• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Friends Tavern Feedback

DeletedUser8152

Let players visit Taverns in their Guild and Neighborhood and you will eliminate this problem.
Well first, I think the 24 hour cooldown eliminates the problem. But if not, then why would opening it to guildies and neighbors help any?

qaccy

If Guilds & neighbors were included you wouldn't have to acquire Guilds or Neighbors as friends to visit/get visitors.

Neighborhood is the only list you can attack.

Guild is the only list you can trade with for free (also allows access to GvG and GE).

Friend list is the only list that can utilize the Friends Tavern. I don't see an issue with this; even the name tells you the intended audience. What's wrong with a feature that only the friend list has access to when the other two also have exclusive functionality?

DeletedUser24873

Not being able to see who you have visited or whose tables are full is a real deal buster on this! We were told from Beta that something would be done about this and there were more than just a few posts about it there. I can't begin to tell you how disappointed I am that it was implemented in live without that being done! Is there a timeline or date we can expect that to be done? It is not very usable as is!

Algona

Ugh.

Not being able to see who you have visited or whose tables are full is a real deal buster on this!

I agree. As is the Friends Tavern is a steaming pile of male bovine dooky.

Please move the table screen up so we can keep clicking the individual visit friends tavern buttons w/o closing the previous tavern screen. Yoday.

Then get some kind of easy to see highlighting for already visited and currently full tables.

Last edited:

pabell59

Maybe this question has been asked, but I am new to this forum and don't quite know how to navigate yet. Friends Tavern:
1. Does just visiting your friend give them silver or do you have to do something?
2. Do you need to talk to whomever is there?
3. Should your friend be in the empty chair (is this a bug)?
4. What can you do with the silver besides upgrading your tavern?

ITown

There was a massive amount of negative feedback about the tavern on beta because the interface is so poorly thought out. Please fix:
- hide tavern visit button when on cooldown
- show indicator on tavern button that either shows # of open seats or a red dot for full
- Add a new feature to News tab in town hall for Tavern visit history (don't add to event history)

DeletedUser8420

ok I see this as becoming a major irritation since there is no indicator that you have already visited a tavern or the friends tavern is already full. Please change color of tavern chair to red if one has already visited or no empty chairs.

DeletedUser27379

Currently, there is no notification if someone visited our tavern in the News listing under the Town Hall, nor is there any incentive to actually visit others, since it is impossible to know who visited ours without writing down the names of those in the seats manually, which no one is going to do.

The button to visit someone's tavern is tiny and gives no indication that you have successfully visited or if you are in the 24-hour cool-down period. You basically have to keep hitting the button and hoping you get a seat, wasting a ton of time clicking on those you have already visited.

If the Tavern visit button worked as the Aid button currently works, where it is not clickable after a successful visit, we could at least go quickly through our friends list and click the ones we still need to visit.

Without a simple way to visit or incentive to do so, I fear this feature is likely to be very unsuccessful and ignored.

DeletedUser27654

it would be good if the chair icon would change once you have visited a tavern so you dont have to go back to it for 24 hours. without some indicator that you have found an open chair in that particular tavern you would end up going back to it several times while you try to find chairs in the rest of the taverns. I have gone trough the list several times trying to visit all of my friends and it is unnecessarily tedious. If the arrow would go away once you have found a chair in that tavern it would be a good signal .

DeletedUser26773

Get rid of the 20 friends removal rule (placing 24 hour timer on visiting tavern) - it is annoying a lot of players and it defeats the purpose of the tavern, for people to interact. If the problem is players using global chat too much then just create another chat channel for it. Players will be a lot more active in the game without this silly rule.
While your at it, remove the friends list limit, again, another silly rule that only serves to annoy players and impedes game play.

DeletedUser26773

Get rid of the 20 friends removal rule (placing 24 hour timer on visiting tavern) - it is annoying a lot of players and it defeats the purpose of the tavern, for people to interact. If the problem is players using global chat too much then just create another chat channel for it. Players will be a lot more active in the game without this silly rule.
While your at it, remove the friends list limit, again, another silly rule that only serves to annoy players and impedes game play.
There is a large silent majority who hate the 20-friend removal rule.

DeletedUser24873

Maybe this question has been asked, but I am new to this forum and don't quite know how to navigate yet. Friends Tavern:
1. Does just visiting your friend give them silver or do you have to do something?
2. Do you need to talk to whomever is there?
3. Should your friend be in the empty chair (is this a bug)?
4. What can you do with the silver besides upgrading your tavern?

Pabell in response to your questions:
1) All you need to do is visit your friend, and if there is a chair available you will sit down and Tavern Silver will automatically be added to the table. If there is not a chair available no Tavern Silver is added and you have not helped your Friend and may want to try again after he collects the coins from a full table.
2) You do not need to do anything, other than take a chair.
3) Your friend does not interact with you in the tavern, in fact there is no actual interaction in the tavern.
4) If you open your tavern, near the top are two tabs, one is labeled Tavern shop. Open that and it will show you all the things you can buy with your Tavern Silver.

In order to get more silver you need more chairs, to get more chairs you need more silver, so upgrade your table and after a while you will be able to start saving silver instead of just upgrading your table. Takes about 2-3 weeks of normal play to get a table for 14.

Hope that helps

DeletedUser26311

Definitely agree with these comments! I need an indicator (similar to the Aid feature) to let me know which taverns I have not visited yet.

DeletedUser20367

There was a massive amount of negative feedback about the tavern on beta because the interface is so poorly thought out. Please fix:
- hide tavern visit button when on cooldown
- show indicator on tavern button that either shows # of open seats or a red dot for full
- Add a new feature to News tab in town hall for Tavern visit history (don't add to event history)

Actually it could even be simpler than that. Hide the chair if you can't sit for whatever reason. If you can sit, show the chair. Color coding runs into the problem of people with color blindness. This is simple and quick.

Algona

Actually it could even be simpler than that. Hide the chair if you can't sit for whatever reason. If you can sit, show the chair. Color coding runs into the problem of people with color blindness. This is simple and quick.

This. Perfect solution.