• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Question] GE Promethium

sirblu

Well, it must be only certain worlds on the US Server and I did not get it on the Beta server. Like I said, I have never received this screen.

DeletedUser26965

Well, it must be only certain worlds on the US Server and I did not get it on the Beta server. Like I said, I have never received this screen.
I'm on every US world and it was on all of them. I opened them all on browser if that makes any difference, maybe you X'd out the screen before it got to that page.

DeletedUser26965

I don't know - I use my laptop but that should not make a difference. Weird!!
If you still have a world available try it, or go on International it's the same thing, it's the very first thing that appears when you start a city but you have to scroll through it to see the one I showed and you can close it out before that, this is what the starting window looks like, I circled the info showing the multiple windows.

IbOrw3D.jpg

DeletedUser26579

I think that's a pretty serious flaw -- requiring promethium (for negotiations) once you get to AF, but promethium is only available 1/4 of the way through. There is necessarily a gap where you need promethium but have no way of obtaining it.

Yes, attack is an option, but I consider being locked out of negotiations to be as much of a problem as it would if the design disallowed attack after a certain point. If you usually attack, imagine how you would feel if that option was suddenly taken away.

sirblu

I just tried a new world and saw the screen. Maybe I did x out of it way back when - Who knows - that was a life time ago!

DeletedUser26965

I think that's a pretty serious flaw -- requiring promethium (for negotiations) once you get to AF, but promethium is only available 1/4 of the way through. There is necessarily a gap where you need promethium but have no way of obtaining it.

Yes, attack is an option, but I consider being locked out of negotiations to be as much of a problem as it would if the design disallowed attack after a certain point. If you usually attack, imagine how you would feel if that option was suddenly taken away.

It's only going to be needed for level 4 soon so I'm fine with it now I guess, still though I don't think it's good for the game given the unique nature of promethium.