• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Founders Guild can not be ousted out or banned from their guild

A founder of a guild should remain Founder regardless if they were ousted?

• Total voters

Johnny B. Goode

Sounds to me like the bottom says:

• Only 1 Founder allowed per Guild
  • Original Founder appoints who gets Founder rights

Which contradicts the notion of never handing over Founder status, as that choice in itself requires abdicating the position of Founder in order to give it to someone else if only one is allowed

It would also mean you can only swap Founders once; 'cause then the selected Founder isn't the Original. That would kill Guilds if the Original stops playing, and passes the rights to someone only for them to also stop playing
See this is a pet peeve of mine, though. He says "crowns", which has no meaning in this sense, not to mention that he uses the plural form with the number 1. And while the crown icon does represent founder's rights, the choice is contradictory. If there can be only one crown, then the "Original Founder" cannot appoint another to have founder's rights because then there would be two, even if only temporarily. And if that rule were adopted, even ignoring the contradiction within the choice, it wouldn't have prevented what happened because he still could have appointed that one guy who apparently backstabbed him. The whole thing makes no sense, probably because he was just butthurt over the whole thing and was in too much of a hurry to bother to write coherently.

autumncast

Because this whole thread is based on a non-problem.

No, we support personal responsibility. The guild was your personal responsibility and you abandoned it.

He didn't steal your guild, you gave it to him. What happened is clearly within the rules of the game. You have no justification for outrage. Especially since you go on to claim that the person you gave the guild to lacks intelligence, character and availability. You made a very poor choice and are now paying the consequences. Deal with it.
So what you are saying it's okay to steal a guild if you're too lazy to build your own guild. I built the foundation of my guild. He was forced out of another good when he came to me. I didn't judge. I worked with him and trained him. He was a truck driver he was on the road two weeks straight at a time with no wifi. So he wasn't really doing much for the guild. Our agreement was since the guild had few treasury donations. I would go out and get goods for the treasury for Expedition, GBG, GVG and help lower age members. I helped build his town. I would train fighters and give advice. I provider all the goods for the guild. I built up the town hall before he even came to the guild so beginners could get free fps from their town hall. He fell in love with a player and wanted to impress her that he was the founder. I didn't have any idea at the time. So I was dropping off goods. He wanted me to trained him in GVG. I had trained him in GVG before. But he pretended that he caught on. At that time I had conquered sectors in 4 different ages. And I asked him to keep an eye on them. But of he didn't. So 4 months ago I taught him again in GVG how to fill your army and take sectors and how to shield you second. And I negotiated with other guilds to allow us in. I provided the goods and I took the sectors. Then I left to obtain more goods. When he learned GVG it through his head. That's when he wanted to impress the ladies and pretend like he was the founder of the guild. He's never there in the guild. I'm there just as much or more them him. He would sometimes message me daily to help in situations. If someone needed to be booted he and other leaders would contact me because they didn't want to get their hands dirty.
My point is. If you're such a great player go start your own guild. Why steal and lie and take some else guild. In his towns you would see my name in every gb building and I provided goods for his gbs. Only a coward would think and act like him. Who pretends to be friends than stab you in the back.
I started another Brave Viking. He and I battled in GVG. He lost many nights. He gave up and changed the name of my guild Brave Vikings to Vikings Revenge. Now you stole my guild and you want Revenge against me because you lost in GVG. I'm his teacher. How you think you're going to beat your teacher. And it was just one of me. I started a new guild and we are honorable healthy guild. The members play with honor. I'm still fighting for future Founders. This stealing guilds from Founders has to stop. If he has this type of character in a game imagine in public.

Emberguard

I would go out and get goods for the treasury for Expedition,
Hold up..... since when do you need to leave a Guild to get goods?

What you're telling us is you abandoned your Guild and expected to retain rights, even after stepping down as Founder. They didn't steal the Guild, you abdicated. You weren't even part of the Guild at that point

Sure we can sympathise that the player lied to you, but you gave that Guild away.

