• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Founders Guild can not be ousted out or banned from their guild

A founder of a guild should remain Founder regardless if they were ousted?

• Total voters

Emberguard

This is ridiculous. Having nothing better to do while waiting on the Derby I took a look at your guild hopping history. Unfortunately, available resources only date back to mid-2019. Since that time, you left, and rejoined,"your guild" no fewer than 8 times. Your longest visit was 4 months, the shortest 1 day. During the nearly 4 years of history, you spent a grand total of only 7 months with the guild that you claim was "stolen" from you. I can't imagine what you were doing while on walkabout but it sure wasn't leading the guild in absentia.

If they're leaving so often why didn't they already have a trusted person to leave the Guild to while on walkabout? Someone who has proven their loyalty and that they would give the Guild back? Where's their trusted people now?

I would provide the guild goods. Times change over the years players only participate in events that benefit them. Anything that helps the guild you rally get participation. They suck the guild dry and move on. With those pit falls I still had a strong foundation. [...] I would encourage participation. Rather than kicking members out every week for none participation. I would over look it. Until we had a group that did what they wanted to do

So you're not actually leading anything: you're doing everything for them. That's not leadership. That's expecting adults to be fully dependent on you and then throwing a tantrum when things don't go your way.

Last edited:

The Lady Redneck

If you ever ran a guild you would knows
I have been a noob, growing member and Leader in guilds for the 10 years I have been playing this game. A good number of those years in a multi world guild that was active in every world for a number of years. It had farming guilds, fighting guilds, guilds that did some of everything. I was a leader in 9 different worlds, And had another 7 cities plus 1 in Beta. I was also Founder of my own guild in one world. So I think that takes care of your statement above.

I am also a woman in this "Mans" game. I have been questioned by a few over decisions I made. And questioned them back on their reasoning for not agreeing with me. So that we could all come to a better understanding on what was best for the guild. I have more friends (men and women) in the game than I have enemies. I have actually had more confrontations with other women than with the guys. Your guild members ALL have the right to question and disagree with you. If you are a leader you discuss it with the Founder (Who NEVER leaves their guild) And go by the decision ha/she makes. If you are the Fonder you make those decisions and explain your reasoning to the guild. Another way to look at it is a guild is like your child. What decent mother goes off and abandons their child in the ways you have done.

The scenario you describe is not a strong foundation. If those poor folks did not manage to get the proper GBs in the proper order to help themselves and the guild grow, that is a serious failing of leadership on your part. To me it sounds like Lofty has done these guys a favor. If they are still remaining in the guild it sounds to me like he is giving them better advice and encouragement. If he has allowed you back in he is more tolerant than I would have been.

I built the guild up and all my members towns. Players were very selfish, they rally if any made donations. If you ever ran a guild you would knows. I would provide the guild goods. Times change over the years players only participate in events that benefit them. Anything that helps the guild you rally get participation. They suck the guild dry and move on. With those pit falls I still had a strong foundation.
You "built up ... ... all my members towns..." That IS impressive (sarcasm). If the members were not acting to benefit the guild, then you were NOT providing good leadership. You were enabling them to do " ... what they wanted to...".

A good or great guild knows what it is about. There are a lot of guilds which do not aspire to be the greatest and rather choose to be a nice place to hang out while playing the game. And there is nothing wrong with that. It sounds like to your members, that is what your guild was about. If you had a different vision, it was up to you to get buy-in from the members. And , yes, that would probably require booting members who were not willing to buy-in. Leaders cannot afford to be nice if they haven't earned the respect of their members. It's kind of hard to respect someone who has guild-hopped 29 times in less than 4 years. That probably has something to do with why Lofty hasn't relinquished Founder's rights back to you.

I would suggest that you get over the treachery you imagine Lofty has done to you and concentrate on your new guild. See if you can actually BE a leader. Build the guild up the right way by establishing clear ground rules and enforcing them. And for goodness' sakes require everyone to have Treasury buildings. Guild-hopping to gather goods for the treasury is just STUPID.

Angry.Blanket

Why would anyone want to be in a guild where the members don't want them ?
How can 1 player build that up many towns ? is that legal?

Mud Dawber

It is not a true vote unless you allow responses that are contrary to your view. Otherwise you are just trying to justify yourself. Any King can be deposed, just look at history. If you feel that deeply about the current guidelines and they upset you so much you always have the option of not playing. Or is this just a reaction to you being not allowed back in after a leave of absence?