• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

GBG

The Lady Redneck

What makes me really laugh about GBG, is that after INNO originally admitted to the fact that they could not port GvG to the mobile version of the game. They set out to develop a battle element that would be able to work over the whole game. Eventually they launched the wonderful new GBG, as being the thing that would be a fairer and more ballanced battle element to all guilds across all game platforms, without all the flaws of GvG with all its bad programming problems.

OK GBG is available across all platforms, but it has more flaws, and inconsitencies than GvG ever had. It is a joke that gets worse as it goes. Now they are about to launch yet another something new (QI) and finally end GvG. I wonder how long after QI is going will they admit GBG is impossible to put right and announce some new marvel to replace the lumbering mess that it has been right from the start..

Last edited:

Sharmon the Impaler

What makes me really laugh about GBG, is that after INNO originally admitted to the fact that they could not port GvG to the mobile version of the game. They set out to develop a battle element that would be able to work over the whole game. Eventually they launched the wonderful new GBG, as being the thing that would be a fairer and more ballanced battle element to all guilds across all game platforms, without all the flaws of GvG with all its bad programming problems.

OK GBG is available across all platforms, but it has more flaws, and inconsitencies than GvG ever had. It is a joke that gets worse as it goes. Now they are about to launch yet another something new (QI) and finally end GvG. I wonder how long after QI is going will they admit GBG is impossible to put right and announce some new marvel to replace the lumbering mess that it has been right from the start..
There is one difference , GBG has made Inno a small fortune , GVG did not. I prefer GVG personally but customers' likes and dislikes always come secondary to profit at Inno.

Angry.Blanket

Another funny , a quick google shows from 50% to 90% of americans have access to a pc but only 5% of FOE players have access to a PC

jaymoney23456

GbG at least has good player rewards and is a good for social aspect of the game when guilds meet and farm the map. GvG is a cesspool of cheaters that does nothing for the player and gives out far too poor of guild rewards compared to what else is out there now and is a goods pit to boost.

Sharmon the Impaler

Just one of the numbers all the haters throw around.
Of the people that play FoE on PC , 5% of all players make up GVG players. That statistic means nothing because the two statements are not linked. If 5% of FoE players owned a PC that would mean that 100% of people playing FoE on a PC also play GVG which would mean that it is the most successfull part of the game in it's entire history and maybe a world record for online computer games.

Angry.Blanket

Of the people that play FoE on PC , 5% of all players make up GVG players. That statistic means nothing because the two statements are not linked. If 5% of FoE players owned a PC that would mean that 100% of people playing FoE on a PC also play GVG which would mean that it is the most successfull part of the game in it's entire history and maybe a world record for online computer games.
I just remember when I said no one played GvG because it didnt offer rewards, several people corrected me and informed be it was because GvG was PC and most people didnt have access to a PC.

Emberguard

Just one of the numbers all the haters throw around.
5% is only the amount of players participating in GvG

The InnoGames website used to have a graphic on it back in Nov 2021 that stated 33% of players primarily used PC.

If we assume the 5% is the entire playerbase (that part was unclear in the numbers InnoGames provided), that would bump up the statistic to 15% of PC players (those with access to the feature) VS 50% of everyone with access to Guild Expedition who play Guild Expedition

We don't have anything more recent to compare with. So any of those numbers could have increased or decreased since then. But logically it would make sense for the 5%/15% number to be less now that they're removing GvG

Ebeondi Asi

There are probably a bunch of players who use a tablet. Which generally does the Mobile version.
One other point might be mobility. Most people own a phone and take it everywhere. Not too many carry around a laptop (though a lot of students probably do)
I'm lazy and go nowhere, so I have a laptop in the bedroom, and one in the living room.

