• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

GBg: Stop Saying It Isn't A "Siege"

DeletedUser30312

The problem I have with people calling it a siege is that they are then using the GvG mindset to think of GBG. Better not to use it, even though it matches with that game feature, than continue to confuse GvG and GBG.

So? Let them think it's like GvG and then slam into that attrition wall because they haven't learned that clicking auto and reloading for an hour or so isn't going to work here. My guild will roll all over them.

DeletedUser

So? Let them think it's like GvG and then slam into that attrition wall because they haven't learned that clicking auto and reloading for an hour or so isn't going to work here. My guild will roll all over them.
Well, I'm thinking mostly of Forum discussions, not the actual playing of GBG. GvG guild leaders are apparently having issues wrapping their heads around the fact that GBG is not GvG.

Salsuero

GvG guild leaders are apparently having issues wrapping their heads around the fact that GBG is not GvG.

Well, looks like they'll be figuring it out the hard way. That's why it's a game and not an "already figured everything out." Never had any confusion about it in my guild and we've crushed the competition during the first tournament.

Emberguard

The Eddie Izzard school of land grab?

We stole countries with the cunning use of flags. Just sail around the world and stick a flag in. "I claim India for Britain!" They're going "You can't claim us, we live here! Five hundred million of us!" "Do you have a flag …? "No..." "Well, if you don't have a flag, then you can't have a country. Those are the rules... that I just made up!
Countries have been invading each other without flags well before flags were invented.

DeletedUser28371

But the devs clearly call it a siege. I'm gonna go with what the game actually calls it and not worry about the fact that people seem to think GvG and GBg are the same -- when they're clearly not the same -- and that it's more an effort to constantly homogenize the game into something that can be "won" by showing up for 5 minutes a day with repeated requests for easy-type and literal undo buttons.

And since they both use the word "guild" too, should we also not call it Guild Battlegrounds? Maybe we call it Collection of Likeminded Individuals Battlegrounds to avoid confusion?

No, no, no... "province" is already used in GvG... let's not get everyone confused into thinking they're the same thing now!
So CoLIB huh?

Emberguard

"Do you have a flag …? "No..." "Well, if you don't have a flag, then you can't have a country. Those are the rules... that I just made up!
He is a stand up comic. One of his earlier shows that was absolutely hilarious.

I believe it was the Dress to Kill special.
Reminds me of James Veitch

They generally posted the fallen chieftan's head on a pike then. Flags are cleaner, less gory, and rot slower.
yeah.... I think I'll stick with the flag

Super Catanian

They generally posted the fallen chieftan's head on a pike then. Flags are cleaner, less gory, and rot slower.
Proposal
Addition of a new GBG Building, the Human Head Pikes.

Current System
No such Building exists.

Details
Must be planted on a Province that used to belong to a different Guild. The Guild that the Province used to belong to has a 10% reduction in Victory Points per hour in Provinces adjacent to where the Human Head Pikes are located, while the Guild that it currently belongs to has a 10% increase in VPs/hour in adjacent Provinces. Does not affect any other Guilds. Is destroyed if conquered by another Guild.

Abuse Prevention
The province where the new Building is located has a 20% reduction in Victory Points per hour.

Visual Aids
I'd rather not. I think you know why...

Conclusion
I N T E R E S T I N G . . .

Last edited:

Salsuero

Idea for a new movie...
One of those Chinese rovers currently on the Moon just goes, "screw it", and knocks down the U.S. flag currently there. Then watch as the Americans lose their crap as they desperately try to plant the flag back.

Do you think we'd even notice? Is it someone's job somewhere to watch the flag to make sure it doesn't get knocked down? I wonder.

Sheriff Of Rottingham

Idea for a new movie...
One of those Chinese rovers currently on the Moon just goes, "screw it", and knocks down the U.S. flag currently there. Then watch as the Americans lose their crap as they desperately try to plant the flag back.
More likely, they'd examine the USA Moon Flag and reverse engineer their own, cheaper "made in china" Moon Flag.

DeletedUser29726

Do you think we'd even notice? Is it someone's job somewhere to watch the flag to make sure it doesn't get knocked down? I wonder.

Nope. In fact it's pure speculation as to whether the flags even still look like flags:

NASA figures they're destroyed by now. Evidence of whether they're still there at all is done by analysis of shadows, it appears the later flights may still have material flying on them but it's expected it's completely faded by now if nothing else.

Nevertheless I'm sure it'd be an international incident if it was found that the chinese knocked over a faded and tattered piece of nylon ;)