• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Forge Bowl 2023 Feedback

Darkest.Knight

I chose the manager that provides 1 extra yd per move, looks like I won't have any trouble getting to lvl11. I wouldn't spend diamonds on the building, it just isn't good enough to do that.

UBERhelp1

Looks like it mattered enough for inno to change it mid-event and buff it lol. Sales must have been soo low.
Ha! I'm surprised they didn't send out a message proclaiming the "good" news! I wonder what happens for those who already bought it. I'd be mad if I already spent a bunch of footballs and missed out on kits.

Dursland

Ha! I'm surprised they didn't send out a message proclaiming the "good" news! I wonder what happens for those who already bought it. I'd be mad if I already spent a bunch of footballs and missed out on kits.
Nope they added kits to inventory if you got that far in the prize line. I have 1 extra kit myself. Good thinking-ahead on their end this time.

Xenosaur

They do have it down to a science, eh? Lukewarm player interest (clearly there is exhaustion from doing 6-8 events/year that's becoming obvious...), coupled with a +300% increase in the cost of the Ultimate Coach - which was the assured way to WIN THIS EVENT.

So since they upped the previous price of 150 diamonds for Ultimate, I guess Inno product team was reviewing the opening player interest (or lack of interest...) reasoned that they could adjust the event (remove junk no one wants and certainly don't want to pay for...), give users flexibility, and make the Level 11 building choice more in tune with what people are always asking for (attack offense and defense, and oh yes - some FP...)

Will this upgrade make people warm to spending 475 diamonds? Don't see why not.

This made it easier, as there is now better value for players, for their expenditures (if they do). People are still going to try to win this without diamonds - but I think the math is cut so tight that MOST will fall short. They'll spend to do it right the first time, or spend because they came so close, but did it incorrectly, so have to fix it.

Last edited:

UBERhelp1

They do have it down to a science, eh? Lukewarm player interest (clearly there is exhaustion from doing 6-8 events/year that's becoming obvious...), coupled with a +300% increase in the cost of the Ultimate Coach - which was the assured way to WIN THIS EVENT.

So since they upped the previous price of 150 diamonds for Ultimate, I guess Inno product team was reviewing the opening player interest (or lack of interest...) reasoned that they could adjust the event (remove junk no one wants and certainly don't want to pay for...), give users flexibility, and make the Level 11 building choice more in tune with what people are always asking for (attack offense and defense, and oh yes - some FP...)

Will this upgrade make people warm to spending 475 diamonds? Don't see why not.

This made it easier, and there is better value for players, for their expenditures (if they do). People are still going to try to win this without diamonds - but I think the math is cut so tight that MOST will fall short. They'll spend to do it right the first time, or spend because they came so close, but did it incorrectly, so have to fix it.
How does this change make the event easier? It doesn't at all. It just makes the prizes better.

Xenosaur

How does this change make the event easier? It doesn't at all. It just makes the prizes better.
Yes, that's the correct interpretation - It makes the prizes better, so the value proposition for players that invest time and/or money spent changes.

It's now an easier decision to get involved in a positive way, in the event - to play it vs sit out. It's also easier to spend 475.

Last edited:

MKPapa

I might be wrong, but why do I see two Pergola lvl 1 as early prizes? One from the first quest, and second - as event 800 prize?
At this point, if you complete all 56 quests, you get 2 pergolas at lvl.1, and only 6 upgrade kits! Even if you buy the Bowl prizes for $15, you get only 2 more selection kits! I.e. you have one Pergola at lvl. 7 or 9, and one - at lvl.1.

This means that if you want to get one Pergola fully leveled, you will have another useless lvl.1 in inventory for sure!

MKPapa

They also should have announced they nerfed the Pizzeria. Adding fp's is meaningless. Att/Def can be picked up from multiple daily specials.

The unique hook of the Pizzeria was the 2 Store Bld frags it gave, which they nerfed down to 1
To each their own. I absolutely do not care about Store Bldg (have a good stock of them, and use only for quests - increase population, etc.).
But I need attack, fp, and 1up kits (Reno Kit would be better, of course). Bistro looks very good.

vp961

To each their own. I absolutely do not care about Store Bldg (have a good stock of them, and use only for quests - increase population, etc.).
But I need attack, fp, and 1up kits (Reno Kit would be better, of course). Bistro looks very good.

Was targeting 1 store bldg per day, for solid reasons.

Reno/1 up kits avail already thru Orrery

Again, the unique hook....nerfed post launch, with no mention in the announcement

Emberguard

Again, the unique hook....nerfed post launch, with no mention in the announcement

I never bothered to check whether there were any changes at the time of launch, however I did find someone mention on Tuesday (on Beta) there was a change:

ADSL said:
But on live servers Pizzeria has only 1 Store Building Fragment. Is this a bug?

@mellofax @LeCron @Carpathia @Sled17

Was this intentional or a overlooked bug or error in the announcement?

vp961

Nerf is a nerf

Adding 3fp and 10 def is laughable. Lipstick on a pig

Cutting the purpose for the bldg by 50% = nerf

Literal bait and switch

Pericles the Lion

Nerf is a nerf

Adding 3fp and 10 def is laughable. Lipstick on a pig

Cutting the purpose for the bldg by 50% = nerf

Literal bait and switch
If it was launched on live as 1 frag (and we have yet to get confirmation of this) it is not a nerf. It would be a change from the Beta version and that would not be uncommon. Anyway, Reno kits are not hard to come by in GE. Attacking army defense is much rarer.

Pericles the Lion

It was launched with 2 frags. There's your confirmation. Had already begun collecting.

I had 3 Pizzeria on first day, targeting 8, to make 1 store bldg per day

Diamonds paid for and spent based on the info Inno provided.
Respectfully, I'll wait to hear what INNO has to say.
Im not talking about reno kits either, they are available thru Orrery

Put down your poms poms
The Golden Orrery provides frags of 1-ups, not Renos but since you were talking about Store Building items my reply remains the same....easily obtained from GE.

I find it hard to have a speck of empathy for you given your last sentence but thanks for supporting INNO. 8 Pizzerias. o_O