• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Game isnt intuitive

DeletedUser40015

Just letting you know, game post tutorial is absolute trash. Maybe you should let a new player know that the places that the tutorial MAKES you place huts, makes future progress IMPOSSIBLE. Placing your 3rd hut, your spearhunter barracks, your pottery center is not possible given the placement of your buildings that the tutorial forces you to place. It wouldnt be so bad if you actually told us that we HAVE TO MOVE the buildings the tutorial made us place, in order to continue the game. Doing what the advisor says and placing stilt huts with a message "must be connected to town hall or next to a road" is worthless when I am unable to build more roads and placing a hut LITERALLY next to the town hall does nothing. (Because the hut is to the left of the town hall but sitting RIGHT NEXT TO IT, its not good enough). I am surprised anyone actually plays this game. You cant even set us up on a path of progression correctly, but I'm going to believe this is a game worth investing in. What a joke.

Last edited by a moderator:

Emberguard

@Tk61951 Question. Have you played any other city builders before? And when you arrange your city do you know you can delete things to make room for other buildings? 'Cause I don't recall deleting things being touched on by the tutorial

DeletedUser38090

@Tk61951 How much does this game have to coddle you for you to get it? Maybe if it's so difficult for you to get it from just the tutorial, this game might not be worth it for you to invest time in, but consider what other folks have to say.

DeletedUser8428

Just letting you know, game post tutorial is absolute trash. Maybe you should let a new player know that the places that the tutorial MAKES you place huts, makes future progress IMPOSSIBLE. Placing your 3rd hut, your spearhunter barracks, your pottery center is not possible given the placement of your buildings that the tutorial forces you to place. It wouldnt be so bad if you actually told us that we HAVE TO MOVE the buildings the tutorial made us place, in order to continue the game. Doing what the advisor says and placing stilt huts with a message "must be connected to town hall or next to a road" is worthless when I am unable to build more roads and placing a hut LITERALLY next to the town hall does nothing. (Because the hut is to the left of the town hall but sitting RIGHT NEXT TO IT, its not good enough). I am surprised anyone actually plays this game. You cant even set us up on a path of progression correctly, but I'm going to believe this is a game worth investing in. What a joke.
Tk , I understand the frustration and need to rant, but it's more productive to post and ask for help. There isn't a tutorial anywhere, for any software, that can answer every question you have.

If you want assistance in building a city to your greatest benefit, asking questions in the Questions thread is usually helpful

DeletedUser

It wouldnt be so bad if you actually told us that we HAVE TO MOVE the buildings the tutorial made us place, in order to continue the game.
The tutorial shows you clearly that you can move buildings. I'm guessing the developers assumed that almost all players could then deduce that they would have to move buildings at some point. Or simply deduce that moving buildings would be the logical solution when faced with the space/layout dilemma. Apparently they were right. Almost all players have made those simple deductions from the information in the tutorial.

DeletedUser33179

No offense meant to you personally... But if you're completely confused & frustrated with the initial tutorial, then this particular city building game (with PvP components) is quite likely not the best choice for you at this time. Perhaps gaining experience playing more basic city building games for a while would prove beneficial (& more enjoyable).

Lancer

After the initial tutorial is done showing you the basics, you can choose to place, move, add, or delete anything you wish. Every time you create a new city in another world you must go through the tutorial process again. It's not a must to stick with what you have after the tutorial is finished and have to proceed from there. You can alter anything after the tutorial instructions are over.

cton2.forge

Are you serious with this? You want a game that plays itself for you.

I just want it to do all my daily aiding and plundering. Oh! And collections please! Or I would be okay with a button that does all those things without my having to do it all myself. HUUUGE time saver.... lol