• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

GBG Lockdown

Emberguard

But, I really do wonder, why is Inno doing simple sums on probabilities? That just isn't how real world math works.
Premise: If I flip a coin once, there is a 50% chance of getting heads.
Conclusion: If I flip a coin twice, there is a 100% chance of getting heads.

We all know that coin flips don't work that way, because that just isn't how real world math works.
So why do siege camps work that way?
Because you're not flipping a coin for each siege camp. You're flipping one coin. It'd be like I made a little tower to fight the enemy with. Then I improved the design to give my troops a better advantage against the enemy.

Agreed it'd be nice if siege camps were individually flipped. Though you'd also have to do the same with traps in that case

How is this at all fair.. Locked in with holds for 10 days?? This is being reported on all worlds, the hold tactics being used. Great Tactic for the guys doing the holds but misery for the other teams.
It's not locked down for 10 days unless you choose to do nothing for 10 days. Attack the sectors. Play chess with the sector lock times. Outmanoeuvre your opponent. Use what you can control to beat what you can't

I always wondered why competition wasn't linked across the server instead of just a single world. Could still use same strategy as we see above but harder to maintain as others move in and out of leagues.
It's possible if it were across every world that you'd still have the same guilds facing each other each time in the top leagues because there's no randomness in the matchups. It's based on score.

Random wouldn't necessarily be any better either. GE regularly has only 2-3 out of 7 guilds actually competing against each other and those are random matchups.

Last edited:

DeletedUser29933

although possible, would be unlikely that the same guilds on the same world would be regular matches in a server wide league pool but no doubt would not take long for top guilds to establish themselves in cooperative cross world teams to assure regular placement and maximum effort rewards. A more entertaining possibility would be the same hard charging group operating at the top of their game on several worlds being matched against themselves or having direct control over two or more guilds on the same map. no matter how inno splits hairs on the leagues, someone will always have the determination, skill, time, alliances, diamonds or a deadly combination of all the above to dominate. Beat em, join em or accept it as it is.

DeletedUser31499

In order to beat or have a chance of beating 2 or more guilds partnering and securing each other’s tiles you have to do the same. Find one or more partners when the season opens and work together employing the same strategy. When you do that you even the playing field and the stronger and more active guilds will win.

Ebeondi Asi

This a Zombie thread. April 2020 to Nov 27 2021 is 19 months late...
The real thing is they are not "locking" down anything. They re simply playing better than the whiners.
They are not holding anything. The game is designed to hold the sectors for 4 hours. when they open the top Guilds just play harder and way faster than the other Guilds stuck on that map. and so those Guilds dominate. and simply swap sectors back and forth. The game is about strategy, and winning. no participation trophies needed.

Added: it is possible to hold a province as long as no one else forces the issue. When a few Guilds are working together ... One can fill a sector to to max fights less one, and let that sit. The only way it can be forced is another Guild starts adding fights. In fact sometimes the userper Guild can win it if th holding Guild is asleep. The practice of pushing to force a flip is common. even big Guilds will force the flip of sectors.

Also Guilds will work on he whole board up to one or two less than flip and hold. Until the both agree to flip them in sequence.

Last edited: