• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

gbg

Pericles the Lion

GbG is a source of free diamonds and a lot of FP. Inno wants you to pay for this so they reduced the GbG portion of the rewards by 33 % across the board. This has nothing to do with balancing anything lol.
See my theory 5 posts up. It has nothing to do with balancing or fairness or anything but generating more money out of the game. It’s really transparent and easy to see.
The change to SC/WT does not reduce the rewards 33.3%. It limits the attrition reduction to 66.6% which is something entirely different. For some players, the cap will reduce the number of fights they are able to do by as much as 75% (which means that their rewards will fall by that amount). For some players, it is probable that they will get in more fights (which means that their rewards will increase). The data coming out of the Beta test is insufficient to determine if the change will result in a net increase, or a net decrease, in the aggregate number of GBG battles. Your theory depends on there being a net decrease in battles, and rewards, which may, or may not, occur.

MJ Artisan of War

Things are soooo slow on beta since the nerf.... we are holding 14 sectors at 159 waiting on the various owner guilds to take something.... ten of them have been at 159 since yesterday morning.... We are in first by over 115,000 vp... lol

RazorbackPirate

Things are soooo slow on beta since the nerf.... we are holding 14 sectors at 159 waiting on the various owner guilds to take something.... ten of them have been at 159 since yesterday morning.... We are in first by over 115,000 vp... lol
Finish them all out. Then see what happens. Why would any of the smaller guilds touch any of those sectors. You lock the board then complain about a locked board. Your strategy doesn't seem to be working.

Johnny B. Goode

They own those sectors.... we are trying to wait for them to take one of our sectors... slow pecking....
If we close them all everyone else would be beached in home base.... Then we have to wait two more days for them to emerge...
Sounds like you'll wait longer than that with your plan. Why on earth would these other guilds waste their time? Sounds like you have them all bottled up already and don't even realize it.

Pericles the Lion

Guess You geniuses aren't that gbg smart... The other guilds finally took some sectors they had been working on for three days... Now we are down to 5 holds at 159.... Same rodeo... just a lot slower with the gbg nerf in place... lol
The SC/WT change caps attrition relief at 66.6%. It doesn't require a genius to understand that this is going to slow guilds down. You're surprised? :eek:

It is clear to me that Inno as a business is trying to find ways to increase profits. This current Beta trial is to determine whether they will make more money by this limitation of GBG attrition maximum, or if so many players will leave the game or stop spending diamonds that the company would actually make less money.

For those who like the GBG the way that it is, the best thing you can do on beta is to try to convince Inno that it would take a serious chunk out of their profits by implementing this change live. Such peaceful protests may include stopping all diamond purchases, boycotting GBG altogether, cutting your log ins down to one quick appearance daily or any other creative means you can think of to get the point across.

Pericles the Lion

It is clear to me that Inno as a business is trying to find ways to increase profits. This current Beta trial is to determine whether they will make more money by this limitation of GBG attrition maximum, or if so many players will leave the game or stop spending diamonds that the company would actually make less money.
OMG, I am shocked to learn that INNO, a for-profit business, is trying to find ways to increase profits!! :eek:

Last edited:

The Lady Redneck

Am actually looking forward to the changes despite all the negativity I see concerning it. But then I detest GBG. as it is. I think it has all but ruined the game by encouraging everyone to become greedy with a self first attitude, and now expect more and more of everything. If the changes limit the ability to grab so many FPs and therefor slow down the speed of leveling GBs as well as getting less rewards overall. I think that will end up a good thing. OK the feast has been good while it lasted. But I do not see the changes impacting my game that much. And I know the guilds I am in are strong enough not to be affected by the change. As for diamond usage ... NOTHING in the game forces anyone to buy diamonds. that is purely a matter for the individual to decide and is their personal responsibility. Those who throw a hissy fit about the amount of cash the game is costing them should look to their own actions and not blame INNO.

I just hope INNO does have an experienced enough team dealing with the programming and development side of it not to cause screw ups elsewhere in the process.

Last edited:

DevaCat

Lest I be accused of being hypocritical, let me plainly state: I do not care about those poor guilds relegated to the beaches. If they want to get off the beach and into the action, they can do it. If they can’t, they don’t belong in diamond level play. That is all up to them.

A guild I’m a member in found itself shut out after having previously farmed with the top guilds in the server. We refused to be shut out. We fought our way off the beach, at times through 3 forts, and this took place throughout the entire gbg season. We kept this up during the morning, afternoon, night and early am - they never knew when we would break out. Now none of our breakouts lasted long, we were (at the time) outgunned. Obviously, such high attrition does not lead to great rewards. But over the course of 2 seasons of that kind of effort, those same top guilds who rarely share more than 1/2 a map started including us in their farming arrangements because we were such an unpredictable pita - easier and more profitable to include us. Moreover, we gained respect.

Again to be clear, I have no respect for those guilds stuck on the beach who do nothing to improve their situation, except perhaps to complain about it and ask that things be changed to help them out. I do understand how frustrating it is to be beached or porched, but there is a way out of that situation for those willing to do what it takes.

As far as “greedy players”, that’s something to be regulated in one’s own guild I think, rather than asking Inno to step in.

The proposed change will slow down the game - and let’s be honest in that all this commentary (non-hypocritical)

is about diamond league play. I’m seeing very little concern about the nerf’s effects on the already slow play in low platinum and below. Y’all think that’s going to be good for the game?

This game is already glacial - I don’t see slowing it up more as being very attractive.

RazorbackPirate

Y’all think that’s going to be good for the game?
It doesn't much matter what we think. Inno is doing so for their own reasons. Anything beyond their published statement, is pure speculation.

"You may ask why we made this change. Quite simply, we believe this re-balance is necessary for the long-term sustainability and viability of the feature. We always envisioned attrition to be an important factor. Previously, these province buildings could be stacked to the extent — that when an adjacent province is conquered — guilds could effectively completely nullify the chance of receiving attrition. Stacking Siege Camps and Watchtowers, therefore, became too powerful and caused significant balancing issues between different guilds and players.

In addition, it was something often remarked upon by our communities and players, who participated in Guild Battlegrounds. We even had this same suggestion polled on different occasions, with players voting overwhelmingly for a change to the Watchtower and Siege camp ability formula.

For those very reasons, we have decided to re-balance..."

The proposed change will slow down the game
Slow down GBG seems to be the goal.

Congrats for being a PITA that you finally got invited to the dance. Enjoy it while it lasts. Sounds like slow dancing once this goes live.

Sharmon the Impaler

Given that with 100% free fights someone with a lot of free time can pull off 20-25K fights in a season racking up 1500-2000 FP and about 250 diamonds per day. This won't balance between the guilds but it will serve to stop GbG from killing the game. I can raise my 130 Arc 1X per week currently and the game is not designed to have that amount of FP pouring into a city. The 1.9 threads are proof enough of that , a GB is posted during the peak hours and they get cleared in minutes or even seconds. Sounds like an FP glut in the game to me.

Ebeondi Asi

The problem with the FP glut is only a small percentage of players were/are reaping huge rewards. Some players are getting a fair amount, and many players are getting almost nothing from GbG. Those points are not free, it does take some effort. So I have no problem with the top GbG 'winners'. As GbG is set up now.