• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Friends Tavern Feedback

DeletedUser14197

Fr me I fail to see a downside.

Free FP? Check

Attack boosts for GvG or plundering? Check

Ability to generate troops faster for GvG? Check

Things other people find useful

City shield to prevent plundering? BIG CHECK. Literally THE most complained about thing on the Forum and Inno offers a solution (expensive, but still a solution)

Coin and supply boosts? Check (not sure why you'd need it after HMA, but sure)

Don't like it? Don't use it. It takes up no pace in your city and provide entirely FREE benefits. I emphasize FREE! No land use. No coins/supply/good cost. Produces its own curency to upgrad itsef.

Your last statement is the rub. You don't like it? don't use it! And of course, some of your friends will drop you and rightly so. If you are wanting to get max silver, you need active tavern players. You need to be able to sit at their tavern, hopefully with a good tablecloth to get fps and a chance for silver, and they need to sit at yours for guaranteed silver. I have weeded out people who don't sit at mine ina couple of my cities. It takes time to click on all those taverns and to always be sitting at theirs and them never to sit at mine, is not exactly any better than me aiding them, and them never aiding me. Besides you are limited in the number of friends you can have. I dropped my friends at the very beginning in 2 of my cities, cause I wasn't doing the taavern and didn't want them to click to find my table full all the time and also, didn't think it was fair for me to not reciprocate. Now I have a few friends even in those cities, but can collect once a day and easily visit them once a day since there are so few. My 140 friend list city takes time. I wouldn't want 6 cities with 140 friends.

DeletedUser26154

a good tablecloth

I worked on everything as I improved my Tavern.
I got the top-of-the-line tablecloth first.
This adds incentive for my friends to visit, and gives them better rewards.
This is my Tavern.

my tavern.png

I've seen some Taverns with a tiny table and a modest table cloth.
But they'll have the top-tier floor and collection platter.
That's doing things backwards.

DeletedUser14197

I worked on everything as I improved my Tavern.
I got the top-of-the-line tablecloth first.
This adds incentive for my friends to visit, and gives them better rewards.
This is my Tavern.

View attachment 2168

I've seen some Taverns with a tiny table and a modest table cloth.
But they'll have the top-tier floor and collection platter.
That's doing things backwards.

That depends on your viewpoint. I have done them evenly. I get the floor, than the tablecloth and than the platter usually. However, if you get the floor and the platter first, you will be collecting silver faster and so will actually completely upgrade faster. fps do not help one upgrade their taverns. They are a perk. Maybe for some people they are incentive to sit at your table. However, I don't bother keeping track of who has one and who doesn't. I simply go down the line and click on the ones tht are available. So it does nothing to get me to come to your table.

DeletedUser8420

Idea/Proposal: Grey out VISIT TAVERN in Event History in your town hall

Hi all I am not sure if this has been brought up yet, surprised if it hasn't but I cannot find it at this time. It would be great if like the AID button, which grays out and shows you how long till you can Aid the player again, that the Visit Tavern Button works the same way, like grays out when you cannot do anything, or have already visited for the day. With over 50 pages of events it would be quite helpful. If this has already been brought up, then sorry for the repeat post, but I like the chairs in the friends view, but it would also be nice if it grey out in the Events views in your town hall.

Thank you and have a Happy New Year,
Vecdid
I still do tavern and aid at the same time...that way I look for the aid button to see if I have already visited tavern. They are both 24 hours so aiding and visiting at same time makes sense and put them pretty much on a schedule. If aid is showing I use the chair indicator to know whether to hit them both thus it is quick and easy....

DeletedUser19886

Anyone know if the boost from your tavern stacks on top of your guild boost or if it just replaces it?

Example: I get 24% recruitment boost from my guild, if I buy 35% does it go to 59% or just stay at 35%

