• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Game is losing my attention

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pericles the Lion

The road to Hana, Maui is 64 miles of some of the most beautiful scenery in the world. A tourist can drive it like a local, do it in 90 minutes, and get the t-shirt. Or, take a relaxing 4ish hours and enjoy fantastic vistas, waterfalls, and beautiful beachs. Oh, you still get the t-shirt. IMO, FOE is much like the road to Hana. The enjoyment in in the journey, not the destination - a difference being INNO occasionally adds a few extra "miles" in the form of another world to explore.

Congratulations. I doubt there are many players in SAV that can say the same.

You my think you have reached the end, but looking at your city there are so many things to optimize, that it will keep you busy for the next couple of years.
Optimize? be specific because by using the one-up kit or renovation kit, every single building in my world is already at the Venus stage. How can I optimize more?

In addition, there are so many players (myself included) with a huge amount of forge points that when I get all the blueprints to raise a Great Building to the next level, within a day or two it gets raise and sometimes without me spendin one single forge point myself. I am not going to spend diamons to get the necessary blue prints to go up to the next level given that I already give forge points to the great buildings of other people and get loads of blueprints for doing that. I find that I am upgrading my great buildings is being done at a fast pace already because of all the forge points given to me. I find that I put up a new level to a great building and within an hour of two, I get other members putting up between 500 and 1000 forge points to that building...........and for what? to get more coins, more supplies, more medals, and more products and more forge points?............which I already have too many of?

So what do you suggest I optimize?

Johnny B. Goode

(which evidently you do not respect)
also something you don't respect
in a disrespectul way
At least Rodney Dangerfield was funny. "I'm bored" isn't the kind of post that is going to engender much respect for the player posting it.
this is not about what you (and others) want to accomplish but what I want to accomplish.
My recommendations on the changes that I believe should be made is what any service company requests as they are not here to do what they want but do what clients want
"Clients" or you? Which is it? If it's about what you want, just figure it out within the parameters of the existing game (which, by the way, is constantly changing). If it's about what "clients" want, then be open to other's viewpoints. And just to be clear, no one posting so far has agreed that the game needs a basic change like you're apparently asking for. Also, you haven't really made any recommendations other than a simply a demand for "something new", which is about as vague as you can get.
When you say that "forum regulars" have the same view as you do, you don't know that for a fact but I doubt it. I have already gotten quite a few "likes"
Not for a fact, but I've been a Forum regular for over 6 years, so I have a pretty fair idea of the general mindset. And you've gotten exactly one (1) like on your post, not "quite a few".
You post is that of a person that is willing to let others tell you what to do, how to do it, and also have to pay others for the pleasure of having them do it to you.
LOL. Even those here on the Forum who don't like me would tell you that this is way off.
. FYI, I am 76 years old and have been very successful in life accomplishing goals and objectives (more so than probably most people).
FYI I am 65 years old and have had a pretty good life so far. And I learned long ago not to get my self worth by measuring my life against that of "other people". Not that real life is relevant to the thread's topic.

Sharmon the Impaler

A single person doesn’t give the opinions of all. The last time that happened a logo was created of a pony with a rainbow coming out of its butt and put on National TV. Better to get a consensus first which you aren’t seeming to get.

At least Rodney Dangerfield was funny. "I'm bored" isn't the kind of post that is going to engender much respect for the player posting it.

"Clients" or you? Which is it? If it's about what you want, just figure it out within the parameters of the existing game (which, by the way, is constantly changing). If it's about what "clients" want, then be open to other's viewpoints. And just to be clear, no one posting so far has agreed that the game needs a basic change like you're apparently asking for. Also, you haven't really made any recommendations other than a simply a demand for "something new", which is about as vague as you can get.

Not for a fact, but I've been a Forum regular for over 6 years, so I have a pretty fair idea of the general mindset. And you've gotten exactly one (1) like on your post, not "quite a few".

LOL. Even those here on the Forum who don't like me would tell you that this is way off.

FYI I am 65 years old and have had a pretty good life so far. And I learned long ago not to get my self worth by measuring my life against that of "other people". Not that real life is relevant to the thread's topic.
Whatever. I have no desire to get into a confrontation with you (or with anyone). You have your opinion and I have mine. You think you are right and I think I am right and the reality is that I truly don't care what you think. Let's leave it at that.

