• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Game strategy

DeletedUser31440

Well there is little thought to construction or production or strategy to advance from era to era, just let your GBs and specialty buildings do all the work and your SoKs provide all your FPs.

I will admit it's very effective, just seems to be lazy to me

Yes that is the lazy way, and those aren't the players that are dominating ranking points.

Kranyar the Mysterious

Players initally build fp producing buildings so they can level their great buildings (normally via guild swap threads and sniping).

After awhile they get their Arc to level 80, which allows the player to participate in 1.9 swaps to build up their other great buildings, and to help others raise their great buildings by locking positions easily.

Leveling up the other great buildings opens up just about every other type of gameplay available, whether trading goods acquired whit a Chateau or pummeling troops with attack great buildings.

In all cases these things become possible because of forge points, and one of the best sources for forge points early on is the SoK.

The SoK becomes such a fixture that even after a player doesn't really need them anymore, giving up that reliable stream of daily fp isn't considered an option.

I am hoping that some day I will be able to get rid of all my SoKs and replace them with something more attractive and at least as powerful. A city based around Cherry Blossom buildings, with other attractive special buildings and my gb's interspersed is high on my list, but is also a long way down the road, if ever.

DeletedUser31440

Seems that way to me, in my neighborhoods those with 50 million or more points all seem to focus on SoKs and GBs

And that tells you how many battles they are fighting each day, how much GvG land they are holding for their guild, the amount of fp swap or locking that they do, the number of quests they complete, the number of trades they are picking up in the market, or the amount of advice they are giving out in their guild? You can call it lazy I suppose, but it just comes off as jealousy in my mind.

And that tells you how many battles they are fighting each day, how much GvG land they are holding for their guild, the amount of fp swap or locking that they do, the number of quests they complete, the number of trades they are picking up in the market, or the amount of advice they are giving out in their guild? You can call it lazy I suppose, but it just comes off as jealousy in my mind.

Not really jealous at all, not meaning to be critical either. Everyone plays in the way they see fit. I am just curious as to why most of the 50 million plus players are doing this. If you play this way I mean no offense

Players initally build fp producing buildings so they can level their great buildings (normally via guild swap threads and sniping).

After awhile they get their Arc to level 80, which allows the player to participate in 1.9 swaps to build up their other great buildings, and to help others raise their great buildings by locking positions easily.

Leveling up the other great buildings opens up just about every other type of gameplay available, whether trading goods acquired whit a Chateau or pummeling troops with attack great buildings.

In all cases these things become possible because of forge points, and one of the best sources for forge points early on is the SoK.

The SoK becomes such a fixture that even after a player doesn't really need them anymore, giving up that reliable stream of daily fp isn't considered an option.

I am hoping that some day I will be able to get rid of all my SoKs and replace them with something more attractive and at least as powerful. A city based around Cherry Blossom buildings, with other attractive special buildings and my gb's interspersed is high on my list, but is also a long way down the road, if ever.
Thank you for the clear explanation

DeletedUser31440

Not really jealous at all, not meaning to be critical either. Everyone plays in the way they see fit. I am just curious as to why most of the 50 million plus players are doing this. If you play this way I mean no offense

Some offense is taken, your trying to type cast all players that focus on fp production and GB leveling as lazy. I find it to be quite the opposite, having high level GB's opens up more of the game and gives me more things to do.

DeletedUser31440

I guess a good thing to figure out would be, what would you consider to not be a lazy way to play the game?

Some offense is taken, your trying to type cast all players that focus on fp production and GB leveling as lazy. I find it to be quite the opposite, having high level GB's opens up more of the game and gives me more things to do.
Well then, my apologies, it may be a misperception since INNO decided to change ranking points away from coins and supplies to value goods. You used to really have to strategize your opportunity costs of each decision, now you just use SoKs and GBs. If you refer to higher order strategy to leverage this simplicity of play then I take your point.

DeletedUser31440

Want to complete GE and have it be profitable? Level attack GB's and build a ToR.
Want to compete in GvG? Level attack GB's and Traz.
Want to negotiate through GE? Level SMB & LoA so that you can overproduce goods.
Want to fight through the C-Map? Level attack GB's.
Want to level GB's? Prioritize fp production.

I just don't see how that's lazy, it's the most logical way to go about those things. It's like hiding your money under your mattress and being angry that people who put it in a CD get interest back.

Want to complete GE and have it be profitable? Level attack GB's and build a ToR.
Want to compete in GvG? Level attack GB's and Traz.
Want to negotiate through GE? Level SMB & LoA so that you can overproduce goods.
Want to fight through the C-Map? Level attack GB's.
Want to level GB's? Prioritize fp production.

I just don't see how that's lazy, it's the most logical way to go about those things. It's like hiding your money under your mattress and being angry that people who put it in a CD get interest back.

Kranyar the Mysterious

Coins and supplies really aren't a good indicator anymore, as the game has continued to evolve. I believe this is why Inno changed methods. When only 2 great buildings leveled can produce millions of coins and supplies per day, those items tend to lose significance. Recurring quests can generate and burn through a ton of coins and supplies every day as well.

I suspect that as less and less of the player base has access to GvG, Inno may someday re-evaluate the roll battles have in ranking points as well. Never know...

Well I have confused your elegance of play with simplicity of city layout. I see now you priortize the advantages of this simplistic layout to leverage higher order game opportunities. You already have my new culpa so I hope you understand I am not attempting to provoke you with my lack of understanding. That is why you have a forum and I appreciate everyones insights

Coins and supplies really aren't a good indicator anymore, as the game has continued to evolve. I believe this is why Inno changed methods. When only 2 great buildings leveled can produce millions of coins and supplies per day, those items tend to lose significance. Recurring quests can generate and burn through a ton of coins and supplies every day as well.

I suspect that as less and less of the player base has access to GvG, Inno may someday re-evaluate the roll battles have in ranking points as well. Never know...

DeletedUser31440

Well I have confused your elegance of play with simplicity of city layout. I see now you priortize the advantages of this simplistic layout to leverage higher order game opportunities. You already have my new culpa so I hope you understand I am not attempting to provoke you with my lack of understanding. That is why you have a forum and I appreciate everyones insights

I am just confused as to what would be a "non-lazy" way to play the game. I think if you answered that it would help alleviate any miscommunications.