• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Question] GB Contributions

Vibe

Why is it that people will spend several hundreds of forge points on someone else's Great Building? The return on the investment doesn't make any sense. They don't get back anywhere near what they put in. Please shed some light on this...and send me some of those friends to throw their forge points my way.

DeletedUser28670

Why is it that people will spend several hundreds of forge points on someone else's Great Building? The return on the investment doesn't make any sense. They don't get back anywhere near what they put in. Please shed some light on this...and send me some of those friends to throw their forge points my way.
There's a certain building called an ARC. The arc, if leveled enough, will multiply the rewards from contributing to GBs. Also.... the persons with high level arcs want more arc blueprints , therefore they will donate to a lot of Arcs to lock them and get more blueprints to level their own. This also applies to other great buildings. Read the description of the arc on the wiki =>here<=

Also there is something called an FP swap which is basically two people donating to each other the same amount of forge points so they can get contribution rewards. You get the same amount of FPs to your great building and you and your partner both get rewards which would not happen if you were donating to your own GBs.

DeletedUser26120

Yeah most are from swaps, not donated points. If you want someone putting fps on your GBs, you will have to find someone a set up a deal where you are also putting fps on their GBs.

I have 5 different people I'm swapping with right now.

DeletedUser26120

I did that when I started playing and it works, you get about 30% of your GB for free.

But then realized swaps are more efficient as I get medals and fps back.

Algona

Why is it that people will spend several hundreds of forge points on someone else's Great Building?

It ain't all about FPs. BPs and Medals are powerful incentives to donate heavily. Also, it's a good strategy to lock the position you want, otherwise someone will push you out of it.

I put 300 FP on an Arc even though I wasn't planning to build it any time soon and I only got 100 FP Reward and there was no swap involved. I did it for the Medals. I think 200 net FP for 1.5 Medal Expansions, and some BPs I will want eventually is a darned good deal,

Expansions lead to faster growth and support even more such deals.

I highly recommend considering including the Medals when you're looking at GB Rewards.