Johnny B. Goode

He was forced out of another guild when he came to me.
I fixed your typo. And this line right here shoots down any sympathy you might have gotten. You trusted someone who was forced out of another guild?!? And then trusted him with founder's rights in yours?!? And then left your own guild for no reason?!? As @Emberguard points out, there's no reason to leave a guild to get goods. Unless you're guild hopping in hopes of snatching up favorable trades while in each guild. Which is legal according to game rules, but kind of unethical if you ask me. Especially considering that you're now here complaining about the allegedly unethical actions of another. I say allegedly because we've only heard your version of what happened.
Then I left to obtain more goods.
Please explain how leaving your guild helps you get goods. Am I right in guessing that you guild hopped and took any favorable trades you found?
I started a new guild and we are honorable healthy guild.
Sounds like you've moved on, so what's the issue? You're not protecting anyone because anyone stupid enough to trust another with their guild when there were so many red flags about them deserves to have their guild "stolen". Get over it. This suggestion ain't going to happen. End of story.

(And please quit just reposting the whole stupid story. Repeating it doesn't help your cause, it only makes you look rather pathetic.)

autumncast

I fixed your typo. And this line right here shoots down any sympathy you might have gotten. You trusted someone who was forced out of another guild?!? And then trusted him with founder's rights in yours?!? And then left your own guild for no reason?!? As @Emberguard points out, there's no reason to leave a guild to get goods. Unless you're guild hopping in hopes of snatching up favorable trades while in each guild. Which is legal according to game rules, but kind of unethical if you ask me. Especially considering that you're now here complaining about the allegedly unethical actions of another. I say allegedly because we've only heard your version of what happened.

Please explain how leaving your guild helps you get goods. Am I right in guessing that you guild hopped and took any favorable trades you found?

Sounds like you've moved on, so what's the issue? You're not protecting anyone because anyone stupid enough to trust another with their guild when there were so many red flags about them deserves to have their guild "stolen". Get over it. This suggestion ain't going to happen. End of story.

(And please quit just reposting the whole stupid story. Repeating it doesn't help your cause, it only makes you look rather pathetic.)The issue is stealing is wrong. Lying and cheating is wrong. Just because you get away with rapping your next door neighbor does not make it right. Violence is violence, robbing and stealing is wrong, .This my issues. I'm standing up for all the Founders in FOE. there should be some changes made in how Founders are treated. I have friends in every top guild over the pass 12 years. And we remained friend's. We were the pioneers of FOE. We made FOE what it is today. We were ethical and had morals how we conducted ourselves. The standards you see today is because of us..What's happening now it's okay to cheat Rob and steal and that's unexceptiable. I'm in my car infront of home depot please correct my typos. I'm very busy

Emberguard

The issue is stealing is wrong. Lying and cheating is wrong. Just because you get away with rapping your next door neighbor does not make it right. Violence is violence, robbing and stealing is wrong, .This my issues. I'm standing up for all the Founders in FOE. there should be some changes made in how Founders are treated. I have friends in every top guild over the pass 12 years. And we remained friend's. We were the pioneers of FOE. We made FOE what it is today. We were ethical and had morals how we conducted ourselves. The standards you see today is because of us..What's happening now it's okay to cheat Rob and steal and that's unexceptiable. I'm in my car infront of home depot please correct my typos. I'm very busy

This didn't just happen out of nowhere. The real issue is you gave someone ownership of the Guild when you didn't need to. Use that as a learning opportunity so you can more easily spot self-serving suggestions, both here and in the real world.

There is no logical reason to completely remove the distinction between being a Founder, being a member, and not even being apart of the Guild anymore. That won't help you, it won't help anyone. It'll only confuse matters. It's already impossible for someone to come in and just steal it from you: you'd have to physically hand it over or completely stop playing for 30 days

Half your suggested ideas to make something impossible are already impossible under current game mechanics. The rest of your suggestions would either make it far more likely for you to lose control of your Guild, or prevent you from ever leaving your Guild in the first place

This for example:
(Idea #6) No member of a Guild should run a coup or insurrection against Founder
That would go both ways, you're not the current Founder of the Guild you want to take back. If you give the Guild to someone else then by your own request you can't demand it back as by definition that would then be a coup

When it comes to the practicality of programming that in.... the suggestion doesn't mention what mechanic you want introduced or how that would differ from what already exists

Last edited:

autumncast

This didn't just happen out of nowhere. The real issue is you gave someone ownership of the Guild when you didn't need to. Use that as a learning opportunity so you can more easily spot self-serving suggestions, both here and in the real world.

