• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

GBG building costs

driller v2.0

I've noticed that building costs are the same no matter what league a guild is in. This may be intentional but seems to really make it difficult for small guilds to grow for two reasons. The obvious one is that small guilds will struggle to accumulate goods when compared to larger guilds, generally speaking. The less obvious disadvantage is that the lower the league, the fewer the hits needed to capture a sector. this means that spending good on a siege camp, watch tower or other building will yield fewer rewards. If Inno intended to put smaller guilds at a disadvantage that's fine i suppose. The way i look at this is that new players to the game will probably quit because the game starts so slowly. Or the ones that don't quit just won't have much to do because after 20 or 30 fights in GBG a player is done for the day due to their guild not building siege camps. GBG is great, don't get me wrong, but I think changes may help keep new players more engaged and create a bigger pool of players who are active overall. Does anyone have thoughts on this?

Ebeondi Asi

There is a general complaint by some small players that they cannot blah blah blah...because the big guys blah blah blah. On all sorts of areas.
The thing a few of you little guys have to realize is all those big guys used to be just like you. Small , no stuff, no Fps, no Blueprints, weak Guilds.. no power..
And they worked at it. They kept working at it. For Years...
That s 100% the key They all kept at it. met all those challenges that they faced.
Instead of whining that they are weak and small, and that Foe is so unfair.. they worked at becoming more for a very longtime. years..
You cannot get ahead in Foe by whining. You actually have to work for a long time at getting better.

Sharmon the Impaler

I am current soloing and it's the same cost for GbG buildings no matter the league. That makes sense even though I don't like it either. If it cost proportionally less the lower you are then what would be the incentive to improve ? I get my 110 fights with no SCs and about 300/day with 2 SCs and just make due with this.

Meat Butcher

There is a general complaint by some small players that they cannot blah blah blah...because the big guys blah blah blah. On all sorts of areas.
The thing a few of you little guys have to realize is all those big guys used to be just like you. Small , no stuff, no Fps, no Blueprints, weak Guilds.. no power..
That s 100% the key They all kept at it. met all those challenges that they faced.
Instead of whining that they are weak and small, and that Foe is so unfair.. they worked at becoming more for a very longtime. years..
You cannot get ahead in Foe by whining. You actually have to work for a long time at getting better.
Same principal as the hood. There are thousands of FP's out there waiting for you every day, however you actually have to put for the effort to go get them.

Last edited:

Snek

Of course, not everyone has 800/800 A/D, but those that do are probably making 500 or so fps daily just off of GBG.

The Lady Redneck

my take on this. might seem tough and uncaring. It is not meant to be. This is not kiddies game where you get spoon fed. There plenty such games out there. This is a game for grown ups who have cometo realize that games that are worth playing are worth putting the work into to make them fun. That is why it does have a big active pool of players world wide. and has done for 10 years.

Reaver fka Rand

my take on this. might seem tough and uncaring. It is not meant to be. This is not kiddies game where you get spoon fed. There plenty such games out there. This is a game for grown ups who have cometo realize that games that are worth playing are worth putting the work into to make them fun. That is why it does have a big active pool of players world wide. and has done for 10 years.
Really good point. I’ve met a surprising number of players who have retired. I’ve also met a few teens, but not many.

driller v2.0

where do i start with this...how about i'm probably not one of the little guys...blah blah blah. i just won a battle at 140 attrition in GBG, that doesn't sound like something a little guy does. I posted this because all those that were my friends when i was a little guy are still there, stuck in the mud, not being able to experience the full depth of the game. I left a top guild to go visit my friends but there is not much 1 player can do, even with a bank of hundreds of thousands of FPs, millions of goods in inventory and the ability to fight to 100 attrition on auto battle that just isn't enough to do anything to help a small guild. So what's my point? It is that there are so many people missing how fun this game can be. The challenges/strategy in GvG and GBG war seasons are so much fun and they will never get to experience that. Why? from what i've been able to tell, many people form relationships that they don't want to break in their first guild. if that first guild is small, then they will always be a small time player even though they could contribute in large guilds. Needless to say, I jumped straight to what i saw as a good solution to the problem i just mentioned without having to tell people to chose between their development in the game or their relationships that they started.