DeletedUser27718

My Tavern is complete, friends (stay) at 139, and if someone applies, a friend with lowest value tablecloth gets dropped.
Found a BIG problem with Tavern, though, and I'm VERY upset...
YOU CAN ONLY BUY (with silver) 1 BOOST AT A TIME!?!
I normally use my silver for an extra turn negotiating in Guild Expedition.
However, I was doing a major upgrade to my city so I bought the 72 hour 75% off construction time boost
Then when GE started, I found that I couldn't get the extra turn unless I spend 50 diamonds, which I did hoping it would open a 2nd boost slot for the future (NOT).
(that is absurd since I'm trying to SAVE spending diamonds for extra turns)
So now I sit waiting for the stupid 72 hours to count down so I can continue with GE (YOU CAN'T EVEN CANCEL THE BOOST)
And with my Tavern full, at the end of 72hrs I will have so much silver it will be impossible to spend (1 boost at a time)
I will have over 30K silver, which will be impossible to spend.
WHY DO WE HAVE A TAVERN IF WE CAN'T SPEND THE SILVER FREELY, WITHOUT RESTRICTION???
THERE IS NO REASON TO UPGRADE YOUR TAVERN SINCE YOU CAN'T SPEND THE EXTRA SILVER IT WOULD EARN.
>If the 50 diamonds at least unlocked a 2nd boost spot for perpetuity that would be 'reasonable', but for each extra boost is insane.
>If Inno HAS to work diamonds into it, they could make each boost cost ####silver -OR- ##diamonds (or let you buy silver)
Tavern has been a great addition, so far, UNTIL I DISCOVERED THE UNANNOUNCED/NO WARNING DIAMOND RIP-OFF.
So if you plan on protecting your city, don't plan on doing anything else for 3 days.
---some of the boosts could be better thought out...
>since you only have 8 attempts in GE at a time, why have the 2 LONGER 1 extra turn boosts, which you can only use if you spend medals on more attempts...INSTEAD, you should be able to buy 1 extra turn, 2 extra turns, 3 extra turns (for those who aren't paying attention)
OR the 2nd and 3rd increment can come with extra attempts: 1extraTurn@15min/1extraTurn@30min+8 additional attempts/1extraTurn@60min+24 attempts
>and, yes, buying things should be an option...it could help boost purchasing extra silver for diamonds to buy some special seasonal items, like 100K for a wishing well...

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser14197

My Tavern is complete, friends (stay) at 139, and if someone applies, a friend with lowest value tablecloth gets dropped.
Found a BIG problem with Tavern, though, and I'm VERY upset...
YOU CAN ONLY BUY (with silver) 1 BOOST AT A TIME!?!
I normally use my silver for an extra turn negotiating in Guild Expedition.
However, I was doing a major upgrade to my city so I bought the 72 hour 75% off construction time boost
Then when GE started, I found that I couldn't get the extra turn unless I spend 50 diamonds, which I did hoping it would open a 2nd boost slot for the future (NOT).
(that is absurd since I'm trying to SAVE spending diamonds for extra turns)
So now I sit waiting for the stupid 72 hours to count down so I can continue with GE (YOU CAN'T EVEN CANCEL THE BOOST)
And with my Tavern full, at the end of 72hrs I will have so much silver it will be impossible to spend (1 boost at a time)
I will have over 30K silver, which will be impossible to spend.
WHY DO WE HAVE A TAVERN IF WE CAN'T SPEND THE SILVER FREELY, WITHOUT RESTRICTION???
THERE IS NO REASON TO UPGRADE YOUR TAVERN SINCE YOU CAN'T SPEND THE EXTRA SILVER IT WOULD EARN.
>If the 50 diamonds at least unlocked a 2nd boost spot for perpetuity that would be 'reasonable', but for each extra boost is insane.
>If Inno HAS to work diamonds into it, they could make each boost cost ####silver -OR- ##diamonds (or let you buy silver)
Tavern has been a great addition, so far, UNTIL I DISCOVERED THE UNANNOUNCED/NO WARNING DIAMOND RIP-OFF.
So if you plan on protecting your city, don't plan on doing anything else for 3 days.
---some of the boosts could be better thought out...
>since you only have 8 attempts in GE at a time, why have the 2 LONGER 1 extra turn boosts, which you can only use if you spend medals on more attempts...INSTEAD, you should be able to buy 1 extra turn, 2 extra turns, 3 extra turns (for the real morons)
OR the 2nd and 3rd increment can come with extra attempts: 1extraTurn@15min/1extraTurn@30min+8 additional attempts/1extraTurn@60min+24 attempts
>and, yes, buying things should be an option...it could help boost purchasing extra silver for diamonds to buy some special seasonal items, like 100K for a wishing well...

You have some good points I had not thought of. I am simply collecting silver in my main city and not spending it. Now I see, I might as well spend it since I am already up to 30 or 40k, I will never be able to spend it all. Just adds to the pointlessness of the tavern to me. If I start doing GE again, perhaps I will use it up though getting the extra attack boost, though somehow I lose some of the satisfaction of completing it if I have to use a boost to do it. Oh Well.

Some might say that not allowing 2 at a time adds to the challenge of the game. One really has to plan it out to get the most benefit of the silver. Lucky for you, it is probably pretty rare for you to do a major overhaul of your city, so perhaps you won't need 2 at the same time often.

