• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Question] GB and guild

Is there any way to open or close great building donations so that you can limit it to just your guildmates? Trying to get my guildmates blueprints for the observatory so it can help everyone in our guild without others coming and taking top spots.

Johnny B. Goode

Unfortunately, no. The best you could do is only open a level (speaking about levels above 10) when the guildmates that are going to donate are online to donate immediately. That's no guarantee that others won't sneak in there, but it cuts down on their chances.

Johnny B. Goode

Disconnect your GB from the road. No one can add to it if it isn't connected.
This is the worst possible advice in this situation...actually in any situation. Might as well just delete the GB if you're not going to have it connected, because of this:
And neither does it give you the benefits it is supposed to.
If it's never going to be connected, it's just taking up space that could be used for productive buildings. (And don't misread that as "production".)

Meat Butcher

I am pretty sure Agent just means disconnect until someone he wants to add is on game at the same time.

I do not agree with disconnecting a GB either as it just delays your next collection.
Also if you disconnect your Arc for the same reasons, if any GB's go off that you had contributed to you don't get the benefit.
That can cost you thousands of FP's (and other rewards) based on how many GB's you are on at the time.

wolfhoundtoo

Just for clarification Agent pointed out the problem with disconnecting your GB (just as you did). It was the other player in the quote that suggested disconnection.

Emberguard

Innovation Tower still gives population though.
Correct, but it won't give the Forge Points if disconnected. Your needs will change as your city progresses. Innovation Tower is great for population, but it's far better as a Forge Point producer once you get your city reasonably established (due to powercreep on Event Buildings)

Johnny B. Goode

If you are trying to help your Guildmates get Prints ... Then why would you charge them 1.9 in the first place?
Technically ... The top five spots don't have to cost more than a total of 15 Forge Points.

If you look at the context of this in relation to the OP and my response, the problem he seems to be facing is outsiders who can afford 1.9 are "sniping" the reward spots. That's why he asked if there was a way to lock out players from outside the guild. So it's not about what he's "charging" them, it's about them being able to get the spots before snipers grab them.