driller v2.0

Same principal as the hood. There are thousands of FP's out there waiting for you every day, however you actually have to put for the effort to go get them.
this is probably the only way for small guilds to offer their players a way to get significant forge points. You make a good point.

driller v2.0

i don't take this as uncaring at all. it is the reality of the matter. I've been playing for a year and a half now and have finally got to a point where forge points just don't matter any longer. despite my initial post, i agree with this 100%. I posted what i did because i see friends that were in my guild originally still there and after a year they have added 10 levels to 6 or 7 GBs (each) on average or something like that. they will spend the remainder of their life to catch the progress i made in over the course of 1 year in a big guild.

driller v2.0

Of course, not everyone has 800/800 A/D, but those that do are probably making 500 or so fps daily just off of GBG.
Even if they aren't, joining a big guild will get you to 500FPs a day very quickly. i was at 500/500 making 2000+ a day from GBG and collections. joining a big guild absolutely is the best way to fast track development, and being in a GBG only guild makes it even faster. I was fortunate to land in the top GBG guild on Korch and soon found what 15k fights a season could do for development.

Ebeondi Asi

What I read out of these last few current posts.. is.. Some people choose to not play Foe in any sophisticated way. That is a freely taken choice for many. (Some may not even understand there is a better way to play) And some do not care. They want a game to idle away a bit of time. Not a way to conquer the Foe Universe!
A few player wish to get players to understand they could do more and be far more successful. Those messages can and do usually fall on 'deaf ears'.

Johnny B. Goode

where do i start with this...how about i'm probably not one of the little guys...blah blah blah. i just won a battle at 140 attrition in GBG, that doesn't sound like something a little guy does. I posted this because all those that were my friends when i was a little guy are still there, stuck in the mud, not being able to experience the full depth of the game. I left a top guild to go visit my friends but there is not much 1 player can do, even with a bank of hundreds of thousands of FPs, millions of goods in inventory and the ability to fight to 100 attrition on auto battle that just isn't enough to do anything to help a small guild. So what's my point? It is that there are so many people missing how fun this game can be. The challenges/strategy in GvG and GBG war seasons are so much fun and they will never get to experience that. Why? from what i've been able to tell, many people form relationships that they don't want to break in their first guild. if that first guild is small, then they will always be a small time player even though they could contribute in large guilds. Needless to say, I jumped straight to what i saw as a good solution to the problem i just mentioned without having to tell people to chose between their development in the game or their relationships that they started.
The point you're making is valid...for people who think like you and/or are looking for the same thing you are out of playing a game. Not everyone thinks/feels the way you do. If a person is playing this game because of the relationships (and I've seen that viewpoint expressed many times both here and in-game), who are you to say they're "missing out"? If a person wants to idle away a bit of time, as @Ebeondi Asi said, who are you to tell them they're wrong to play that way? There is a mindset, that you appear to share, that if a person isn't in a big guild, maxing out everything they can, "winning" at every aspect of the game, then they're not really playing it. That mindset is not only wrong, it's indicative of a sad form of tunnel vision. Where a person looks on those with different values/objectives/desires/whatever, as somehow "missing out". They're not. You might be, but they're not. I know because I'm one of those who likes to "idle away the time" playing this game. And I ain't missing a thing.

DevaCat

I don’t think the solution to the gbg problems of a small guild with a limited treasury and just a few members playing it is to change how gbg works. The small guild should change what it’s doing if it wants more members playing gbg and more success doing it - and only if that’s what it really wants to do.

There are plenty of small guilds with an indifferent founder, only a handful caring about/playing gbg, and the rest unable or unwilling to play it. Why change gbg to handicap (in the sports sense) a larger guild in order to let this small guild compete? The solution for people in such a guild who want to play more gbg but don’t want to lose their social relationships is to move together to a bigger gbg focused guild. Such folk are prized by guild recruiters, and in a good guild the players doing those thousands of battles a season will help the newcomers with prints, goods and fp contributions to quickly obtain/level their treasury and military GBs.