67Sage101

My vote is a revamp of the entire game so that the mundane activity of satisfying quests can be renewed. I can only imagine that after 3 years of adding/deleting military buildings or solving a simple negotiation to satisfy the quest line, a normal person might be driven to insanity.

Agent327

Optimize? be specific because by using the one-up kit or renovation kit, every single building in my world is already at the Venus stage. How can I optimize more?

You claim you have nothing more to play for. You boast about being #492 on your world. You are proud to have 9 Venus age supply buildings. Any reason for that number or the type of buildings you use? What's the idea behind the GB's you have?

This is a strategy game, but all you have done so far is go through the motions. I can not detect any strategy in what you are doing.There is more to this game than doing all quests and get to the end of the techtree.

You claim you have nothing more to play for. You boast about being #492 on your world. You are proud to have 9 Venus age supply buildings. Any reason for that number or the type of buildings you use? What's the idea behind the GB's you have?

This is a strategy game, but all you have done so far is go through the motions. I can not detect any strategy in what you are doing.There is more to this game than doing all quests and get to the end of the techtree.
Tell me about what strategies you are talking about? Maybe I missed something. I don't know what that could be as I have done everything that the game has offered so far. I am in a guild and work hard to make it better. I have upgraded all my buildings as much as possible. I do guild expeditions and PVP's, I have finished all worlds. I have upgraded the buildings to give me the most attack and defensive power. I am #40 in PVP arena. I have just about reached every personal objectives available. So tell me, what else is there to do?

DevaCat

Tell me about what strategies you are talking about? Maybe I missed something. I don't know what that could be as I have done everything that the game has offered so far. I am in a guild and work hard to make it better. I have upgraded all my buildings as much as possible. I do guild expeditions and PVP's, I have finished all worlds. I have upgraded the buildings to give me the most attack and defensive power. I am #40 in PVP arena. I have just about reached every personal objectives available. So tell me, what else is there to do?
Goodby.

Ebeondi Asi

The OP here clearly wants to quit playing Foe. he has all the excuses not to try anything suggested... lined up in advance. Then quit.
Good bye. maybe in a year if you feel the need return. no problem. No one cares you want to quit. LOL
As for for the whine about he has all his building in VenusEra.. Ar they the best possible buildings yo can have? I know he is all set to quit, but I have tossed endless lesser buildings when a better one is available to me.
I guess he has forty plus Eagle mountains in his city?

Kranyar the Mysterious

I looked at the op's city, and in my opinion it is lacking in so many ways it isn't funny. A second rate city at best. Yet they clicked off all the research points the game provides and think they've accomplished everything and beat the game. That the op can't see what they haven't accomplished indicates that no amount of posting here will convince them otherwise. I too suggest that the op needs to find another game, because this one will never satisfy their need for instant gratification or follow the dots gameplay. This is also another case that shows up how much Inno has failed all of us by making it too easy to age up when a player doesn't understand the strategic part of the game and has an underdeveloped city.

Agent327

I asked you some questions. You did not reply.

Was that a sarcastic remark?

I don't need you (or anyone else) to tell me when to leave and a "good bye" remark is pure sarcasm given that we don't know each other and whether I leave or don't is of no importance to you.

All my GB's (15 of them) are tailored toward forge points, battle strength and soldiers, and Goods. There are absolutely no other buildings that I want, need or desire.

I have 13 supply buildings with 9 of them being of Venus. The reason I put them up is because since I got into Mars, supplies were greatly needed to finish quests. (even daily quests) but now I have 1.1 billion supplies. I don't take them down because supplies are always needed for just about everything but then again, I don't need (or can use) more supplies or supply buildings. I would exchange a few of them if I had buildings to replace them with but there are no buildings whatsoever that I want to replace them with. None available in the game anymore. I have them all, the ones I need or want. I do every event and usually (not every time but mostly), I do install the building in the event into my city. But only do that when the building offers more military stength (supplies and coins and even forge points are no longer needed or useful). My only thrust right now is to get more defense and offense. By the same token, I very rarely get attacked and I don't like to attack other players either, especially since there is little to obtain with the attack (more coins, supplies, forge points or medals). As it is, I don't even need knowledge or strategy to fight anymore since I am already strong enough to repel almost anything (except the very strongest) with auto battle. That scenario perhaps occurs 10% or less and I can just avoid those without it causing any problem.

