• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Game strategy

I notice that the vast majority of the highest ranking players cities are basically Great Buildings and Shrines of awe. Ever since we went from coins and supplies to goods for ranking players have migrated from city contruction age to age with coin and supply production to this new model that integrates little of the civilization building and just a lazy strategy to get ahead.

I have resisted this tendency but now I must confess I am having to adopt it to stay competitive. The other issue is that I enjoy playing on many servers but now there is no real incentive for this. In order to advance I will need to idle most of my servers and concentrate on battling in only two or three to increase my rank.

Any thoughts?

DeletedUser31440

Shrines of Awe? I'm assuming you meant SoK's, otherwise yes that is how you compete with top players, but there is no reward for doing so. Just play in a way that is fun for you.

Agent327

I notice that the vast majority of the highest ranking players cities are basically Great Buildings and Shrines of awe. Ever since we went from coins and supplies to goods for ranking players have migrated from city contruction age to age with coin and supply production to this new model that integrates little of the civilization building and just a lazy strategy to get ahead.

I have resisted this tendency but now I must confess I am having to adopt it to stay competitive. The other issue is that I enjoy playing on many servers but now there is no real incentive for this. In order to advance I will need to idle most of my servers and concentrate on battling in only two or three to increase my rank.

Any thoughts?

Just one thought. You are WRONG!!!

You will not find one shrine of awe in those cities.

DeletedUser31440

Oz,

If there is no reward then why do these players all do it?

I can only speculate, but people can be competitive, for them the purpose of a game isn't enjoyment of playing but enjoyment of being on top. They get their satisfaction from seeing their names on the top of the totem pole and that is worth the boring gameplay to get there.

I can only speculate, but people can be competitive, for them the purpose of a game isn't enjoyment of playing but enjoyment of being on top. They get their satisfaction from seeing their names on the top of the totem pole and that is worth the boring gameplay to get there.

I see, well unfortunately they also seem to posess inordinate combat power so they also seem to dominate the neighborhoods

DeletedUser31440

I see, well unfortunately they also seem to posess inordinate combat power so they also seem to dominate the neighborhoods

Yeah, 3 of the fp producing GB's boost attack as well, no surprise that if you are maximizing fp income you maximize attack as well. Also if you get off by having a bunch of ranking points, why would it be surprising to attack as many people as possible to maximize those ranking points?

Yeah, 3 of the fp producing GB's boost attack as well, no surprise that if you are maximizing fp income you maximize attack as well. Also if you get off by having a bunch of ranking points, why would it be surprising to attack as many people as possible to maximize those ranking points?
Yes, maximizing FPs seems to be the main advantage and having mainly GBs that auto elevate from age to age must be part of the points concept as well

Agent327

When you advance to a new era your GB point values increase automatically. These players must also be using diamonds to advance in the tech tree as they do not mass produce any goods..

They don't need to. Their GB's give goods and they are already at the end of the tech tree.

The value of your GBs levels increase with each new era. 5 points in Bronze age is worth 25 points or 5 times as much in Artic Age (For example)

Volodya

When you advance to a new era your GB point values increase automatically. These players must also be using diamonds to advance in the tech tree as they do not mass produce any goods..
If you focus on levelling your Chateau, you can use RQs to produce massive amounts of goods with zero goods buildings.

DeletedUser31440

The value of your GBs levels increase with each new era. 5 points in Bronze age is worth 25 points or 5 times as much in Artic Age (For example)

No, the value of goods increases, GB points values are based off the size of the GB, the Age/Era of the GB, the goods cost to construct it, and the fp's of completed levels.