Also, I have heard this before, INNO is a business, so making money is top priority. So in that sense it makes perfect sense to make one pay diamonds to use 2 at a time. Sure seems like a lot of diamonds to use, but than, all except for the extra turn in negotiations, which is only 10 diamonds and really the instant scout which I believe is 50, but may at times be worth it, I pretty much think all diamonds costs are really high.

You might want to leave out the name calling.

DeletedUser27718

You have some good points I had not thought of. I am simply collecting silver in my main city and not spending it. Now I see, I might as well spend it since I am already up to 30 or 40k, I will never be able to spend it all. Just adds to the pointlessness of the tavern to me. If I start doing GE again, perhaps I will use it up though getting the extra attack boost, though somehow I lose some of the satisfaction of completing it if I have to use a boost to do it. Oh Well.

Some might say that not allowing 2 at a time adds to the challenge of the game. One really has to plan it out to get the most benefit of the silver. Lucky for you, it is probably pretty rare for you to do a major overhaul of your city, so perhaps you won't need 2 at the same time often.

Also, I have heard this before, INNO is a business, so making money is top priority. So in that sense it makes perfect sense to make one pay diamonds to use 2 at a time. Sure seems like a lot of diamonds to use, but than, all except for the extra turn in negotiations, which is only 10 diamonds and really the instant scout which I believe is 50, but may at times be worth it, I pretty much think all diamonds costs are really high.
I understand that, that's why I offered up alternate ways for Inno to charge diamonds. It is broken this way since you can't spend your silver without spending diamonds which is why you are spending silver in the first place...insane, poorly thought out.
What is the instant scout?

DeletedUser14197

I understand that, that's why I offered up alternate ways for Inno to charge diamonds. It is broken this way since you can't spend your silver without spending diamonds which is why you are spending silver in the first place...insane, poorly thought out.
What is the instant scout?

It is when you go to scout a province. Sometimes it may take 2 days or more in the higher ages. You can pay diamonds to scout instantly. If I remember correctly, it cost 50 diamonds no matter how long the scout is for. I have used it before if I needed to get it done quickly for a quest and the quest ws worth it. Hasn't happened often, but nice to know it is a possibility.

DeletedUser27718

Right, thanks, I do that, too...it would be nice if it were pro-rated

DeletedUser8420

ok dont know about anyone else but this tavern is becoming a major source of irritation and aggravation, with all the clicking and the amount of time you need to devote to it.

click to scroll through, click to visit tavern, click to close tavern, click to aid, click click click click....grrrrrrrrr

DeletedUser14197

ok dont know about anyone else but this tavern is becoming a major source of irritation and aggravation, with all the clicking and the amount of time you need to devote to it.

click to scroll through, click to visit tavern, click to close tavern, click to aid, click click click click....grrrrrrrrr

I totally agree. It is worse than aiding and if they left the game alone, we wouldn't need silver for much of anything anyway. The only thing I can think of I might use it for is attack bonus in GE or 4th try in negotiation and I haven't yet used it for either. I can see where those who get plundered might like the city shield, but personally, the only thing the tavern has added to the game for me is the overall weariness it brings to it. I thought aiding was boring. Well the tavern is much much worse. Now they need to add a reward to GE to sit in all available taverns. lol. Just like soon we will get rewards for GE like expedition attempts. I guess if anyone does level 4 they may need them, but it won't likely be me.

DeletedUser8152

You should post on chat and get a group of 'no tavern' friends together. Then you can blissfully ignore it with no guilt or worry :)

DeletedUser13838

I'm not particularly find of the tavern though now that it's maxxed out it's not as tiresome. That said, I can quickly aid everyone and do my daily pub crawl in about 5-10 minutes (on one world) using my ipad. It'd take a lot longer on a computer. But to completely ignore taverns could cost you 10-20 fps/day.

DeletedUser26965

...It'd take a lot longer on a computer...
I don't think so, I even tested it. Takes longer on mobile because you have to double click(tap) and can't see beforehand who needs aid/sit because it opens another window whereas pc you just click once and move on.

DeletedUser13838

I don't think so, I even tested it. Takes longer on mobile because you have to double click(tap) and can't see beforehand who needs aid/sit because it opens another window whereas pc you just click once and move on.
I don't know what device you're using but I can definitely see who can be aided/visited before tapping and you can tap very quickly anywhere to get out of the popup tavern (ie tapping twice will open and close it). And the social bar autoscrolls except for guild. Contrast that on a pc with having to click forward every 5 users and make sure you click on those tiny buttons from the bar or worse have to load the event history.