• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Game freezes in firefox ALOT

hajiboy

In the last 2 or 3 days the game has been freezing a lot on me when using Firefox/Windows 10. I cleared the cache and data in the browser but that didn't help. It freezes when in the message center, now it froze when I clicked to claim a trained archer. It freezes multiple times a day. Any ideas on troubleshooting this?
It doesn't freeze on me when playing on android, but I much prefer a large monitor and a browser.

The Lady Redneck

I am having no problems. Are you sure you have the latest version of Firefox? I got an update message for mine a couple of days ago

Graviton

So, anyone, any ideas on troubleshooting this?

You've already done Step One, which was to clear the cache and browser data. Next I would try signing out of the game and signing back in. Then I would follow the advice above (ensure you're running the latest version of FF; try a different browser to compare performance). If none of that works I'd delete FF and reinstall it. If none of that works then the problem isn't the browser, it's either your connection or your computer.

RazorbackPirate

I would also recommend you remove any and all add-ons. With Chrome and Forefox, so much crap gets added in that's constantly running in the background, as well as the constant data overhead that comes from tracking your every move on the internet then phoning it home so they can monetize your very soul.

I would also recommend you dump FF completely and switch to Brave which does none of that stuff.

Iroh the Tea Maker

Try another browser?

if your voice is not an improvement over silence, it is a good idea to shut up.

@OP I am facing the same issue on Firefox. I chalked it upto my OS (Ubuntu) being buggy rather than the browser, but this makes me reconsider that conclusions. It started freezing fequently since early April for me.

Agent327

if your voice is not an improvement over silence, it is a good idea to shut up.

@OP I am facing the same issue on Firefox. I chalked it upto my OS (Ubuntu) being buggy rather than the browser, but this makes me reconsider that conclusions. It started freezing fequently since early April for me.

Try another browser?