• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

fp swap question

DeletedUser32439

hi, if i were to do a fp ofr good swap and after putting in the agreed fps, they didnt pay up.

is there anything you can do, or is it, too bad for me.

Algona

There;s mo built in game functionality to help with this, but there are some steps you can take.

Double check the messages that laid out the swap. Make sure they didn't put the FP on the wrong building.

Ask the swapper what;s going on. They may be out for a while.

if they refuse to answer talk to their Guild leader.

Be polite, you are much more likely to get good results.

Falconwing

Another thing to do is small swaps. If they want, say 400 fp's for all the GB's Goods, break it down into smaller groups, say you pay 50 fp's, they give you 1/8th the total goods. Still risky, but I'd rather be out 50 fp's than 400.

DeletedUser33297

We have in my guild something called the "!! Easy FPs, BPs, and Medals !!" thread. Its always chaos. The rule is to post your intent to claim the offer, and then post the fps to ther GB. Its like Las Vegas. People posting before, during, and after. Getting 70+ people to do the same thing is hard. Throw in the lag, and peoples greed, and you have a mess. I call it the lottery, and still participate, but I do so knowing I may get beat up.
This doesnt apply to goods, but it is a concern in swap threads. Good luck. :)

DeletedUser

hi, if i were to do a fp ofr good swap and after putting in the agreed fps, they didnt pay up.

is there anything you can do, or is it, too bad for me.
Other than what @Algona suggested, there's nothing you can do. However, you can learn from this experience. One thing to do in the future is what @Falconwing suggested, which is to do a little at a time. For example, if you are buying all 5 goods from a certain era to build a GB, just do one good at a time, starting with the lowest amount. That way, if it's someone who's going to shaft you, you will minimize your losses. Whenever I sell goods (which I only do with people I've known for a while), I usually let them have the goods first and trust them for the FPs. And when I've bought goods from people I know, that's usually what they've done for me, too. Not that that is very common.

DeletedUser31592

I usually request that it be broken down by good (as previously suggested). Once they fulfill two, I usually dump the rest at once.
I've added them all at once a few times outside of guildmates, and that is only when they were recommended by someone I really trust.

DeletedUser32439

so all i can really do is keep putting trades back up after they expire and hope one day he honors his agreement.

DeletedUser31225

Always verify that seller is genuine. Talk to guild members, friends. Ask in the global chat. In which world did it happen?