• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Friends Tavern Feedback

DeletedUser17020

I think that just as it is with Aiding anyone in the Guildmate or Neighbor realm there is a record in the event log to determine who is reciprocating it should also be with those who are visiting the Tavern. In the long run no one is going to want to retain a friend that is not contributing in kind.

DeletedUser26965

K, look, I don't care HOW they fix the seat issue I just care that they do. With 140 friends it's getting real tedious real fast clicking on every chair only to find their table is full and having to come back later to do it all over again. I just want to see next to that friend avatar if I can sit at their tavern without clicking anything, how they do that I don't care.

In the meantime I'm using the aid button as an indicator so when I do sit at their table I click the aid button and that gives me a 24hr timer visual however this only solves part of the problem as yes it shows when I can sit but doesn't tell me if their table is full, plus I would like to get back to aiding as normal but for now at least it helps a little. Also not having a chair on the guild members list is messing me up.

DeletedUser6480

I think that just as it is with Aiding anyone in the Guild mate or Neighbor realm there is a record in the event log to determine who is reciprocating it should also be with those who are visiting the Tavern. In the long run no one is going to want to retain a friend that is not contributing in kind.
I agree!

DeletedUser6480

Would it be possible to gray out the tavern button of friend you have already visited within the past 24 hours, as it does for the aid button? This would be greatly helpful in seeing who I have or have not already visited without having to go all the way into the tavern. It is frustrating to have to go all the way in just to find out that you have already been there that day, or the friend has no open seats. I think many people are doing this for now, but think it will slow down for some people just because of the time involved visit all of your friends multiple times per day. Thanks,
HTR
Yes that would be helpful with having so many friends and I don't visit everyone at once. So knowing who I already visit would help for sure.

DeletedUser14197

This tavern feature is too time consuming to do in all 6 of my cities for me at least. I need to sit less, not more. So I have decided not to do the tavern in some of my cities. I didn't see a remove all friends button, but think it would be nice if there was one. I plan on deleting all my friends in the cities I am not doing the tavern in to save people from clicking on my tavern just to find I don't collect from it anymore.

DeletedUser2355

Inno should see there way to allowing players to send out invites for the full 140 slots and not just 80 than this would all make more sense. I purposefully keep my list at 79 friends because this way I can send out invites to players who have/need goods. I put forth this proposal months ago. It was voted for in the affirmative. Do it Inno!
https://forum.us.forgeofempires.com...low-player-to-invite-up-to-140-friends.10799/

A mechanism needs to be developed to help players know what taverns they have already visited and which ones have seating available at a glance.:

https://forum.us.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/tavern-looks-great-and-all-but.15376/

Finally, it seems absurd to now have to fill up my friends list with guild mates. Let players visit guildmates from the guild social bar.:

https://forum.us.forgeofempires.com...al-add-tavern-symbol-to-all-guildmates.15433/

DeletedUser9195

I am sorry, but I do NOT like this new feature. I barely have time to keep up with everything else and find this a MAJOR time sink. It is WAY too labour intensive for little pay off.
Additionally it is a waste of friend's list because guild members want to be put on as friends. It is absolute chaos.
Please consider getting rid of it.

manlymanman

Actually it could even be simpler than that. Hide the chair if you can't sit for whatever reason. If you can sit, show the chair. Color coding runs into the problem of people with color blindness. This is simple and quick.
The wisdom of the crowd. Could you please be so, so kind as to make this a formal proposal? I will personally campaign for you and get you scores of upvotes.

DeletedUser14197

This new feature has led me to delete my friends list in 2 cities because it is too time consuming. People wants friends who are doing the tavern and I am no longer doing it in 2 of my cities and chances are I will discontinue doing it in a third. If you go click on all the chairs it is quite wearisome, so I tend to just return those who come to my tavern, yet many times I don't get a seat in theirs either. The concept is ok. And I am sure it achieves the games goal of getting people to keep coming back to the game and staring at their tavern till the seats are all full. However, for me, it has made the game a chore. There are a few good boosts, but they cost thousands of silver, so even after I finally some day get a full table, it may take awhile to get so much silver. Since the only boost that interests me is the one fo attack, but won't need that in the cities I quit the tavern since I quit GE in those cities as well. So I shouldn't miss it. The only thing I will miss is the aid, but we will see if I get enough from neighbors. If not, I may look for non tavern players to add as friends, or I may just quit those cities altogether.

Really it would have been nice if the tavern had its own list. We oculd have had 4 tabs at the bottom: neighbors, guild, friends, and tavern helpers. That would have made this totally a thing one could choose to do or not to do. The way it is now, people drop players who don't do the tavern, and if they don't because the person aids, they lose out of the chance of getting more silver.

GeaugaDog

It would be nice if the tavern button was grayed out if we already had visited it within 24 hours. This is already done when aiding the hood or guild so it is kinda strange that it isn't done for the tavern. The tavern is a nice addition though and gives some extra benefits to make the game more interesting.

DeletedUser11463

Do not implement something like this just before a holiday!!!! How many people are traveling and will not be able to log into the game. In the meantime, there are people sitting in taverns taking up seats for 2, 3 or more days while, the rest of us continue checking back to see a chair has opened up. Doing this right before a major travel holiday was one of the WORST ideas anyone has come up with.
So True! I had a bunch of long-time friends drop me because I was away over Thanksgiving and wasn't collecting my 3 chairs (or adding to their chairs).

