• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

GBG Championship

Pericles the Lion

Is there no 3 day rest period in Beta? I was told the first Championship season ended yesterday but this post says the new Championship also began yesterday.
If I'm not mistaken, Beta starts on Thursdays and ends on Mondays, just like live. The difference is that they start when we are in mid-cycle.

Pericles the Lion

Does anybody know if Beta is different than live? The reason I ask is because this post says that VP is the final tie breaker while VP is not the final tie breaker on the live side.
I'm not an official source but, looking at the way that the rankings are set up, it's obvious that LP is the first criteria (D1000 at the top followed by D975 and so on). Next comes season wins, high to low within each LP bracket. Lastly comes VP, high to low within each seasonal win bracket. VP is the final tie breaker. What we don't know is what happens in the event that two D1000 guilds have an equal number of seasonal wins and the same amount of VP (but the odds of this are very remote). From the Beta screenshot it is clear that championship wins are a footnote, they do not impact the ranking.

Dominator - X

I'm not an official source but, looking at the way that the rankings are set up, it's obvious that LP is the first criteria (D1000 at the top followed by D975 and so on). Next comes season wins, high to low within each LP bracket. Lastly comes VP, high to low within each seasonal win bracket. VP is the final tie breaker. What we don't know is what happens in the event that two D1000 guilds have an equal number of seasonal wins and the same amount of VP (but the odds of this are very remote). From the Beta screenshot it is clear that championship wins are a footnote, they do not impact the ranking.
In the live side, Guild level is the final (known) tie breaker.

Dominator - X

Yes, it was listed in the announcement:

Here is how I wrote it up to understand it best:

1: League Points
2: Tie breaker for League Points is Victories
3: Tie breaker for Victories are Victory Points
4: Tie breaker for Victory points is Guild Level

Pericles the Lion

Yes, it was listed in the announcement:

Here is how I wrote it up to understand it best:

1: League Points
2: Tie breaker for League Points is Victories
3: Tie breaker for Victories are Victory Points
4: Tie breaker for Victory points is Guild Level
Thanks, I found it. Kinda weird because I think the odds of two guilds having the same Level are a lot better than the two top guilds finishing with equal VP.

xivarmy

Does anybody know if Beta is different than live? The reason I ask is because this post says that VP is the final tie breaker while VP is not the final tie breaker on the live side.
It's the final tiebreaker that matters at least. Any two active guilds are going to have different VP.

Johnny B. Goode

Seasonal wins are only valid within the season they're won, they are reset after each Championship and do not carry over. So effectively, VP is really the second tiebreaker in the ongoing rankings. Also, it is not clear from the Beta screenshot that the Championship wins do not impact the rankings. The guild with the Championship win is ranked where it is because of VP. If the VP were tied, the Championship win might have been the next tiebreaker. From the way they are listed, it sure seems so.

mintbunnies

Championship wins do not affect the rankings, because KYP won the championship and were listed as 4th when everything reset and all spots were zeros lol. Of course once GBG started and VP started to be earned after the top of the first hour then the rankings changed again.

At least it was this way in beta, and may change who knows.

Pericles the Lion

Championship wins do not affect the rankings, because KYP won the championship and were listed as 4th when everything reset and all spots were zeros lol. Of course once GBG started and VP started to be earned after the top of the first hour then the rankings changed again.

At least it was this way in beta, and may change who knows.
Think of it like the NFL. The anxiety over the GBG Championship rankings would be similar to KC Chiefs fans being upset that the Eagles (lost SuperBowl LVII last year to KC) being ranked above them at the beginning of the 2023 season simply because the Eagles put points on the board during their first game before KC did in their first game. Winning last year's Superbowl (or GBG Championship) does not directly influence this year's rankings.

Btw, I have no idea if the Eagles scored before the Chiefs on their respective season openers. It was hypothetical.

Johnny B. Goode

Think of it like the NFL. The anxiety over the GBG Championship rankings would be similar to KC Chiefs fans being upset that the Eagles (lost SuperBowl LVII last year to KC) being ranked above them at the beginning of the 2023 season simply because the Eagles put points on the board during their first game before KC did in their first game. Winning last year's Superbowl (or GBG Championship) does not directly influence this year's rankings.

Btw, I have no idea if the Eagles scored before the Chiefs on their respective season openers. It was hypothetical.
Except the global guild rankings are an ongoing official ranking of guilds. The NFL has no such ongoing official ranking of teams/franchises. (And the Chiefs played the first game of the 2023 season on a Thursday night. So even though they lost that game, they scored before the Eagles played.)

Pericles the Lion

Except the global guild rankings are an ongoing official ranking of guilds. The NFL has no such ongoing official ranking of teams/franchises. (And the Chiefs played the first game of the 2023 season on a Thursday night. So even though they lost that game, they scored before the Eagles played.)
But, once GvG is gone, there will be no "global guild rankings", only the GBG ranking, unless the Devs come up with something new. GvG is ending on Beta in a few weeks. Rumor has it that live will end at the same time.

Johnny B. Goode

Screenshot (2).png
But, once GvG is gone, there will be no "global guild rankings", only the GBG ranking, unless the Devs come up with something new. GvG is ending on Beta in a few weeks. Rumor has it that live will end at the same time.

Notice that it says "Global Ranking" at the top, and this is the "Guild" tab. Pretty sure that means that this is "global guild rankings", unless those words mean something else to you. (Of course, as I've mentioned before, these "global guild rankings" are irrelevant, as they ignore every guild that doesn't do GBG, as well as any guild activity before 2019 and any guild activity since 2019 outside of GBG. So they are effectively just GBG rankings masquerading as global guild rankings.)

I also believe that if they don't adjust the rankings to reflect Guild Raids if/when they appear, then these rankings will be less than useless.

Pericles the Lion

View attachment 20986

Notice that it says "Global Ranking" at the top, and this is the "Guild" tab. Pretty sure that means that this is "global guild rankings", unless those words mean something else to you. (Of course, as I've mentioned before, these "global guild rankings" are irrelevant, as they ignore every guild that doesn't do GBG, as well as any guild activity before 2019 and any guild activity since 2019 outside of GBG. So they are effectively just GBG rankings masquerading as global guild rankings.)

I also believe that if they don't adjust the rankings to reflect Guild Raids if/when they appear, then these rankings will be less than useless.
Yup

RexJr

So looking on how this ranking system is working, and getting confirmation from support that a win is from any league( gold platinum copper diamond, whatever doesn't matter) So a guild can drop down to gold lets say, win 1st and rack up VP then do the same in Platinum and be at a much higher VP once they get into diamond and end up being ranked 1st and get its ass kicked. Seams stupid. Should be more controlled. Like 1st place guild form season 1 go up against other 1st place guilds in each league. and wins should be weighted, like the soccer points someone mentioned. having 5 leagues a diamond win should be worth 5 points platinum 4 and so on. VP should also be less in each league for it to really be an accurate representation of how good the guild is.

Ranger37

So looking on how this ranking system is working, and getting confirmation from support that a win is from any league( gold platinum copper diamond, whatever doesn't matter) So a guild can drop down to gold lets say, win 1st and rack up VP then do the same in Platinum and be at a much higher VP once they get into diamond and end up being ranked 1st and get its ass kicked. Seams stupid. Should be more controlled.
This is the case for my guild we are ranked 21st and in diamond and have not been able to get one sector the whole season
in platinum we are normally the ones who can get 1st or 2nd every time clearly not ready why can't the guild choose when to move up