wasted all those balls. I think it raises 5 every hit, so 5 times 15 would be 75? So it must have been over 100 when I started. Now take those 15 balls and do the 100%. I would have a guaranteed 150. If I hadn't had them in my inventory, I would have lost all to take a gamble to make an extra 40 cups. I don't understand the odds. I just know I got the 5% up to 1300 and someone came on and shot once or twice and took the prize. I thought I would get this one in a few hits. Little did I know that I would go to inventory twice to get a pack of balls. Anyone could have come on and gotten the prize while I was doing that. It is simple. The game is a gamble. There are people on chat who have far more cups than I do. I am definitely not good at this game, so will more than likely come away with the bare minimum. Gambling is not my thing. I am sure there is some strategy here as well, but there is definitely a lot of luck involved. I will probably get enough prizes to make it worth it, though I probably won't be getting anything too expensive as .... well, I simply am not collecting as many cups as some are and I already wasted diamonds trying to get the 5% and I won't do that again.

Czari

I've lost two soccer ball packs by doing the following (one just now):
I checked to see if I had any soccer ball packs in inventory before starting to shoot goals. I had one pack of five soccer balls. I began shooting using the 11 accumulated balls on the counter. Partway through those I reached the number for the quest and received a second set of five soccer balls. When I ran out of the balls on the counter I went to inventory and clicked to use one packet of balls the same way I do with FP packages, however, BOTH packages disappeared from inventory and only five balls/shots were in my counter.

Has anyone else experienced this?

DeletedUser24940

I've lost two soccer ball packs by doing the following (one just now):
I checked to see if I had any soccer ball packs in inventory before starting to shoot goals. I had one pack of five soccer balls. I began shooting using the 11 accumulated balls on the counter. Partway through those I reached the number for the quest and received a second set of five soccer balls. When I ran out of the balls on the counter I went to inventory and clicked to use one packet of balls the same way I do with FP packages, however, BOTH packages disappeared from inventory and only five balls/shots were in my counter.

Has anyone else experienced this?
that sounds weird but i have accidentally deleted FP packs thinking i was using them i wondering on the kicks if it isnt as random as we are led to believe because the couple days i did really 1000 plus on most my worlds but in the last i would 24 hours nothing sometimes buying shot packs kicking 40 straight and spend a ton of cups to better my chances ive gotten a couple of cool things and selling medal packs smartest thing ever but if its random then with a 5% is the lowest it just wouldnt come out where one day this person does well randomly and the next zero nothing on every world seems strange to me hi Czari

Czari

that sounds weird but i have accidentally deleted FP packs thinking i was using them i wondering on the kicks if it isnt as random as we are led to believe because the couple days i did really 1000 plus on most my worlds but in the last i would 24 hours nothing sometimes buying shot packs kicking 40 straight and spend a ton of cups to better my chances ive gotten a couple of cool things and selling medal packs smartest thing ever but if its random then with a 5% is the lowest it just wouldnt come out where one day this person does well randomly and the next zero nothing on every world seems strange to me hi Czari

Hey trent! Fancy seeing you here...lol. I submitted a ticket after posting last night and CS checked into the situation I reported on one world and it appears I was mistaken. Wouldn't be the first time but good to know soccer ball packs aren't randomly disappearing.

I'm having the same "luck" as you - last week I got a lot of high scores including a couple in the 1,000+ range but this week I'm the person who runs the score up high for the next person who comes along.

DeletedUser26300

Yeah, he sounds like a real loser to me. ;)
It's totally possible though.
The event lasts from June 9th to July 10th, that's 32 days. 32×24 hours = 768 hours. If you always do the "sure bet" and shoot the 100% shot for 10 cups it's 7680 cups by the end of the event, not counting the lot of extra shots you get for completing the event quest...

Algona

I suppose you could use the old HTML [sarcasm] [/sarcasm] tags. But that takes away the fun. Instead...

Try SARCASM DETECTOROMATIC!

Tired of not getting the joke? Feel left out of the conversation? Want others to think you are witty? Then Sarcasm Detectoromatic is for you! Using advanced analytical algorithms and state of the art engineering, Sarcasm Detecoromatic will parse texts letting you know when someone is being a donkey.

See what some of our users have to say: "I'm suing you!" "Steaming pile of dooky!" "Ripoff" "Does not work" "Scam" "It's been 5 years and I still haven't got mine" "Ginormous piece of poop!"

Sarcasm Detectoromatic. When nuance, emoticons, and context just aren't enough. Get one today!

----------

I have available several reconditioned (sorta almost like new) Sarcasm Detectoromatics for a very reasonable cost. If you order in the next 15 minutes, you can buy a second one for your friend. Just triple the payment and pay a second shipping and handling fee. Allow 4-6 years for delivery. Offer not valid anywhere there are laws against theft or mail fraud.

Send small denomination unmarked nonsequential bills to:

Sarcasm Detectoromatic
666 ou812 Blvd
Algona, WA 98001

----------

Oh, and on topic, uh, I <3 2016 Soccer Event.

Last edited:

DeletedUser26154

2nd I constantly see large cups being won listed in my hood but, the 5% chance seems never to go higher then 100 cups so where are these cups being won at? (this has happened since after the first couple of hours of the event started...in the beginning it was going up to near a 1000 but now I hardly ever see it over 100)
I've noticed that too.