• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

GB "The Habitat"

RIGEL1

There seems to be a problem with getting BP for "The Habitat", considering very few in "rignir" or "qunnir" have it (and in possibly more realms). Every one seems to be in the same dilemma, stuck waiting for BP. And since we are all waiting, can't advance to the next level and can't add FP to get the BP, is this a "deadlock" situation? I'm also curious if this systemic, possibly through out the game. How can it be solved?, (WITHOUT BUYING DIAMONDS).
Any "productive" thoughts? I've already written to "Innogames" so it may be some time before a resolution is offered.

Ebeondi Asi

The Habitat is a waste of time. Even if you built it toss it. You will never be able to get blueprints. Get blueprints for Innovation Tower. That one has more players, And it gives Forge Points and population.
There are a few nearly useless GBs. Habitat is one of them. I don't have an innovation Tower yet I have 250+ sets of blueprints for it. It a much better choice. (I actually have 16 sets of Habitat.. I would never have thought so, but I do.LoL)

Sharmon the Impaler

Look in the global stats in game and select the great building tab , select the great building drop down and then type Habitat in the search box. this will show you all the Habitats on your worlds. Q has 138 of them planted. Highest is 85 and then it drops down to 39 the next highest.

Xenosaur

There are so many "dead end" GBs, @RIGEL1. Years of player study and adoption have really culled the list down to very few that have the design and focus to aid your city building and game from city inception, to... the day you stop playing.

Habitat isn't one of them.
When I needed to get a Gaea Statue for my city (I was way out of balance on population and happiness), 5 other friends also had the same problem, and we were all Arc 80 owners, and formed a round-robin lifting session, that eventually got us all to level 20 or 30, enough to solve our problem.
The concept is the same. Your goal is to find people that have one (good luck on that), and assemble 4 or 5 people to get critical mass on prints so you can all lift together.

Or... forget that and stick with mainstream great buildings that are game-hardened, and tested by years of people way before you, that they're great for playing FoE.

Ebeondi Asi

I found Inno Tower to be very useful in the early game. It allowed me to get rid of houses. Babal can do the same and is easier to get in the early game.

Last edited:

xivarmy

Haven't had a population building in a long time, the event buildings provide a huge excess. I'm currently at 737K excess population, just a few more than I'll ever need.
A lot of the recent event buildings have not had population and the upcoming jumpin' pumpkin sucks up a lot (blacksmith-sized supply producer that can be your current age *and* has military boost) - so depending on which buildings you find yourself focused on, you may need population again yet when you start removing old stuff.

A fantasy SAT layout I might be headed towards (resting heavily on aegean resorts produced by my bougainvillea) was actually very very tight on population. Not to the point where I was going to build an inno or habitat (rather I cut back on pumpkins), but I could imagine a situation where someone was trying to figure out where to get more population from in the not too distant future (been years since I considered that a serious concern).

Sharmon the Impaler

Nothing that doesn't require roads supplies population , it is a trade off. I have a Trailside Smithy and the Bougainvillea and it's a toss up of which is better to go for first but the Tree climbs a lot faster.

Dominator - X

Scan through your friends, neighbors and guild mates GB's to see if they even have the Habitat, and ask them if they can help with prints by saving a locked spot if or when available. Especially if it isn't print locked. This is a tried and true method.

However, in my opinion, The Habitat is among the several GB's that add nothing productive to my city. That said, we all play this game differently, so never let anyone tell you what you should or should not build in YOUR city. Listen to advice, but decide for yourself what works.

You will find, like in real life, there are a lot of self-proclaimed experts who feel entitled to tell you what is best for you and your situation, and what you should and should not build. Learn to shake them off and say thank you. In the end, build what you conclude is best for your situation.

That said, the Habitat is a huge waste of space. So is the IT. However, at least the IT may play an important part early on, when in need of space and POP, until you get enough Event Buildings to give you more POP than you can handle. Ignore those who say you should build the IT since it produces FP's and POP. As if the amount of FP's it produces are in any way advantageous. You will make more FP's from event buildings that are a fraction of the size, that also increase POP. The FP ratio to footprint for the IT is insanely low for the space and expense. However, build it if you want/need to for POP. Then, delete it when you progress in POP. The "loss" of FP production when you delete it won't even make you blink.

Hope this helps.

BTW: I am an expert, save for the times I am wrong and I am available 24/7 unless I am busy. Which, unfortunately, is quite frequently.

Emberguard

There seems to be a problem with getting BP for "The Habitat", considering very few in "rignir" or "qunnir" have it (and in possibly more realms). Every one seems to be in the same dilemma, stuck waiting for BP

If you really want to raise a building that has very few blueprints available, you need to organise with others to give each other spots the moment someone has a level open so the blueprints go to someone that is going to use those blueprints, not a random player with no intention to open a level. If you can get 5 other players, you're all leveling up the same building and exclusively offering to give each other first dibs on positions (unless it's clear the others aren't online to take a position), that should help a lot in gaining momentum for blueprint gathering

One reason not many people use it is because the Innovation Tower is in the very next Age and gives a lot more population for the amount of investment put into it.

The other reason people don't build the Habitat is there's just so many Event Buildings released between 2017 and now that either contain Population directly, or reduce your need to have Population by providing resources without the need of Population

So if you look at what's in the Daily Specials during an Event, you can get something decent for the space that gives Population (even though it won't be as good as anything new in the Grand Prizes)

Cyrus the Adequate

There seems to be a problem with getting BP for "The Habitat", considering very few in "rignir" or "qunnir" have it (and in possibly more realms). Every one seems to be in the same dilemma, stuck waiting for BP. And since we are all waiting, can't advance to the next level and can't add FP to get the BP, is this a "deadlock" situation? I'm also curious if this systemic, possibly through out the game. How can it be solved?, (WITHOUT BUYING DIAMONDS).
Any "productive" thoughts? I've already written to "Innogames" so it may be some time before a resolution is offered.

Learn to snipe.

Have you scanned everyone in your neighborhood? Do this every two weeks when the neighborhood resets, find the GBs you want, and snipe them mercilessly. You may have to overpay occasionally, but it will get you the BPs without paying diamonds.

Darkest.Knight

Playing in Sinerania I have a problem getting Seed Vault prints, since the building in the 30's isn't very good I'm going to delete it. At this point doesn't really matter since the building used to award diamonds occasionally which seems to no longer do so, it's useless.

Pericles the Lion

Playing in Sinerania I have a problem getting Seed Vault prints, since the building in the 30's isn't very good I'm going to delete it. At this point doesn't really matter since the building used to award diamonds occasionally which seems to no longer do so, it's useless.
I'm leveling all of my SVs, including one on Sinerania (level 78). Send me a FR and I'll help you with the prints. In-game name is the same as here.

RIGEL1

Learn to snipe.

Have you scanned everyone in your neighborhood? Do this every two weeks when the neighborhood resets, find the GBs you want, and snipe them mercilessly. You may have to overpay occasionally, but it will get you the BPs without paying diamonds.
Yes, and there seems to be fewer with each change, and the same issue of that person also waiting to get BP. I've decided to build up a different population GB and get rid of this one. As I feel the game has intentionally done this to generate diamond sales, and that's something I'm not willing to do..., the cost is far too high.

RIGEL1

I'm leveling all of my SVs, including one on Sinerania (level 78). Send me a FR and I'll help you with the prints. In-game name is the same as here.
Thanks, but that would be a temporary fix. So, I've decided to build up a different GB and delete the Habitat. Thank again!!!!