There is no logical reason to completely remove the distinction between being a Founder, being a member, and not even being apart of the Guild anymore. That won't help you, it won't help anyone. It'll only confuse matters. It's already impossible for someone to come in and just steal it from you: you'd have to physically hand it over or completely stop playing for 30 days

Half your suggested ideas to make something impossible are already impossible under current game mechanics. The rest of your suggestions would either make it far more likely for you to lose control of your Guild, or prevent you from ever leaving your Guild in the first place

This for example:

That would go both ways, you're not the current Founder of the Guild you want to take back. If you give the Guild to someone else then by your own request you can't demand it back as by definition that would then be a coup

When it comes to the practicality of programming that in.... the suggestion doesn't mention what mechanic you want introduced or how that would differ from what already exiTherd

autumncast

There seem to be some misunderstanding. I didn't not give him my guild. I never said he could have my guild. The agreement which he agreed to. Was that I would gather goods and points and bring back to the guild. Because the guild had no goods or donations. After gathering goods I would make trades and deposit them into the treasury.
My thing is if you want a guild and it's so easy to build a guild. Why didn't he go out and build a guild of his own. Why take the credit for a foundation you did not build.
Only cowards and men less than steal a guild. If he wasn't happy with the agreement. He could have easily told me. I would have stayed in the guild. I invested a lot of diamonds in the guild for progress. FOE can check how often he participated in the guild. He's a truck driver he's on the road 2 weeks at a time. No wifi. His growth while in the guild is very small. FOE can check goods for his gbs was done by me majority of time. Anything he needed and training was done by me. The guild was stolen. When you take something that doesn't belong to you is stealing. I gave him permission to cover for me while I was away not to steal the guild. That's why it's so important for FOE to have one Founder only and two leaders. A Founder can never loose their rights. If they want to leave a short period of time without a replacement of a Founder. And they can return to their guild as Founder without having permission to be let back in. 1 Founder and only one Founder and that Founder can never be replaced or removed unless a violation of FOE rules.
I've always played a honest and loyal game in FOE.
It's no reason for FOE allow this to happen. I'm in no violation of rules. Every top guild that's knows me. Knows I'm a honest and loyal person.
And the only reason you're speaking against me is because I'm a female in the game. You know this man stole the guild and you're trying to justify it and twisting what actually happened.
If the agreement was made. You stand by the agreement. You don’t lie and steal.
If they check the messages, you would see when I was a away I was in contact communication with them and advising them. They would call me to boot someone out. Some of my members would visit the same guilds I was at. They would follow me to the same guilds. What ever guild I was at members of the guild would follow me and return back to the guild check that out. But the Founder can't. That's unfair.

How is it that members of a guild can leave and return without being banned. If members of a guild can return a Founder of a guild can leave and return. It should be fair across the board.
Founders should have the same rights as members. And not have ti worry their guild gets stolen.

autumncast

This for example:

When it comes to the practicality of programming that in.... the suggestion doesn't mention what mechanic you want introduced or how that would differ from what already exists
To say I not the current Founder is misleading. I am the original founder. I built that guild on my own. He stole the guild from me. It's easy to steal a guild. But it's hard to build a guild from the foundation and up. He's taken credit fir something he had nothing to do with. He was just a body.
A founder should have just as much rights as members. Members leave a guild and return without provocative. The same should be for founders.. Founders should be able to visit other guild without having to appoint a temporary founder until they return. 1 Founder only. If a founder is removed for whatever reason in this case. The guild should be dismantle. If a person built the guild in this case. The guild that Lofty and Shifty stolen should be dismantle. I have not broken any FOE rules. Lofty wants a guild start one his own. But the guild he's in now should be dismantle. I've always played by FOE rules. Never in any violations of the game. The guild Lofty stolen should be dismantle.

