• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

FPs were not given in swap threads

Oswyn the noble

On all my GBs i was not given FPs in swap threads by one clueless guild member, to make matters worse the member left... i gently sent him a link to foe game guide on how FP swap threads work. He took that as an insult i think. So he left abruptly. what course of action should i take? Im thinking maybe just let it slide or...

Pericles the Lion

On all my GBs i was not given FPs in swap threads by one clueless guild member, to make matters worse the member left... i gently sent him a link to foe game guide on how FP swap threads work. He took that as an insult i think. So he left abruptly. what course of action should i take? Im thinking maybe just let it slide or...
Chalk it up as a learning experience and move on.

Emberguard

The only thing you can do is not swap with that player and hope they don’t rejoin that Guild

That’s one good thing about 1.9 threads. Because it’s done in reverse, aside from if it’s sniped you can’t lose out from someone claiming a swap without putting the FPs. You’d just find another player to put 1.9

I would suggest avoiding swap threads all together-1.9 threads are much better for leveling gb effeciently
Definitely this. there is no reason to use snipe threads at all. My favorite thing to do is some random person places 1.9 for a spot and then I bump them down and I gain up to 4.5k FP and they lose 2.5k FP.

Ebeondi Asi

Using 1.9 the owner has to lock the great building FPs to make sure sniper cannot do what Galbotorix does.
Generally there are Guild rules about locking positions in 1.9x threads. Players who fail to understand the need for locking are just fodder for snipers.. LoL

Oswyn the noble

You know i really despise those 1.9 threads. That was the reason why i left one guild to join another. 1.9 may be helpful to the rest of you but confuse the heck out of me.

Using 1.9 the owner has to lock the great building FPs to make sure sniper cannot do what Galbotorix does.
Generally there are Guild rules about locking positions in 1.9x threads. Players who fail to understand the need for locking are just fodder for snipers.. LoL
Now I'm the evil sniper:mad::eek::mad:o_O. So many people who use 1.9 either don't prime or overprime

Emberguard

I think you misunderstood me. I wait for a random person who without asking puts 1.9. Then I ask my guildies to put an extra FP to bump him down. sometimes they take P1 and I gain 500 FP.

Yeah. I don't prime because (1) I know my buildings are already past the sweet spots. So if someone tries to snipe at a different rate than 1.9 I can adjust them to a lower position where they've overpaid (2) I have enough Forge Point income and inventory stock to pay back a Guild member if they get sniped off a spot

If I were to start a new city it'd be far more important to prime because a new Great Building has less room to adjust around snipers, and you're not going to have the inventory stock to pay people back if you misjudge the situation

WillyTwoShoes

You know i really despise those 1.9 threads. That was the reason why i left one guild to join another. 1.9 may be helpful to the rest of you but confuse the heck out of me.
It was a mess for me to figure out also. But you should really buckle down, get a FP calculator and apply yourself to figuring it out. They really do move your progress forward efficiently.

Xenosaur

What if you wanted to buy a house, and you went to a bank and they offered to give you a huge loan, interest free. WOULD YOU UNDERSTAND THAT?

On all my GBs i was not given FPs in swap threads by one clueless guild member,

And you're calling someone who can't do swaps "CLUELESS", yet you're self professed to be clueless and would like to stay that way? - about 1.9?

Hmmmm. Really now. That's a classic sockdolager.

Last edited:

Ebeondi Asi

That is the main reason swap threads manage to still exist.
Swap threads main failure is players who have the most Forge Points in a swap group will win all the top rewards. The gullible seem to enjoy being ripped off anyway i guess.
The victims congratulating themselves on being clueless is appropriate. ;)
The op here should learn how to use 1.9 there are easy to use tools to help.

JJ597

I'm always amazed at how many players with Arcs above 80, some well over 100 continue to use swap threads. The highest swap thread I've seen is for 500 forge points!

Pericles the Lion

I'm always amazed at how many players with Arcs above 80, some well over 100 continue to use swap threads. The highest swap thread I've seen is for 500 forge points!
Do the math. They are screwing their guildmates. They get a 100% ROI from the swap. Plus, since they probably have big banks, they are locking up one of the reward spots (which is pure profit). To top it off, they are probably letting snipers take the top spots in the GBs that they use for swaps (more profit). Don't underestimate them, they aren't stupid.

Big-Bendz

There are several things you can do. Nothing great but here are a few guidelines.
1) Report to your guild leadership as soon as you find this happening.
2) Generally person has to pay back or leave the guild.
3) Sometimes it is an error, other times it is a deliberate theft.
4) Post the person's name on the world info here in the forum Other guilds find out and the person get banned from several guilds.
5) Ban the person from the guild in the future.
6) Remember it is a game. So a few points were lost. No big deal. Game is long haul and it won't really hurt in the long run. But the thieves get a reputation and that tends to last......

Big-Bendz

And yes avoid swap threads. Better to work something out with 2-3 guildmates of similar age and with similar buildings.