• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Friends Tavern Feedback

DeletedUser9433

This may be a dumb question but how do I check on my Tavern to see if it has a few seats taken but not yet full?

DeletedUser27656

I thought it would be nice if there is a seat waiting list for the visits of friend's Tavern, and it automatically assigns seat when any seat becomes available, so I don't have to check back again and again during the day.

DeletedUser8420

I am now using the aid button as a visual on which tavern I have successfully visited. I add only when I have achieved a chair, so I see I haven't aided someone then I know I still have opp to get a chair in their tavern. If I have aided them, I know to slide on past because I have already been seated in their tavern. Hey it is working, saves me time.

DeletedUser8420

This may be a dumb question but how do I check on my Tavern to see if it has a few seats taken but not yet full?
over the tavern is a red box, it shows number of seats taken....ie...2/3 which means 2 of your 3 seats are currently occupied.

DeletedUser23444

1. If our ability or inability (due to we must wait 24-hours) to AID another player merits a cool-down timer below that other player's portrait in our Friends List, then certainly our ability or inability (due to we must wait 24-hours) to sit in a chair in another player's Tavern merits a similar cool-down timer as well, or at the very least a disappearing/ghosted/nulled out chair icon, when we cannot visit another player's Tavern. This business of each of us having absolutely no indication whose Tavern's we have successfully visited or whose Tavern that we have tried to visit unsuccessfully for the umpteenty-and-umpteenth time is ridiculous. It renders the new addition to the game more trouble than it is worth.

2. If an event, such as another player attempting to AID us (whether they were successful or not) merits an Event History log entry, then certainly when another player comes to our Tavern should also merit a similar log entry, but perhaps the button on this provided log entry should be: "Visit Tavern" as opposed to "Aid". This would (or should) be similar to how we can "Visit" a player who has attacked our city, or "AID" a player who has aided our city directly form the Event History Log.

It is absolutely incredible that we the players must time-and-again provide this type of feedback to Inno Games, any time they half-bake a new addition to this game. (Does anyone remember the new message system roll-out last year?) It is even more egregious that feedback like this is provided to Inno Games by Beta Testers and half-baked ideas still get implemented on live servers.

It is basic system design 101 that whenever designers/developers add new features to any existing system (and a video game is a very much a system), that they should always emulate, as much as practical, the GUI conventions and constructs that already exist in that system. It is called building an intuitive user interface. FoE players have already gotten used to relying on constructs such as a cool-down timer and Event History log entries. If the freaking designers/developers that work for Inno Games cannot understand this, or they couldn't figure this out on their own and craft new additions in accordance with their own system's established constructs and conventions, or they simply think it doesn't matter, then it is long past time to get new freaking designers/developers, because the ones currently employed by Inno Games absolutely suck!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser23444

I am now using the aid button as a visual on which tavern I have successfully visited. I add only when I have achieved a chair, so I see I haven't aided someone then I know I still have opp to get a chair in their tavern. If I have aided them, I know to slide on past because I have already been seated in their tavern. Hey it is working, saves me time.

Isn't is a shame that players must resort to things like this because the Inno Games designers/developers don't know how to do their freaking job?

Thanks for sharing this idea Cassaundrea, I'm going to pass it along to my guild and allied guilds!

DeletedUser9433

over the tavern is a red box, it shows number of seats taken....ie...2/3 which means 2 of your 3 seats are currently occupied.
I assumed it was understood that my Tavern is only visible to me when it fills up Right now it is nowhere to be found on all 5 of my worlds

DeletedUser8420

Isn't is a shame that players must resort to things like this because the Inno Games designers/developers don't know how to do their freaking job?

Thanks for sharing this idea Cassaundrea, I'm going to pass it along to my guild and allied guilds!
true, but both are 24 hour cool down between visits so it can make sense to use them together.

DeletedUser8420

I assumed it was understood that my Tavern is only visible to me when it fills up Right now it is nowhere to be found on all 5 of my worlds

if your tavern isn't visible, then you need to contact support, because you should be able to see it whether or not someone has taken a chair.

DeletedUser25474

Gonna get bored real quick of clicking on these chairs only to find out that the table is full or I've already been there for the day. The chair in my friend interface should only be there if I can scoot my toosh into a seat so I'm not wasting so much time.

DeletedUser18648

Would it be possible to gray out the tavern button of friend you have already visited within the past 24 hours, as it does for the aid button? This would be greatly helpful in seeing who I have or have not already visited without having to go all the way into the tavern. It is frustrating to have to go all the way in just to find out that you have already been there that day, or the friend has no open seats. I think many people are doing this for now, but think it will slow down for some people just because of the time involved visit all of your friends multiple times per day. Thanks,
HTR

DeletedUser27468

I can try to answer your questions....

No changes to the friend's list mechanics have been announced. So no.

The tavern is based on your friends list only.

My understanding is that the deleting 20 people feature only impacts new friends who join your list. If you get a new friend, they won't be able to visit your tavern for 24 hours. Existing friends won't have this limitation.

However, they want new players to the game to enjoy the tavern right away. So if you are new to the game, the 24 hour delay will not apply. The 24 hour delay will start to apply after you have removed 20 players from your list.
--> the instruction is not clear. from what I understand from your explanation, we don't have to delete 20 friends. This rule is set to prevent people to exchange friends too often. But from what I read, implicitly we are aksed to delete 20 friends from our list.

DeletedUser7289

My only complaint is: Dagnabbit, if I go sit in your tavern, I want a beer! Maybe change the icon to a beer mug for taverns that you've sat in...

DeletedUser26154

I click on my tavern many times a day to collect tavern silver and clear out who's in there.
This makes room for new people to sit in there and contribute more tavern silver.
I use the tavern coin boost buff during my huge once-a-day collection of houses and SoKs.

global ranking.png

DeletedUser16163

So far I am spending all my time visiting my friend's' taverns because I can not tell which taverns I have already visited and was able to sit at the table.
SUGGESTION: Color code the chair in the friend's list for each friend. GREEN - you can visit this friend and a chair is available. YELLOW - you could visit this friend but no chair is available. RED - you visited this friend already and took a seat at their table and are waiting the 24 hour period.

Zolta

Here is the Issue I have with this....

You say if you have friends that aid daily why would we need it so that guild members can visit the tavern as well...hum lets see here

Well I do not know about you but if people playing together in a Guild are to a points friends then I do not know what they would be My guild members help me and each other out all the time in friendly ways so yeah.

Also limited to 80 friends I can invite and 140 total yep had to go and delete GOOD friends so that my guild members (ya know my friends which by the way some of them are actually REAL life live near me Friends) can aid me in my tavern each day and well as I said to some of friends:

Sorry I have to delete you but the programmer's failed to take into concept that guild members might actually be friends as well and that if they grow a few brain cells and fix this I'd love for you to be my friend again

So yeah I really think you need to rethink this and make it so that my Friends err.. Guild members are allowed as well.

But hey that's just my 2 nuyens worth which probably counts for jack

Zolta