There really isn't anything new to "shoot for". It is just repetive to the nth degree with absolutely no goals left to achieve.

Last edited:

Agent327

All my GB's (15 of them) are tailored toward forge points, battle strength and soldiers, and Goods. There are absolutely no other buildings that I want, need or desire.

All your GB's?

Virgo Project
Flying Island
Temple of Relics

That isn't tailored at all. That is just something that can happen. Rather than having one GB at a high level, you have several that basically do the same? No buildings to replace your supply buildings with? Special buildings can replace them. Same for goods production. Your highest GB is the Temple of Relics at level 44. That is your GB to focus on???

Funny thing is, you think your city is tailored towards what you want (it absolutely isn't) and it is those rewards you complain about.

Sharmon the Impaler

All your GB's?

Virgo Project
Flying Island
Temple of Relics

That isn't tailored at all. That is just something that can happen. Rather than having one GB at a high level, you have several that basically do the same? No buildings to replace your supply buildings with? Special buildings can replace them. Same for goods production. Your highest GB is the Temple of Relics at level 44. That is your GB to focus on???

Funny thing is, you think your city is tailored towards what you want (it absolutely isn't) and it is those rewards you complain about.

Attack focused is :

CdM
CoA
SoZ
AO
TA
Traz

Kraken will help slow manual fights but is useless in the snowplow method in GbG , the charges are gone in seconds.

All at 80 or higher

Rounded off by the HC which doesn't help with attack but makes it more fun
A city with supplies buildings outside of event specific is not at all developed
Japanese , Vikings and Egyptian should be completed
ToR as a secondary attack helper because GE is a great source for units of your era so it should be done to 64 each season.

I can't see their city as you can Agent but I betcha a forge point that it has less than half of the levels mentioned and probably not all of them even

Arc should be at 100 or higher to make leveling the above buildings much easier.

DevaCat

Was that a sarcastic remark?

I don't need you (or anyone else) to tell me when to leave and a "good bye" remark is pure sarcasm given that we don't know each other and whether I leave or don't is of no importance to you.

I have 13 supply buildings with 9 of them being of Venus. The reason I put them up is because since I got into Mars, supplies were greatly needed to finish quests. (even daily quests) but now I have 1.1 billion supplies. I don't take them down because supplies are always needed for just about everything but then again, I don't need (or can use) more supplies or supply buildings. I would exchange a few of them if I had buildings to replace them with but there are no buildings whatsoever that I want to replace them with. None available in the game anymore. I have them all, the ones I need or want. I do every event and usually (not every time but mostly), I do install the building in the event into my city. But only do that when the building offers more military stength (supplies and coins and even forge points are no longer needed or useful). My only thrust right now is to get more defense and offense. By the same token, I very rarely get attacked and I don't like to attack other players either, especially since there is little to obtain with the attack (more coins, supplies, forge points or medals). As it is, I don't even need knowledge or strategy to fight anymore since I am already strong enough to repel almost anything (except the very strongest) with auto battle. That scenario perhaps occurs 10% or less and I can just avoid those without it causing any problem.

There really isn't anything new to "shoot for". It is just repetive to the nth degree with absolutely no goals left to achieve.
You should not conflate terseness with sarcasm, nor hostility. My statement was an honest response, and frankly applies to the last sentence of your statement above. I usually don’t bother even responding to posts like yours as it is wasted effort on my part, but I have some time to kill between timers, so why not?

Your posts have been statements not questions, you clearly think your own assessment of your city (not “world”) and gameplay is correct, and that there is not any advice anyone could give you that is of any use to you. You complain (I didn’t say whine) that you have reached the end of content and that it is now just the same old same old and you would like something different to engage your interest, yet you offer no suggestions for that something different, other than you don’t want it to be what is already offered by the game as it is. That sound about right?

The reason I usually don’t bother to respond to posts like this in-game or in the Forum is that the poster is not asking for advice or the answer to any question but is rather looking for confirmation of his point of view and/or making some sort of brag. For the latter I will rely on others to analyze your city; I generally trust their judgements and I have no interest in pursuing it.

You are correct in one respect: I don’t care whether you stay or go.

Status
Not open for further replies.