• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

GE battle points...

ahsay

Why are points important? If they are then why don't they just put up the number of points my guild scored vs how many points another guild scored? What is the percentage all about does anyone know?

DeletedUser25273

The Battle Points are what earn the guild crowns. (A certain number points will fill the bar and reward the guild with crowns, which will help the guild level. In the Championship, Completion Percentage is used to compare the guilds to determine the winner of the competition, which will reward you with a bonus on the crowns earned from the battle points.

There is also the PvP Battle points awarded to the individuals which help them compete in the towers to earn Medals.

ahsay

Is there any way to calculate this for my guild?

Completion percentage means what? Sounds to me to mean...

If I have 10 members in my guild and we complete all 3 levels of 48 battles, i.e. 480 battles; my guild will have a %100 completion percentage?
If one member doesn't do any battles that would be %90 and if one member only does 24 battles that would be a %95 completion percentage?

ahsay

(A certain number points will fill the bar and reward the guild with crowns, which will help the guild level. In the Championship, Completion Percentage is used to compare the guilds to determine the winner of the competition, which will reward you with a bonus on the crowns earned from the battle points.

Any of this... How does the Guild go about 'calculating' the reward, the certain number of points needed...this is very vague to me...???

DeletedUser25273

I don't think Inno has revealed, or the users reverse engineered the method to compute how many Battle Points are needed for each Bar, and how many crowns they give. It is apparently based on the ages of the members of the guild eligible for GE that week. This may be hard to reverse without a lot of experimentation. The points per encountered I believe also hasn't been completely reverse engineered either, but I think it has been established that completing Encounter X by a person of Age Y seems to always give the same number of points, but I haven't heard of a formula to compute it, or the points for a unsuccessful attempt.

The bar will tell you how many points you need to complete THIS bar, and how many crowns it will give. In one sense, it isn't that important to be able to compute this, unless you are trying to figure out how much an less active guild member is hurting you (if it does).

ahsay

The bar will tell you how many points you need to complete THIS bar, and how many crowns it will give. In one sense, it isn't that important to be able to compute this, unless you are trying to figure out how much an less active guild member is hurting you (if it does).

It is that important and is exactly why I'm here.

We know a less active member affects percentage points. It would be nice to also be able to make the case that they affect the total crown points too. We know they do but how? Or more accurately how many?

Lastly, why the mystery?

Algona

I'm going to offer bad advice.

If the information is that critical, then you should analyze what your Guild is doing in GE. Note the points for each level as you progress through the week. At the end of the week, note how many encounters each player solved, how many points that player scored, and what age that player is. That will give you some idea of each player's potential.

One of my Guild duties is to monitor GE participation. I do know that as far as scoring points (the points measured as X of Y in the central bar at the top) that higher Era players carry most of the weight. Thus if you want higher Honor for your guild you need the higher Era players to go as far as they can.

If you want higher placement in the Championship, you need as many players to go as far as they can. Each player in the Guild is an equal share here. In a small guild one player can make a huge difference, in a larger Guild, it can be under 2%.

Pure speculation on my part, but why the mystery? Four possible reasons. INNO creates interest by having the players try to solve the mechanic. INNO does not want players to game the system. INNO does not want to give out trade secrets. INNO wants to be able to adjust the mechanics without listening to the crap they would get if players knew how the system worked. Take your picks.

ahsay

If the information is that critical, then you should analyze what your Guild is doing in GE. Note the points for each level as you progress through the week. At the end of the week, note how many encounters each player solved, how many points that player scored, and what age that player is. That will give you some idea of each player's potential.

Pure speculation on my part, but why the mystery? Four possible reasons. INNO creates interest by having the players try to solve the mechanic. INNO does not want players to game the system. INNO does not want to give out trade secrets. INNO wants to be able to adjust the mechanics without listening to the crap they would get if players knew how the system worked. Take your picks.

Your first and last paragraph contradict each other.

First you say I can do the analysis myself and then you say Inno doesn't want to give out trade secrets??? If it's possible to do the analysis myself...it aint much of secret...is it?????????????????????????????????

Algona

Boss, I said it's bad advice. Worth every cent you paid for it. Given it's bad advice, I don;t expect a thank you, but picking nits?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!OMGWTFAQBBQ!!!!!11!!!

I don't see any contradiction here. I said "That will give you some idea of each player's potential."

Depending on how thorough you are you might be able to reverse engineer INNO's work. I suspect that would take a lot of time and effort on your part. INNO can't stop that, but is there some reason they should give it away for free?

But then again that was specualtion on my part. What do I know?????!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?

DeletedUser26154

If it's possible to do the analysis myself...
Ahsay, you and only you have the power and the will to crack the Fabled Inno Code.
It's a riddle and a mystery first devised by Leonardo Di Vinci in 1514, a few years before his death.
If you can solve this unfathomable puzzle...
You will receive at least one premium deco every month.
Fail, Ahsay... Fail and we all perish.

ahsay

People...I don't have the time, the inclination or more likely the intellgence to "crack" any code but why not give it away for free??? Linux...right?

Sorry Algonna but "bad advice" or not you can't tell me to go "crack the code" and then tell me it's a secret. Sure I may not be smart enough but there are others out there. So if smart guys can figure this out why not let the dummies like me in on the "secret"? Or do you propose killing me like the guy that first tried to give Bible sermons in plain English; so everyone could understand them? Ooooooh...immaculate conception...somehow society survived that bombsell.

Geez...forgive me for "wondering" how it works...my bad...

ardak Inno has a history of making everything so complicated. I get your point. Asking "how"is about to become a national crime? Geez...anyone know the story of Bearings Bank...a centuries old company might still be around if more of those executives asked..."how".

Algona

Sorry Algonna but "bad advice" or not you can't tell me to go "crack the code" and then tell me it's a secret.

I didn't. I said, for the third time now:

"That will give you some idea of each player's potential."

It's a far stretch from that to as you phrase it "crack the code."

You've taken advice* and supposition and twisted it out of all proportion ("Or do you plan on killing me? " Seriously? Did you really compare yourself to "the guy that first tried to give Bible sermons in plain English"?) and meaning. Now you're getting upset, hostile, and sarcastic about the words you're putting in my mouth?

Nice!

*Yeah, it was bad advice. To take it would have meant work on your part to figure out the answer to your question.

ahsay

People...I don't have the time, the inclination or more likely the intelligence to figure out "...each player's potential...", but why not give it away for free??? Linux...right?

My bad...I sit corrected...

ahsay

*Yeah, it was bad advice. To take it would have meant work on your part to figure out the answer to your question.

Well at least you're finally getting the point.

DeletedUser25273

My guess is that Inno doesn't think it is worth documenting to the world (and by not documenting, they keep the ability to adjust it slightly without getting complaints). If the formulas are simple enough, it might not be that hard to figure the out, but would take a lot of data collection. My first guess is that the number of GE points needed, and the number of crowns granted at the first bar may well be just the simple sum of some value a function of the age of each guild member. To confirm this, a gathering of a couple dozen data points of the number of people of what ages are in the guild, and the value that the guild started as their 1st goal. You will need at least one data point for each variable (points per each age), and a number more to confirm the values. It isn't 'hard', but a lot of work to figure, and not that important to most people.

wolfhoundtoo

You are asking players to tell you why Inno isn't releasing something? No one here would know that.......because Inno does not explain such things. Probably because while you don't have time to figure out the data you do have time to argue about whether you should have that information. Contact support in the game (right click on PCs) and ask them. I doubt they are going to tell you but they would be the only people who could (but likely won't) explain their reasoning.