Pericles the Lion

To say I not the current Founder is misleading. I am the original founder. I built that guild on my own. He stole the guild from me. It's easy to steal a guild. But it's hard to build a guild from the foundation and up. He's taken credit fir something he had nothing to do with. He was just a body.
A founder should have just as much rights as members. Members leave a guild and return without provocative. The same should be for founders.. Founders should be able to visit other guild without having to appoint a temporary founder until they return. 1 Founder only. If a founder is removed for whatever reason in this case. The guild should be dismantle. If a person built the guild in this case. The guild that Lofty and Shifty stolen should be dismantle. I have not broken any FOE rules. Lofty wants a guild start one his own. But the guild he's in now should be dismantle. I've always played by FOE rules. Never in any violations of the game. The guild Lofty stolen should be dismantle.
Your proposed solution to your problem is to destroy the guild? This reminds me of the "Judgement of Solomon". A guild is little more than a group of players and a treasury. If you were the leader that you claim to be, the players in the guild that you left behind should be eager to follow you. Although revenge is a poor motive, you will have your revenge by taking all of your adversary's people.

Emberguard

To say I not the current Founder is misleading

If that statement is true, then the entire premise of your thread would have to be false.

If you get a job managing a store and you hand in your resignation, you can't just come back a month later and act like you still work there. If you quit your job you have to re-apply for the job, and there's always the possibility of that application getting rejected or needing to apply for a lower position than the one you vacated

You're either in the Guild or you're not. Every member of a Guild loses whatever rank within the Guild they had when they leave, no matter what that rank is. Founder isn't any different from that.

Johnny B. Goode

I never said he could have my guild.
Yes, you did. When you gave him founder's rights and left the guild, you effectively were saying he could have it. Regardless of any agreement you made. You gave up your founder's rights (and the guild) the moment you left the guild.
He stole the guild from me. It's easy to steal a guild.
No he didn't, and no it isn't. There is no way to steal a guild. It can only be given away. You gave it away, plain and simple.

Orius Maximus

We are not the ones misunderstanding. By giving him founder rights AND leaving the guild, you gave him the guild. Period. Even if you returned, getting back founder rights means you'd have to trust him to uphold his end of the bargain, and it seems he didn't. That's how the system works. And don't play the sexism card because you made a mistake in judgement. There are plenty of guilds run by women who probably wouldn't have made this mistake.

If he was so keen on helping your guild build up its stock of goods, he'd have shelled them out from his OWN city and busted his own ass gathering more. Instead, he basically suckered you into giving him complete control over the guild and then showed himself to be unable to handle the responsibility of running it. So unfortunately, you're stuck having to rebuild your guild over from scratch. You're going to simply have to let go of the original guild and let it wither away. If the other guild members were happier under your control, then reach out to them and start a new guild with them. If this guy only logs in every two weeks, then they're probably not getting anywhere in GE or GbG from the lack of leadership. And anyone who wants to participate in guild activities is probably feeling frustrated by now.

The real way to build guild goods BTW is not to jump guilds to gather goods and dump them into the original treasury. What need is to have your members construct buildings that automatically donate goods. That's why the powerful guilds do what they can to make sure their members can build and level up Arcs. So once you start fresh, your hew guild should probably get to work on getting a core group of Arcs up. There's also the various special buildings that make guild goods, but they need to be leveled up with 1ups and Renos as people progress. The main prize buildings in GbG can make a decent amount of guild goods, so you should try to put a little effort in there too.

Last edited:

The Lady Redneck

I really am puzzled.
I am the original founder. I built that guild on my own. He stole the guild from me. It's easy to steal a guild. But it's hard to build a guild from the foundation and up.
Here you say you built the guild up. ^^^
The agreement which he agreed to. Was that I would gather goods and points and bring back to the guild. Because the guild had no goods or donations

Here you say the guild had no no goods or donations.^^^

Then what the heck did you do that made you such a good founder???? At the foundation of a guild, the founder is responsible for advising and teaching the members of his guild which GBs to build and why they should build them. So why had you (as Founder) not seen to it that those members who looked to you for such guidance not have those GBs? Why did they not know they had to donate goods from their own inventories to the guild treasury until they did have those GBs built? If you had done your duty, they would have had their treasury GBs built. So there would be no reason for you to leave the guild to find goods for the treasury.