DeletedUser11427

We need some way to track who is and isn't sitting at your table on a frequent basis. While some say they AID those who sit at their table, this interferes with those who may track who is and isn't aiding them.

DeletedUser8152

From the most recent announcement:
In the meantime the development team is working on some additional improvements for the friends tavern like an icon that displays if you can visit a friends' tavern or not.
Certainly this will be good.

DeletedUser25771

I posted my Tavern concerns yesterday on the Proposal thread: https://forum.us.forgeofempires.com...d-timeline-and-or-newsfeed.15451/#post-120345

However, I am now working my Tavern strictly from the friends list (other than collecting) so I can aid when I visit and track both at the same time, however this action now changes how I was tracking "friends" and "neighbors" who have aided me which I did from the Newsfeed (Event History). I think if the Tavern icon (next to the friend avatar) would light up when that person visited my tavern, then it would solve the tavern tracking problem in my situation anyway.

DeletedUser27711

Now that it is live...
I'm using the Aid button as a timer method only after a successful tavern visit. A better solution should be put out but it doesn't bother me that much using this method. Even if the solution isn't perfect I would prefer performance over some fancy & laggy one.

There is waaaaay too much drama floating around about the tavern. Get a grip people, even when only an Aid button was around there were people who play less frequently than you or even disappear for long stretches of time. This is the part where you make a decision. There is no obligation on the part of Inno to address this. The decision is totally yours to keep people or remove them as it always has been.

Same thing adding guildmates or not as friends.

Friend chat sounds like a good idea to me. That should have been released with the Tavern. At least a /friend command to global so chat goes to only friends.

Not completely sure what the reason for the limits of 80 invites but total 140 friends is all about. Wouldn't mind an official explanation. My only guess is they want veteran players to accept newer players as friends and not ignore them. I think Inno should let players manage their own friends list to 140.

On Brisgard chat is NOT being flooded all about the Tavern as some people here claim. The hype in fact is already dieing down. I cut maybe 6 people from my friends list who per forge-db hadn't been in the game in over 2 months. This is where that decision thing I mentioned comes into play.

I'm OK with guildies not being in this feature. Neighbors too, I view them as plunder targets anyways.

Please add the chair icon to guild bar if a guildie is also a friend. Bizarre it was left out since it also shows in the Neighborhood for friends.

Surprised there is no Tavern event entry. I know the Event window can take awhile to load sometimes. Looks to me the problem isn't that of adding an event but the servers Inno is using. There are a few things that lag and at certain times of the day. Get better servers.

It's clear that they are going to do more with this feature. Rome wasn't built in a day. [woa, getting historical] So calmly leave your feedback and stop being a drama queen. You know who you are.

ITown

Now that it is live...
I'm using the Aid button as a timer method only after a successful tavern visit. A better solution should be put out but it doesn't bother me that much using this method.

Unless your friends don't actually need aid, this is not a good solution because it negatively impacts the amount of aid they receive (especially if everyone else does this too).

My solution is simple. I attempt 1 tavern visit per player each day thru friends bar. Then I aid them, regardless of if I succeeded.

After that, I attempt to return visits in my tavern until I clear the table.

If neither of these methods get my friends, they're out of luck - I have no desire to spend all day trying to successfully visit each and every person.

DeletedUser27615

1. I would like to see some type of indicator when a tavern is open for visits. Right now, I'm only hitting the AID button on friends who's taverns I've visited, so I can keep track of where I've been.
This means that friends who have taverns that are always filled will not get AID from me. I hate to do it that way, but it's the only way to keep reasonable track. A chair that turns green when ready would save a ton of time for players.

2. I would like to see Guildies have the tavern option. I am refusing all friend requests right now to save spots for Guildies. As a founder, I feel I need to keep slots open for our NOOBS just finding their feet, and I want to help our strong players get stronger. If the Guild was included in the taverns, I could open my Friends list back up to outsiders.

DeletedUser23328

We hope you enjoy this new social feature and that you find it useful! We'd love to hear from you, so make sure to leave your feedback here!

Your Forge of Empires Team

Can the numbers in the shield above the tavern used to show how many seats you have left to fill be made larger so they can be actually read?

DeletedUser25771

I would just like to say that this Tavern is the greatest idea and the best thing that has happened to my city.:)
My chairs fill fast and my friends are the coolest ever, even the ladies are hotter and prettier too! Yes, I like the purdy ladies a lot
Yes, my city is getting motivated like never before, and the new Tavern traffic has even helped to level up my GBs.;)
Receiving new Blueprints more frequently too, I have never seen activity like this before. :D
And that's not all! o_O The Tavern Shop is another huge bonus as I got my city out of poverty after a major purchase , and now can also better ward off those plunder hungry crazy people from the future with a significant military boost .
Now how cool is all of that??

Thank you InnoGames for the great stimulus package , this is truly a great time to forge an empire with FoE. :p Merry Christmas!!

DeletedUser26154

I have no desire to spend all day trying to successfully visit each and every person.
ITown is right.
Inno struck solid gold with this idea.
All that's needed is to fine-tune it.
We The Players don't want to work through our friends every day.

f3a09015aa8edfde5e9680abb640fa66.png

"Work through" means "Clicking their chair 10 times a day".