• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

GBg: Stop Saying It Isn't A "Siege"

Kranyar the Mysterious

Then wouldn't the proper term be "Ye hath besieged mine province"? or "I besiege ye" or something else that includes the word besiege instead of calling it a siege? o_O

RazorbackPirate

I suppose that works too, I guess...
Planting flags and raising shields.

Conquest Flags

Guilds can only attack provinces which are adjacent to one of their own, and as soon as a guild begins attacking an adjacent province, a “conquest flag” will be displayed in the target province. Each action of the guild with the highest progress will increase the strength of the flag, until it is at full strength and the rival province gets taken over:

Flags.png

Subsequently, the conquered province will stay in a ‘lock down’ state for 4 hours, which means that no guild can make progress with their conquest flag further in that province. Only the flag of the guild with the most progress will be displayed in a province, but other guilds progressing on that province will be indicated by small colored shields next to the flag. Also, you can always check a detailed list of guilds as well as their progress by clicking on the province.

UBERhelp1

How about they are striking? Like, Guild of Nubs is striking our province?

(Other good words include invading, raiding, infiltrating, and storming)

Super Catanian

How about they are striking? Like, Guild of Nubs is striking our province?
Pretty good, NGL.

That could work as well.

Nah, since it's associated with plundering.

infiltrating
Not that either, since it exists in the Continent Map.

What is this, the Area 51 Raid?

How about we call it a "conquest"? The flag is already called a "Conquest Flag".

UBERhelp1

Pretty good, NGL.

That could work as well.

Nah, since it's associated with plundering.

Not that either, since it exists in the Continent Map.

What is this, the Area 51 Raid?

How about we call it a "conquest"? The flag is already called a "Conquest Flag".
Then are the players who finally conquer it, conquistadors? Lol. And yeah I kind of like that.

Salsuero

But the devs clearly call it a siege. I'm gonna go with what the game actually calls it and not worry about the fact that people seem to think GvG and GBg are the same -- when they're clearly not the same -- and that it's more an effort to constantly homogenize the game into something that can be "won" by showing up for 5 minutes a day with repeated requests for easy-type and literal undo buttons.

And since they both use the word "guild" too, should we also not call it Guild Battlegrounds? Maybe we call it Collection of Likeminded Individuals Battlegrounds to avoid confusion?

provinces

No, no, no... "province" is already used in GvG... let's not get everyone confused into thinking they're the same thing now!

Last edited:

Sheriff Of Rottingham

Thank you. It's clearly a siege based on this verbiage. I saw multiple argumentative posts from the usual suspects saying essentially "no you're wrong it's not a siege, therefore your whole point is invalid" and wanted to fire back with this screenshot, but I didn't want to get sucked in to a pointless argument and detract further from the OPs post.

Emberguard

Plant a flag.
No, it's a banana :p

I am seeing so many people bent on players not calling putting a flag on a province and attacking it a siege because they call it a siege in gvg. The mods wont control what we call it. Nothing better suits it than siege. Get used to it.
Banana

And since they both use the word "guild" too, should we also not call it Guild Battlegrounds? Maybe we call it Collection of Likeminded Individuals Battlegrounds to avoid confusion?

No, no, no... "province" is already used in GvG... let's not get everyone confused into thinking they're the same thing now!
It's sectors in GvG. Provinces in the Continent Map. Where's provinces in GvG?

Bruadhin

Plant a flag.

The Eddie Izzard school of land grab?

We stole countries with the cunning use of flags. Just sail around the world and stick a flag in. "I claim India for Britain!" They're going "You can't claim us, we live here! Five hundred million of us!" "Do you have a flag …? "No..." "Well, if you don't have a flag, then you can't have a country. Those are the rules... that I just made up!