Last edited:

autumncast

I really am puzzled.

Here you say you built the guild up. ^^^

Here you say the guild had no no goods or donations.^^^

Then what the heck did you do that made you such a good founder???? At the foundation of a guild, the founder is responsible for advising and teaching the members of his guild which GBs to build and why they should build them. So why had you (as Founder) not seen to it that those members who looked to you for such guidance not have those GBs? Why did they not know they had to donate goods from their own inventories to the guild treasury until they did have those GBs built? If you had done your duty, they would have had their treasury GBs built. So there would be no reason for you to leave the guild to find goods for the treasury.
I built the guild up and all my members towns. Players were very selfish, they rally if any made donations. If you ever ran a guild you would knows. I would provide the guild goods. Times change over the years players only participate in events that benefit them. Anything that helps the guild you rally get participation. They suck the guild dry and move on. With those pit falls I still had a strong foundation. Red neck you should know this. Lofty was under minding me behind my back. I would encourage participation. Rather than kicking members out every week for none participation. I would over look it. Until we had a group that did what they wanted to do. Being a woman in a man's Game and having men with problems in their personal life it was difficult. Just like now. Members are questioning me and my authority. But no one has a problem with someone someone playing the game unethical. No one has a problem with stealing a guild. If a woman had stolen a guild from a founder this will be a whole new conversation. If I was raped by Lofty and no charges was made against him and he got away with raped. Does that mean it was okay because he wasn't charged. Does that mean the rape was okay because of what I was wearing. You know the facts. I am the founder of the guild. I created the guild long before Lofty came to the guild. He had problems at another guild. I over looked that and accepted him into the guild. Founders of guilds visit other guilds all the time. But nobody steals the guild. You're in the guild why steal a guild when the founder is treating you like her right hand man. You steal a guild because you're a liar and unethical. He could have left and started his own guild. But the guild looked too impressive to him. He's too lazy to start his own guild. Being a truck driver he's only there in body. It's no wifi on the road.

Pericles the Lion

This is ridiculous. Having nothing better to do while waiting on the Derby I took a look at your guild hopping history. Unfortunately, available resources only date back to mid-2019. Since that time, you left, and rejoined,"your guild" no fewer than 8 times. Your longest visit was 4 months, the shortest 1 day. During the nearly 4 years of history, you spent a grand total of only 7 months with the guild that you claim was "stolen" from you. I can't imagine what you were doing while on walkabout but it sure wasn't leading the guild in absentia.

DreadfulCadillac

I built the guild up and all my members towns. Players were very selfish, they rally if any made donations. If you ever ran a guild you would knows. I would provide the guild goods. Times change over the years players only participate in events that benefit them. Anything that helps the guild you rally get participation. They suck the guild dry and move on. With those pit falls I still had a strong foundation. Red neck you should know this. Lofty was under minding me behind my back. I would encourage participation. Rather than kicking members out every week for none participation. I would over look it. Until we had a group that did what they wanted to do. Being a woman in a man's Game and having men with problems in their personal life it was difficult. Just like now. Members are questioning me and my authority. But no one has a problem with someone someone playing the game unethical. No one has a problem with stealing a guild. If a woman had stolen a guild from a founder this will be a whole new conversation. If I was raped by Lofty and no charges was made against him and he got away with raped. Does that mean it was okay because he wasn't charged. Does that mean the rape was okay because of what I was wearing. You know the facts. I am the founder of the guild. I created the guild long before Lofty came to the guild. He had problems at another guild. I over looked that and accepted him into the guild. Founders of guilds visit other guilds all the time. But nobody steals the guild. You're in the guild why steal a guild when the founder is treating you like her right hand man. You steal a guild because you're a liar and unethical. He could have left and started his own guild. But the guild looked too impressive to him. He's too lazy to start his own guild. Being a truck driver he's only there in body. It's no wifi on the road.
Rape? Really? Come on now, relax. Most of these problems sound self-caused (for example not kicking non-active players, not mandating contribution to guild treasury, etc)