Johnny B. Goode

I just remember when I said no one played GvG because it didnt offer rewards, several people corrected me and informed be it was because GvG was PC and most people didnt have access to a PC.
I was the one who corrected you, but that was not the reason I gave. You are conflating different comments from multiple posters into one idea. And that one idea is not what any one person said, and is wrong in any case. What is true is that over 2/3 of FoE players played mostly on mobile and that only 5% of active players participated in GvG several years ago when that data was shared. I doubt that the % of mobile players has gone down, and I also doubt that the % of GvG participants has gone up. What is not true is that GvG was not played due to lack of tangible rewards nor because of lack of access to a PC. GvG was not played by more of the player base because it was a seriously flawed feature from the very start that was made worse by how players steered it with their actions/play styles. Another factor in its low participation % was how badly some guilds managed their GvG efforts. I remember being in several guilds that veered to and fro with their efforts with no real vision or long range purpose. Only the rare guilds with that vision and long range purpose and leadership that could translate that into guild efforts were able to be even mildly successful on GvG. And then almost 9 years ago now, Inno just quit working on GvG, which has led to the slow lingering death spiral it's been on since then. Now it will finally disappear, and those in the successful guilds will mourn its passing, and the rest of us who saw its potential but steered clear of its reality will mourn what might have been.

Emberguard

GvG was not played by more of the player base because it was a seriously flawed feature from the very start that was made worse by how players steered it with their actions/play styles.

One thing that definitely curtailed participation is the ability to grey out the beaches

Oh sure, it's a legit strategy. Of course any Guild looking to be #1 would use every tool at their disposal to remain #1. But it also meant the strongest Guild on the map had the least amount of opponents to contend with, while the weakest Guilds trying to get on the map had the highest amount of opponents to face. Meaning it was unplayable for a lot of Guilds simply because they were never getting past the beach without negotiating a non-attack pact.

Guild Battlegrounds has a similar flaw due to swapping with another Guild being the only way to prevent tiles being taken by an opponent. So of course the strongest teams are going to team up with each other to keep those rewards coming in. There's no direct mechanic available to defend without teaming up. If you're stuck at your base tile you have no one available to team up with, therefore you need the top Guilds to be slowed down through attrition. At the same time you don't want to make that attrition penalty too high or it'll feel unplayable to everyone anyway

Ebeondi Asi

Guild Battlegrounds has a similar flaw due to swapping with another Guild being the only way to prevent tiles being taken by an opponent. So of course the strongest teams are going to team up with each other to keep those rewards coming in. There's no direct mechanic available to defend without teaming up. If you're stuck at your base tile you have no one available to team up with, therefore you need the top Guilds to be slowed down through attrition. At the same time you don't want to make that attrition penalty too high or it'll feel unplayable to everyone anyway
One development I see happening is more small Guilds are being allowed to work sectors by the top Guilds
Another aspect not mentioned are Rivalries. Some powerful Guilds just will not work with each other. making it FFA for the whole season.
And then the positive aspect of GbG of the act of negotiating with other Guilds. More like real life negotiating needing some skills.

jaymoney23456

I love it when there's a FFA season on a map where no one Guild is strong enough to steamroll everyone. So much more interesting.
GbG isn't really set up for FFA and to do a FFA well requires spending serious amts of diamonds. I think its far better to cooperatively farm than engage in FFA. Also, FFA is a misnomer anyway given that what gets called FFA by some is actually guilds teaming up against another guild to beach them. Its nearly always the case that you then either have an easy victory over the guild you are beaching or you are the beached guild who is at a pernament disadvantage and often can't do much.

jaymoney23456

The main reason that so many dislike the GbG changes is that GbG existed for years as a nice way to farm fp and diamonds. Is it really any wonder that the vast majority of the players in good diamond gbg guilds that farmed in GbG (only strategy worth pursuing especially in the old GbG imo) are not overjoyed with a new GbG which puts a hard cap on fights, reduces, the amt of diamonds and fp that can be won and makes it cost much more in goods and diamonds (for GbG start for example when rushing camps is a must)??
I would love for someone who claims that this new GbG is good to answer this!

Sharmon the Impaler

The main reason that so many dislike the GbG changes is that GbG existed for years as a nice way to farm fp and diamonds. Is it really any wonder that the vast majority of the players in good diamond gbg guilds that farmed in GbG (only strategy worth pursuing especially in the old GbG imo) are not overjoyed with a new GbG which puts a hard cap on fights, reduces, the amt of diamonds and fp that can be won and makes it cost much more in goods and diamonds (for GbG start for example when rushing camps is a must)??
I would love for someone who claims that this new GbG is good to answer this!
Quit the game , you complain on every single post how crappy the game is , are you obtuse ?