• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Friends Tavern Feedback

DeletedUser26311

Actually it could even be simpler than that. Hide the chair if you can't sit for whatever reason. If you can sit, show the chair. Color coding runs into the problem of people with color blindness. This is simple and quick.
Inno, Please Do This! PLEASE! Otherwise, my interest will quickly wain...

DeletedUser26965

Please Inno, Tavern needs this:

1. A Friends Chat Tab
  2. Lift the 100 people restriction for messages to accommodate 140 friends at once
  3. An indicator next to friends avatar that shows they have a seat open
  4. An indicator next to friends avatar that shows that you can sit there or not

DeletedUser26108

Inno, Please Do This! PLEASE! Otherwise, my interest will quickly wain...

Throwing in my support. Please please make this happen. This should be an easy change that will keep this feature alive. Right now we already have folks complaining that they can see who they've been to or not and will stop visiting.

Feirefis

Here's an alternative to the tavern history idea - make it so each person's icon in your tavern can be clicked on to visit his/her tavern.
This is the current status. You get "Visit tavern" if you click on a present guest in the tavern.

qaccy

All the folks wanting some sort of indicator on the social bar for tavern seat availability - this isn't (currently) possible. The social bar does not update in real-time, so it would not be accurate except for immediately after loading the game.

The simplest solution is to just have the button disappear until 24 hours after you've sat down at the table. Perhaps as a corollary they can add in that if you fail to sit, you still leave a small amount of silver and start the 24h timer - that way you as a visitor don't have to keep checking back, and it still promotes checking your own tavern regularly (to clear out seats so visitors can leave more silver).

DeletedUser25273

Some parts of the social bar do update asynchronously. Is someone sends you a friend request, they appear on your bar without you needed to 'reload'.

It could well be that updating that much information from that many places is a problem (which may be why the fix is delayed).

DeletedUser8420

Do not implement something like this just before a holiday!!!! How many people are traveling and will not be able to log into the game. In the meantime, there are people sitting in taverns taking up seats for 2, 3 or more days while, the rest of us continue checking back to see a chair has opened up. Doing this right before a major travel holiday was one of the WORST ideas anyone has come up with.

DeletedUser24618

Question.....the delete friends button is gone, so how do I delete the 21 friends I have that have probably left the game. They aren't in my aid list. I could do it there. Help!!!

DeletedUser9433

Question.....the delete friends button is gone, so how do I delete the 21 friends I have that have probably left the game. They aren't in my aid list. I could do it there. Help!!!
There may be an easier method but if you go to the Global Rankings then type in their name in the search box you can click on their name and delete them.

DeletedUser24459

Just click on your friends name on the social bar. A menu will pop up that includes the option to remove

DeletedUser26660

All guildmates should have the Tavern symbol automatically added to their picture, there is a space there anyway doing nothing so why not do this? It would free up friends space that guildmates currently have to use to allow them to visit and that in turn would allow even more players to become friends and visit each others Taverns...simple.

qaccy

Some parts of the social bar do update asynchronously. Is someone sends you a friend request, they appear on your bar without you needed to 'reload'.

It does update the names when you receive/send a request or delete someone, but I believe that's all it does. Scores do not change during this sort of 'update' to the list, which is the biggest indicator to me that the only way to truly update status is by reloading the game. The GB button may or may not update, but the status of this one does not change often anyway. This is why I believe having the button function like the one for aiding would be simpler and more likely to implement than having it change color or anything else that requires getting data from each friend's city constantly without input from the one clicking through the list.

Do not implement something like this just before a holiday!!!! How many people are traveling and will not be able to log into the game. In the meantime, there are people sitting in taverns taking up seats for 2, 3 or more days while, the rest of us continue checking back to see a chair has opened up. Doing this right before a major travel holiday was one of the WORST ideas anyone has come up with.

Does this really even matter? As negative and hyperbolic as usual with the 'worst thing ever' part.

-Anubis-

Forge of Empires team,

The friend’s tavern is a wonderful addition to Forge of Empires. There is one improvement that needs to be made though. There is currently no way of telling if I’ve helped someone for the day or if they even have empty seats. I have an idea that might help players keep track of who’ve you have helped for the day.

If Forge of Empires, would placed a different colored live icon, in place or added to the tavern icon; this would let us know what the particular tavern status is for each “Friend”. For example:

• Green: I have not helped today and there are empty chair(s) available.
  • Red: I have not helped today and NO chair currently available.
  • Gray: I have helped for the day.

I use “Aid” feature via the events area, and use its sort feature, so I would also like to see something done there as well.

I’d hate to see the work put into developing this feature go to waste by players not utilizing it only because they have to either remember who they haven’t helped for the day or as some of my friends have said it’s a one and done for the day. In other words, if there aren’t any empty seats its tough luck for the day.

DeletedUser25273

One comment about it being a holiday. Remember, Inno is a GERMAN company, and serves many places, not just the United States. How would you feel if they released this feature on all the other servers, but decide to hold off the release on the US by a week or so. I suspect the outrage of slighting the US would be enormous.

Now, as it turns out, this feature seems to have a number of problems that were seen on Beta, and probably should have caused fixes to be worked out there before release, but Inno had some bad planning and made a public announcement about the feature, with a release date, before the problems could be fixed. Likely the release date was set when they had the code 'working' but before they could get the operational feedback.

This does seem to be a common issue with their Beta program. They use Beta to verify that the feature works as designed, but not as intended (does the code meet the specifications, not does it result in the intended operation).

DeletedUser18225

How do I delete a friend now? I read above that an option would be on the friends bar but there is nothing there. The only way is if they visit my tavern, then I see an option to defriend them and why would I want to defiend someone who is helping me?!?

DeletedUser25273

On the social bar (and many other places) click on the players NAME. A menu will pop up and one of the options will be to stop being a friend (unless they aren't, then that option will be to add as a friend). It also has options like visit, visit tavern (if a friend), and write message.

DeletedUser19835

Would it be possible to to add a color to chair icon, similar to aid button, to inform the player
that its been 24hrs and the tavern has open chairs.
I find myself doing the friends list 2 to 3 times a day in hopes that when I visit a tavern they have an open chair.
Maybe, coordinate the visits to tavern in sinc with aid button, do both at same time.
Its a good idea, and players have welcomed the tavern to their cities with open minds to something new.
Thank you for your time.